SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: ASP vs Evotech pulley and ECU vc Evosport

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 10-01-2007, 08:56 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Porsche 996 (300Hp) Powered Boxster/ Audi A6 Station Wagon
ASP vs Evotech pulley and ECU vc Evosport

Ok, guys, i´ve been make alot of reading about possible upgrades on the SL55 and end up seeing that ASP pulleycan give you alone +30Hp, while Evotech (wish is said to have one of the best and last generation pulley) can only produce 20Hp with ECU + pulley
Here´s Evotech techinal data:
http://www.evotech.de/konfigurator/k...tern=0?146,116

And here´s dyno from ASP pulley + IC pump
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=70925

What is wrong here, how can ECU + Pulley from Evotech produce less power than only ASP pulley?

What about the Evosport packeage which includes:
• evosport fully dampened overdrive crankshaft pulley
• evosport black anodized billet aluminum underdrive pulley kit (water pump, alternator & power steering, belt)
• additional tensioner pulleys and hardware
• Powerchip/evosport custom-tuned evo1 software

According to EVO this will give you 50Hp more, as anyone have real life experience with this kit?

Trying to get the best bang for the buck deal, thanks in advance

J.Seven
Old 10-01-2007, 11:24 AM
Almost a Member!

Just seen the Veloce Performance site and they claim 80HP with ECU and pulley. 50hp alone for the ECU while Renntech, Klemann and all the other companies claim 10 to 115 hp gain with just ECU Jezzzz this is weird.

Dino can you give me a explanation to why your product can make much more power than all the others? Do you have a representative here in Europe?
Thanks in advance.

J.Seven
Old 10-01-2007, 02:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
Originally Posted by J.Seven
Just seen the Veloce Performance site and they claim 80HP with ECU and pulley. 50hp alone for the ECU while Renntech, Klemann and all the other companies claim 10 to 115 hp gain with just ECU Jezzzz this is weird.

Dino can you give me a explanation to why your product can make much more power than all the others? Do you have a representative here in Europe?
Thanks in advance.

J.Seven
Hi:

The differences are that we are not dealing with the same products. Each tuning house has sofware writers and development people trying to get the best out of their products. Just like doctors, some are better than others. I am not saying that we are the best, but I know that we are doing great work and my car is fantastic and has been dead on reliable. And based on what I am hearing from my clients, they are thrilled too.

I can't speak for the other companies, but I can tell you that because I own these cars and mine has been the test bed for alot of the work, we have been able to come up with some great solutions. Additionally, my AMG software writer has some direct ties to the factory, so perhaps he has some additional information.

We are also in the process of coming up with some great cooling solutions that will enhance what we are doing from the ECU side....in other words......more power! ....and I know that it will have great performance and a great price point.

I still think that with all this extra hp/torque running around........we should all be investing in better brakes. I did, and it made a huge difference.

We don't have a European distributor as of yet, but we can turn your ECU around pretty quickly so that your down time is at a minimum.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:25 PM

SL65 AMG
On the brake upgrades do you have something that is lighter then the 65 amg brakes?
Old 10-01-2007, 06:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVOTECH Mercedes AMG
Evotech pulley

Dyno chart from Evotech pulley attached:

Couple of Mbworld members have the Evotech 178 mm pulley:
SleeperX, Jakpro, Rocketw19, Korveine, aganzon, to name a few..

EVOtech pulley setup.

(crankshaft bolt not included.)

If you have any further question, feel free to contact me at anytime.

Here's a video of EVOtech SL 55 vs LPE Z06 (courtesy of E55_RUSS)

Evotech SL 55 vs LPE Z06

Dyno chart of the Evotech SL 55 with SLR internals. (pistons, connecting rods)

Last edited by AdamG@NorCal; 10-02-2007 at 12:49 AM.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
Originally Posted by BiTurboAmg
On the brake upgrades do you have something that is lighter then the 65 amg brakes?
I have a call into my Brembo rep, and I will get back with you......
Old 10-02-2007, 12:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by IngenereAMG
I have a call into my Brembo rep, and I will get back with you......
IngenereAMG -I see Euro Elites has provided a nice Dyno of their Evotech set up...Do you have any dyno sheets? It would be interesting to see those claims previously mentioned on the other threads....

Last edited by V12Godspeed; 10-02-2007 at 02:18 PM.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVOTECH Mercedes AMG
Dyno Chart EVOtech SLR

Old 10-02-2007, 03:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 EuroElites E55
Ok, guys, i´ve been make alot of reading about possible upgrades on the SL55 and end up seeing that ASP pulleycan give you alone +30Hp, while Evotech (wish is said to have one of the best and last generation pulley) can only produce 20Hp with ECU + pulley
Here´s Evotech techinal data:
http://www.evotech.de/konfigurator/k...tern=0?146,116

And here´s dyno from ASP pulley + IC pump
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=70925

What is wrong here, how can ECU + Pulley from Evotech produce less power than only ASP pulley?

What about the Evosport packeage which includes:
• evosport fully dampened overdrive crankshaft pulley
• evosport black anodized billet aluminum underdrive pulley kit (water pump, alternator & power steering, belt)
• additional tensioner pulleys and hardware
• Powerchip/evosport custom-tuned evo1 software

According to EVO this will give you 50Hp more, as anyone have real life experience with this kit?

Trying to get the best bang for the buck deal, thanks in advance

J.Seven
jackpro is the only person i know that has had both evotech and asp pullys. PM him and ask what he thinks. i already know he will tell you hands down EVOtech but find out for yourself.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:43 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by AdamG@EuroElites
Dyno chart from Evotech pulley attached:

Couple of Mbworld members have the Evotech 178 mm pulley:
SleeperX, Jakpro, Rocketw19, Korveine, aganzon, to name a few..

pulley setup.

If you have any further question, feel free to contact me at anytime.

Here's a video of EVOtech SL 55 vs LPE Z06 (courtesy of E55_RUSS)

Evotech SL 55 vs LPE Z06

Dyno chart of the Evotech SL 55 with SLR internals. (pistons, connecting rods)
Adam Goodwin, please tell me why the gain on your pulley chart Dino are about 50HP gain, and the official EVOTECH German site states that with pulley and ECU it only gives 20HP power gain? Thanks in advance

J.Seven
Old 10-02-2007, 04:48 AM
Almost a Member!

We don't have a European distributor as of yet, but we can turn your ECU around pretty quickly so that your down time is at a minimum.
Thanks Dino, i´ll keep on the search and try to get more info about power upgrades. I know there´s a regular poster here that has drop your software and it seems his happy with the result, I´ll try to have a word with him.
So according to your site, your ECU + pulley will give a gain of 80HP. Do you have any Dino charts so that i can se the power and torque curves? What´s the size of your pulley? Thanks in advance.

J.Seven
Old 10-02-2007, 05:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVOTECH Mercedes AMG
Adam Goodwin, please tell me why the gain on your pulley chart Dino are about 50HP gain, and the official EVOTECH German site states that with pulley and ECU it only gives 20HP power gain? Thanks in advance

J.Seven
The numbers on the official EVOTECH German site is conservative compare to other tuners' products that are available in the market.

Another factor is the use of different dyno machines.

By the way,
Our pulley is 178 mm, 10 mm bigger than the Renntech gell pulley and a little bigger than the ASP pulley.

Cheers,

Adam

Last edited by AdamG@NorCal; 10-02-2007 at 07:01 AM.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:05 AM

2016 s65 Coupe, 2021 GLE53C, 2015 S550
I have the Veloce tune. I dyno'd mine last week. Only upgrades are

Veloce performance ecu tune
NO PULLEY CHANGE
Renntech headers (30hp per renntech
VRP airbox (no airtubes lets be generous and say 20hp)

Dyno 490hp at the wheels
520fp torque

If you consider the 50 hp for the headers/ airbox (generous estimate) I gained about 50hp from the ecu tune. I have a dyno print out I will try to scan tonight.

Doc
Old 10-02-2007, 10:32 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by erdocslx2
I have the Veloce tune. I dyno'd mine last week. Only upgrades are

Veloce performance ecu tune
NO PULLEY CHANGE
Renntech headers (30hp per renntech
VRP airbox (no airtubes lets be generous and say 20hp)

Dyno 490hp at the wheels
520fp torque

If you consider the 50 hp for the headers/ airbox (generous estimate) I gained about 50hp from the ecu tune. I have a dyno print out I will try to scan tonight.

Doc
Do you really think headers can give you 30HP and Air Box 20HP gain??????
I really have my doubts on those numbers, have been making engine tuning in all my cars for the last ten years, everything from simple ECU tuning to complete Turbo charge systems in atmo engines, and from real life experience 30HP gains with only headers is not possible. maybe 15HP gain with headers and Air box would be more realistic.
But I will try out myself within a couple of months.

J.Seven
Old 10-02-2007, 11:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks Dino, i´ll keep on the search and try to get more info about power upgrades. I know there´s a regular poster here that has drop your software and it seems his happy with the result, I´ll try to have a word with him.
So according to your site, your ECU + pulley will give a gain of 80HP. Do you have any Dino charts so that i can se the power and torque curves? What´s the size of your pulley? Thanks in advance.

J.Seven
J.

Here is the link to one of our dynos that you are looking for.......

https://mbworld.org/forums/attachmen...2&d=1185395231
Old 10-02-2007, 12:24 PM
Almost a Member!

J.

Here is the link to one of our dynos that you are looking for.......

https://mbworld.org/forums/attachmen...2&d=1185395231
64HP gain Was this with Pulley and ECU?
When the most reputable German and American tuners can only take out 10 to 15HP with ECU tuning, you have to understand that your numbers are quite a bit weird. I´m not saying it´s not possible, but at what reliable cost is this number possible to achieve. I believe I´ll try out myself, nothing like real life experience

J.Seven
Old 10-02-2007, 02:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

When the most reputable German and American tuners can only take out 10 to 15HP with ECU tuning, you have to understand that your numbers are quite a bit weird. I´m not saying it´s not possible, but at what reliable cost is this number possible to achieve. I believe I´ll try out myself, nothing like real life experience

J.Seven
I have been using variations of our software for 4 years now. I track the car, and generally give it enthusiastic use....and the only problem I have experienced is a failed ic pump in that time, which has nothing to do with our ECU work. So, to answer your question......no reliability issues
Old 10-02-2007, 02:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVOTECH Mercedes AMG

J.Seven
J.

You are indeed correct. All reputable German tuners know that they can only tweak the Bosch ME 2.8.1 so far; thus 10-15 hp.

The right question is, how do one tweak the DME to gain over 20 hp? Surely, AMG didn't purposely DETUNE the M113 K especially when the engine is in the SL, S, CL chassis.

Last edited by AdamG@NorCal; 10-02-2007 at 03:40 PM.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:13 PM

Bentley Flying Spur, CL550
Adam you have a PM
Old 10-02-2007, 03:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVOTECH Mercedes AMG
Originally Posted by SteveFox
Adam you have a PM
Steve, sorry i missed your pm!
Old 10-02-2007, 03:40 PM

2016 s65 Coupe, 2021 GLE53C, 2015 S550
Do you really think headers can give you 30HP and Air Box 20HP gain??????
I really have my doubts on those numbers, have been making engine tuning in all my cars for the last ten years, everything from simple ECU tuning to complete Turbo charge systems in atmo engines, and from real life experience 30HP gains with only headers is not possible. maybe 15HP gain with headers and Air box would be more realistic.
But I will try out myself within a couple of months.

J.Seven
Just was quoting the renntech numbers they say for their product. Was just breaking down that I dyno'd 490 rwhp with those 3 mods. break it down how you like. I think I gained 30 hp with the headers only because it matched up well with the ecu tune I already had.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:42 PM

You name it i've had it or got it...
Originally Posted by BiTurboAmg
http://www.movitbrakes.com/
Old 10-02-2007, 05:46 PM

SL65 AMG
Originally Posted by rbtronnie5
Nice but how much for the ceramics front and rear? Any know how much lighter these would be compared to the factory 65 brakes?
Old 10-02-2007, 06:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Your worst nightmare...
Originally Posted by rbtronnie5
Any specs, price in terms the front brakes? I wonder how these would compare to the evosport ones...Hmmmm
Old 10-07-2007, 10:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 AMG C63 S
Hi:

The differences are that we are not dealing with the same products. Each tuning house has sofware writers and development people trying to get the best out of their products. Just like doctors, some are better than others. I am not saying that we are the best, but I know that we are doing great work and my car is fantastic and has been dead on reliable. And based on what I am hearing from my clients, they are thrilled too.

I can't speak for the other companies, but I can tell you that because I own these cars and mine has been the test bed for alot of the work, we have been able to come up with some great solutions. Additionally, my AMG software writer has some direct ties to the factory, so perhaps he has some additional information.

We are also in the process of coming up with some great cooling solutions that will enhance what we are doing from the ECU side....in other words......more power! ....and I know that it will have great performance and a great price point.

I still think that with all this extra hp/torque running around........we should all be investing in better brakes. I did, and it made a huge difference.

Have you done any E63s and is the warranty okay with your setup? Thanks,

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: ASP vs Evotech pulley and ECU vc Evosport