SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Dyno sheet (after Veloce ECU Tune) and some new toys I need to install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 06:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
Originally Posted by erdocslx2
I honestly can give a rats A-s if you believe my numbers or not. As far as the wheels go My HRE's are 9F 11R, The Ones for sale now are 8.5 F 10 R. Get your facts straight. I have like 5 sets of wheels between the sl55 and sl600. as far as conditions, I was talking track conditions, not weather conditions. Your not telling me anything I don't know about Arizona. Coronado High School grad (Scottsdale). But dry hot air is always easier to compress then moist hot air. Gotta love Boyle's Law!

I do not care about the numbers. I thought this was a friendly forum, not a keeping up with the Jones' forum. Some engine builders/tuners get more power out of the same equipment. I was just posting my data. I really do not care what you think or if any of you believe them. If they are that important then you see my location. Fill it up and we can hit the streets!
don't get bent. you're posting info for a crowd that has some background knowledge and when things don't add up you're going to hear about it. don't confuse that with not being friendly.

i brought up conditions so i know exactly what i was referring to, sorry if you misunderstood. boyle's law doesn't explain the effect moisture also has on cooling the charge air so there's no need to cite your coronado highschool chemistry to me. regardless, your conditions will NEVER get as bad as ours and if you're really cutting 1.7x 60' times you've got NOTHING to complain about.

if i wanted to go to alabama it wouldn't be to race an sl55. if it bothers you that much go run some low 11's and prove us all wrong...i'll be the first to congratulate you. but keep in mind i'm not questioning you or your car's improved performance...i'm questioning your dyno operator's integrity.
Old 10-27-2007, 06:17 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2016 s65 Coupe, 2021 GLE53C, 2015 S550
I agree, someone makes a ton of money at Renntech. I thought it was some special engineering and dumped the cash on the headers and was very unimpressed at what I got for the price. I custom built a set of big block headers for my 67 chevelle SS, that we spent weeks changing pipe diameter, curvature, collectors etc. I expected some engineering magic when I paid for those headers. That is why if you notice more of my mods are being custom machined in my buddies shop.
Old 10-27-2007, 06:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by chiromikey
don't get bent. you're posting info for a crowd that has some background knowledge and when things don't add up you're going to hear about it. don't confuse that with not being friendly.

if i wanted to go to alabama it wouldn't be to race an sl55. if it bothers you that much go run some low 11's and prove us all wrong...i'll be the first to congratulate you. but keep in mind i'm not questioning you or your car's improved performance...i'm questioning your dyno operator's integrity.

Very true, and well said Mike.

I wasn't trying to question YOU either. Been around way too many 55s with Renntech, Kleemann, Evosport, Brabus, MKB, even Hennesey Performance upgrades, and I have seen and witnessed countless dynos for our cars, and I guess I was just very very surprised to see your numbers.

It's quite impressive, just wish I could see what your baseline was.
Old 10-27-2007, 06:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts
'03 E55, Range Rover Sport Supercharged, Ducati 748R
...That is why if you notice more of my mods are being custom machined in my buddies shop.
that's the way to go and where you'll shine above the rest!
Old 10-27-2007, 07:21 PM

05 SL 55 AMG, 01 Turbusa/8.43 @ 183..1/4 mi.
Unhappy

My '05 -55 made 452RWHP with the Renntech Pulley and ECU mod........I sold that car for a disgustingly low price with 6500 miles on it...........
Old 10-27-2007, 07:24 PM

2004 S55 AMG
Originally Posted by Sunny55
...even Hennesey Performance upgrades...
Oh my Gawd, that guy is like a bad penny, and just keeps coming up. PLEASE tell me that no one here has drank that Kool Aid...
Old 10-27-2007, 09:33 PM
PTE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
05 ML-500 , 03 CLK5.5 AMG has left the Garage
Dyno Numbers

Hi Doc. Whats up This is a Tough group. But we really are all about truth in the numbers. Thats why I always have done before & after dynos. I alway use the same operator / owner , and it seems my numbers were always lower than what was claimed by the tuners. But I went back to them with them numbers and they always have seem to have found that additional little edge I was expecting. I got to tell you , the 40 hp increase on a already well calibrated German car ECU is quite extraordinary. Not many of us have been able to get this with just a reflash. Most of the time it is a 40Ftlbs of torque in the midrange ( This really excites the butt dyno) , the big end hp is up a bit. Hey maybe this ECU tuner found something. Time Will tell, Some of the biggest Torque & Hp increase i everfound was by misstake
BTW VRP (Victor has some really good stuff) coming our way soon

Get well ,Go easy on the recovery time. Keep us posted __PTE__

Last edited by PTE; 10-27-2007 at 09:37 PM.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:52 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2016 s65 Coupe, 2021 GLE53C, 2015 S550
Thanks for the kind words. I am actually putting the final touches to my custom intercooler system, but have to finish healing. It will ccompletely exclude the intercooler from the radiator. Totally eliminating Heat soak. It has a dual pass heat exchanger dedenbear pump, the HE is 3 times bigger than stock. Also doing phenolic spacers with this setup. I am going to take my setup and get my machine shop buddy reproduce some of these for my fellow amg buddies who are interested. It will also have air temp gauge. I am probably going to finish that system before I put in the Thermostat I got from you. Thanks PTE
Old 10-27-2007, 09:53 PM

SL55
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden
Oh my Gawd, that guy is like a bad penny, and just keeps coming up. PLEASE tell me that no one here has drank that Kool Aid...

I guess after advertisement, after relentless post/advertisement, anyone some could be brainwashed, ala Jim Jones, LOL! Don't fault ErdocSlx2 he's just excited about his car... BUT, I guess the basis for all the distention is a 50hp claim from an ECU tune, The other tuners are not bad, AMG would not throw 40-50HP as advertiser claims, at the rear away if it were within the boundries of safety. Oliver is sharp as a tack! He's as good or better at what he does as anyone, and he would tell you no way.

Now like I've stated before... I love what I got from Adam and Oliver custom for my car... And it does feel faster, but 50hp? No.

Now look how a lot of people claim dissatisfaction with RennTech with their mods not performing as advertised. THEY ONLY CLAIM 10HP From an ECU tune alone. If they could have even slightly exaggerated their ECU claims wouldn't they have? Yet they only claim 10HP. So are they are being conservative?

A lot of things can make the car FEEL faster like supercharger engagement points etc.

With the filters I think I've got maybe 20hp more... The car really didn't break the tires loose that much, now it does with a stab of the throttle. I've raced, built and tuned cars my whole life, and have done so professionally, and I know what I feel. Why didn't I dyno the car? because it's not worth it, I know I didn't get all that much, when I do a pulley, and cooling mod, and an airbox... Then maybe yea'.

All I'm saying is Renntech has been in the game a long time, and if they can only claim 10HP what does that tell you? It would be greatly in their interest to claim more, there are plenty of smoke screens available to cloud the issue with dyno differences, air and altitude changes etc. There are so many tricks... You could ice the intake, anything!

But they don't. What does that tell you?

I don't want to knock anybody, Just use your common sense.

Best,

RoydRage

Last edited by RoydRage; 10-27-2007 at 10:02 PM.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:18 PM

2004 S55 AMG
RR-

The Kool Aid I was talking about was in reference to anyone being Henne-screwed...
Old 10-27-2007, 10:20 PM

SL55
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden
RR-

The Kool Aid I was talking about was in reference to anyone being Henne-screwed...
Ahhh...

Sorry, still a valid reference though... LOL!
Old 10-28-2007, 02:01 AM

You name it i've had it or got it...
I honestly can give a rats A-s if you believe my numbers or not. As far as the wheels go My HRE's are 9F 11R, The Ones for sale now are 8.5 F 10 R. Get your facts straight. I have like 5 sets of wheels between the sl55 and sl600. as far as conditions, I was talking track conditions, not weather conditions. Your not telling me anything I don't know about Arizona. Coronado High School grad (Scottsdale). But dry hot air is always easier to compress then moist hot air. Gotta love Boyle's Law!

I do not care about the numbers. I thought this was a friendly forum, not a keeping up with the Jones' forum. Some engine builders/tuners get more power out of the same equipment. I was just posting my data. I really do not care what you think or if any of you believe them. If they are that important then you see my location. Fill it up and we can hit the streets!
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...t=27101&page=9

post #412...they look like the same wheels you are selling and the same ones that are not 9's and 11's...so you get your facts straight. look i never said anything bad...i just hmmm...weird how all these little slip ups happen.
Old 10-28-2007, 05:04 AM
Zod
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
CLS55 2006, CLS 63S 2015
Thank you for posting your dino and future mod upgrades

I wish you best of luck and health on both your recovery and moding .

look forward to seeing it all done!