SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Wheels X 2

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 02:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 SL55 AMG
Wheels X 2

Guys,

I finally got my wheels. Well, I was back and forth on a few sets, and I decided to get 2 sets of wheels, for different purposes. First, I found a terrific deal on a slightly used set of Renntech Monolites, 20x9 front 20x10.5 rear, in black. So beautiful and very very light. I wanted these for the looks, period. 20s are hell to keep in great condition in the tri-state area, just have to drive very carefully.

Then I ordered a set of 19x9, 19x11 from CCW. This was the first set John from CCW made in 11 inch rear for the SL. They have only made 10.5 inch rear for Mercedes in the past. Therefore, I have the only set in the world with 11 inch rear of CCW!!! I actaully ordered these after I canceled my Iforged order. I love Iforged wheels, they make some great looking wheels, but I wanted lightweight. CCW makes awesome lightweight wheels that are one of the strongest in the market. I'm going to clear coat these polished wheels and make sure the shine stays.....I'm most likely going to be rocking these wheels for the most part.

The 20s are proving to be a harsher ride, but just looks so damn good. I have to get my wheels aligned early next week. As well as raise my suspension links a little bit.

I weighed both sets of wheels:
Renntech: 25.5 lb front 25.25 lb rear (no typo here, its .25 pounds heavier in the front)
CCW: 24.5 lb front 27 lb rear. (I was expecting to see lower numbers from CCW, but it's ok, because they are so gorgeous.)

I had to take the pics with my phone. My apologies if the quality isn't great. My camera is acting really funny, and my girl accidentally spilled some vitamin water on her camera, so we had to send that off to get it fixed.

Pics are here, Enjoy:

https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/217651-wheels-x-2-a.html