SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Hell with my SL55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 11:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 AMG - - 2005 SL55 AMG - - - - - - 2006 SLK55 AMG - - - - - - 2013 Ducati Diavel AMG -
That's funny, because I was thinking it would go down something like this.."Oh my God, did you see the neighbor? He has the nnnnewww style SL, what was he thinking? What an idoit! Man I love my '05! Hahahahaha!
Old 02-11-2008, 12:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SL55, CL55, Range Rover, Lexus LX470
Originally Posted by NOTA4RE
Yeah I am not saying I like the new car either but it will be the car to have for the show offs. The current SL will be the car to have for the finger pointers and gaspers. "oh my god did you see the neighbor? She has the ooooold style SL, she must be poor." You may think this crap doesn't go on but it does. The area I live in in florida is full of those types, it's a game of one up mens ship.
I call on that remark! Sorry Bro I like you but who cares what the neighbor bought, I leave that up to the Homo's who star in the L word sitcom. Ranger Out!

Last edited by charles pearson; 02-11-2008 at 12:37 PM.
Old 02-11-2008, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Havoc
That's funny, because I was thinking it would go down something like this.."Oh my God, did you see the neighbor? He has the nnnnewww style SL, what was he thinking? What an idoit! Man I love my '05! Hahahahaha!
+1, i'm with you bro, and why try to proove yourself to anyone but yourself?????? Let's bring some maturity to these young grasshoppers.
Old 02-11-2008, 12:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL55, Cayenne S, Tundra, 360 spider
Look guys I am not trying to **** anyone off here. And I am certainly not like any of the people I mention. I could prove that by saying neither myself or my wife own a pair of shoes worth more than a hundred dollars. Matter of fact I only own two pairs of dress shoes and one of them is 10 years old. I couldn't care less what other people think about me on that level, but I do care what people think because what people think controls the market especially with high end luxury items. I love to enjoy a previously owned car at a huge discount too. I think you guys believe I am trying to insult you and thats not the case. I am simply stating the facts that most people who want the latest and greatest don't care what they pay for it and those who don't want the latest and greatest do care what they pay for it. It makes used Mercedes a hard sell especially the old body style of ANY model. Don't believe me try and unload a 06 or older S class right now.
Old 02-11-2008, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by NOTA4RE
Look guys I am not trying to **** anyone off here. And I am certainly not like any of the people I mention. I could prove that by saying neither myself or my wife own a pair of shoes worth more than a hundred dollars. Matter of fact I only own two pairs of dress shoes and one of them is 10 years old. I couldn't care less what other people think about me on that level, but I do care what people think because what people think controls the market especially with high end luxury items. I love to enjoy a previously owned car at a huge discount too. I think you guys believe I am trying to insult you and thats not the case. I am simply stating the facts that most people who want the latest and greatest don't care what they pay for it and those who don't want the latest and greatest do care what they pay for it. It makes used Mercedes a hard sell especially the old body style of ANY model. Don't believe me try and unload a 06 or older S class right now.
Bro, I understand and agree with what you are saying, I don't feel that way about you, your a conservatist and there is nothing wrong with that. I figure you to be a pretty smart guy and a cautious one at that, all I'm saying is the hell with what other people think I ain't got bank like that to try to impress someone else that's all bro, your good man.
Old 02-11-2008, 03:35 PM

M Cars, old Corvettes, other old Detroit Muscle, etc.
Guys, Guys .... I learned many years ago that (for me) the two most important people I need to impress are myself and my banker.

My nearest neighbor now lives over the next hill about a mile away and I've never met them nor do I care to ever meet them. We cashed out of Los Angeles and Santa Barbara 2 years ago after spending over 30 years riding to the crest of the RE market

Last edited by RRod; 02-11-2008 at 03:47 PM.
Old 02-11-2008, 04:32 PM
Almost a Member!

Black SL55
Originally Posted by regor60
Yeah ? What kind of cologne was it ?
Unforgivable from Seal John.