SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: 2009 Vette ZR1 or 2009 Benz SL65???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 12:41 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CLS63, GLK350
back in 91 the acrua nsx went for $30K over list, 4 years later I bought one with 18K miles on it that looked like new for $29K. Wait awhile and you can get one in a couple of years for a big saving.
Old 06-16-2008, 01:30 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by alroumi
Used SL65 AMG then its off to Kleemann.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 290 Likes on 203 Posts
2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AWD, 1999 S500
Originally Posted by c2jones
You DO make excuses. You suggest that as long as build quality is sound, that reliability matters less, as if reliability was not part of the full quality aspect. Just wrong altogether. Once you admitted that everything makes up what quality is defined as, but true to form, you lose your way and go back to splitting them up. This is clearly reflective of an internally motivated ingredient within you, more than any clear consensus on the matter..
Again, same old BS. Nothing new to say as usual.

Nope. No excuses necessary. There is simply no consensus that it is not well-built, much less totally reliant upon performance to offset said quality. Simple.
Yet a Mercedes is still built better than any plastic POS Corvette.

Fittingly and tellingly, terms like "rattletrap, junky, cheapo," etc., are not intellectual terms. These are terms used by the bias intoxicants, and this undermines the overall wherewithal of the writer.
And they also describe certain aspects of the Corvette's construction.

What is "plum" (a deep south term...) ridiculous is that somehow you have anything remotely resembling a worthy consensus that this car, interior and all, will not be worth the overall asking price, all things considered. Dealers are getting twice the asking price now and, auctions have acquired $1M USD. I know of no recent production MB doing this. So, "worth the asking price" is extremely relative to the consumer.

Just because some idiot is willing to give away his money doesn't prove squat. People paid the same ridiculous over sticker for the ZR-1 back in 1990, only to be called for the fools they are a few months latter. The new ZR-1 is 2000 unit a year car and there is no earthly reason for anyone to pay over sticker. Only dumb ***** do such things for a car that has years yet to be produced. Nobody buying a Mercedes-Benz is that stupid to pay 1M USD for a car that will be massed produced. Older, classic MB's however sell for more money than any junker Corvette ever will.

A very astute forum sponsor here made an important, very valid point that the remotely balanced and composed mind can easily appreciate: "...don't knock current GM quality against MBZ build quality. If you read AUTOMOTOR UND SPORT, and SPORT AUTO, the main enthusiast magazines in Germany, you will find that MBZ is rated about 10th in quality among the brands sold in Germany...by Germans. BMW is low too. Audi and the Japanese cars are higher, so is Cadillac and Buick."
Wow, yet the most recent surveys in this country put Mercedes-Benz ahead of Cadillac and Buick. Go figure.

This vendor has customers all over the world. On an overall scope, perceptions are as diversified as the people that have them. Everything must be kept in proper perspective
Irrelevant BS.

M
Old 06-26-2008, 08:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Oh please. What a desperate attempt at a point to leverage. Does anyone deny that Porsches are sportcars that are known for their luxury, too? Your luxury "goods" will work; message is the same. My point stands.
You're the one that tried to call Porsche a luxury car maker, when nothing could be further from the truth. Again, more of the same BS from the BS artist himself. You never had a point and it never stood.

There will surely be no consensus here. Everyone whom is someone in the automotive industry, would cast no such preposterous allegation.
Like you have one with any of the BS you're spewing here? Pluuhease.

Could you have me know what exactly this has to do with the price of tea in China? No initial quality report does anything in the way of offsetting the point. I am stating that the jury is still out. Initial means just that, not overall or longterm. Besides, all this does is confirm that the fit and finish issues left something to be desired previously, as I contended and you disputed. You kept dividing reliability and build quality, saying that the build quality was fine and that only reliability was of matter. So much for that. And for someone that put no stock in surveys to be using this of all things to attempt a point, speaks volumes. Time will tell. But let's hope things are bettering with MB. I have plans for further models. Their reliability would do well to rank where it should for all the expense of the car, all while you chastise Corvette while it has good ratings. Such double standards.

You're a liar too. I never ever said that reliability didn't matter relative to build quality. What I said was that they're not exactly the same thing. Are you really that slow that you can't grasp this? A cheaply built Toyota can be reliable as hell, but it is physically built like a tin can. Most Toyotas just that. Same thing goes for most American cars, but they're much more reliable than they used to be.

Mercedes-Benz has improved greatly in the last few years whether you like it or not. Period.

You're the one that loves surveys so I used them to debunk you're feeble, baseless points. Its called own medicine. I don't need a survey to tell me that the current CL and S are the best build MB's in years, all I have to do is open the door. Ditto with a cheapo Corvette compared to GM's newer, better built, less expensive cars.

Yeah, despite all your alleged "research," you end up "forgetting" and being stunned quite often. We're not talking about just using the same supplier, we're talking about licensed components from GM.
BS, no we're not. Same supplier does not equal same quality from one brand to another, otherwise most car interiors would be the same qualitywise across the board.

GM designed and engineered these components that other brands are now making use of. And it does not end with those shocks either. (You first implied that there were no such components, then when cited, you simply try to sweep it under the rug as if you had ample insight in the first place.)
They most certainly did not. Suppliers designed them. Man do you know anything about the automotive industry? Usually the car company works with a supplier, very few car companies design things in-house anymore. Of course there are exceptions, but GM isn't one of them.

As if reliability was not important to build quality. And I never concurred that Corvette was built like crap, those were your words, and that you place so much focus on interior cabins adorning you in luxury beyond all else (especially when we're talking about supercars no less) is absolutely pathetic, and again, quite telling.

Whats pathetic is your general lack of knowledge on automotive issues. Also your head in the sand defense of the Corvette on a MB board. I've never seen something so ridiculous. What part about the Corvette being built cheaply don't you understand? This goes for the whole car, not just the interior. The seats, body, everything is cheap as hell compared to a Benz.

M
Old 06-26-2008, 08:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Earth to German, this discussion is about the SL BS duplicating a performance design of Z06 and ZR1, which it has. SL's are power hardtop convertibles. You cite a CL link to make a point about composites? That was NOT the point, silly. The current SL (once standing for, are you ready? "super light," believe it or not) is anything but light, and the BS is going with fixed carbonfiber roof panels (like Z06 and ZR1) to reduce weight. No more convertible with this SL. It is going towards the supercar market and saving weight to do so in the SAME interest as Corvette. Very simple there Shurlock.
No it isn't. You made the discussion about quality when someone called the POS Corvette for what it is. The CL link was to show your uninformed self that Mercedes has also dabled in such construction techniques and that the Corvette isn't exclusive in this regard. Nice diversion about what "SL" means when no one claimed it to match its name in being "Sport Light". It doesn't mean Super Light, again clueless.

You are saying that the past does not matter, and as evidence of this you're looking to relegate the recent past (with cars very much still on the road with plenty of payments remaining...!) to the distant past. The information is not outdated whatsoever. And this conversation was NEVER about comparing the history of these vehicles in terms of quality. Only that the Corvette is markedly improving and has made a special supercar worthy of the ticket, and as MB had its share of reliability issues, recent initial quality reports will not offset this. You elected to bash ZR1 with all this cheapo thing - this will not hold up.
Thats just it, if you're going to say "as of late" for Mercedes then you have to include the still junky-built Corvette. What part of this don't you grasp? Mercedes has improved much, much more with brand-new vehicles, unlike the Corvette which is still the same car it was a few years ago, but now only with more power, a leather wrapped dash to try and pretend that it is a quality piece, and a new flagship model with even more power and performance, yet the same junk-**** construction as before.

There were some in this very thread that felt that their Corvette seats were amongst the best they've had. Certainly, this flimsy thing is just another personal dig more than anything else.
Yeah must by why most magazines complain about them too. Let you tell it the Corvette has no flaws at all, pure BS. Those seats are as cheap and flimsly as the day is long.

No one said that one MUST run to the aftermarket whatsoever. Many are quite pleased with the way one can receive the car straightup. What I said was, IF one must have their vain rear-ends wrapped in plush utopia in their supercar, one can do this much more reasonably in ZR1 versus the massive amounts asked of other exotics. One can have interior above the level of SL65 all with the performance of ZR1 and STILL do this for less than the cost of the former. That was the only point. Not all would need to do this with a supercar - just people like you.
Then why bring it up? It shouldn't even be suggested to run to the aftermarket to spruce up the interior on a 100K car. Such a thing is absurd in order to get the level of quality and fit/finish that should have been present to start with. You could slather the ZR-1's interior in whatever aftermarket stuff you can find and you still won't have a SL65 interior. You can't retrofit quality. The Corvette's cheap interior would need to be redesigned to get to the SL65's level. Thats the thing about GM apologist, they don't know what real quality is so they say ridiculous things like this.

At least you're admitting now that its more that just the supplying of leather and stitching as you said before. Its actually the console and other aspects, too. The vendor does not draw the distinction you are.
Oh god, man....THE SAME SUPPLIER DOESN'T MEAN THE SAME INTERIOR QUALITY. AGAIN, SAY IT WITH ME, THE SAME SUPPLIER DOESN'T EQUAL THE SAME INTERIOR QUALITY, FIT OR FINISH.

YOU LISTED ONLY HALF OF THE MOTOR TREND QUOTE, YOU LEFT OFF THE PART WHERE THEY CLEARLY STATED THAT THE BENZ HAD THE BETTER INTERIOR DESPITE THE FACT THAT CADILLAC HAD THE SAME SUPPLIER.

IT PROVES WHAT IS JUST SAID ABOVE, SAME SUPPLIER DOESNT EQUAL SAME OVERALL QUALITY INTERIOR. PERIOD.

Sweet confirmation. Just look how ridiculously disparate you're becoming - worse than ever. The topic was the grade of interiors, not performance. So your example has no application, even if facetious. You cannot even stick within the topic as you reach for points. Talk about sad. That's it in a nutshell.
Yet you're the one that will harp about performance all day long to combat the fact that the Corvette has an interior of about 35K car, not a 100K. That isn't just sad, its pathetic.

The particular discussion was about packaging; what one gets for the price. You were harping on the overall worthiness of the ($100K) cost issue. And talk about smear tactics: just reread your lowly self with all this "junky, flimsy, shoddy, cheapo, crap, trash" words. You are nothing if not a smear tactic traducer in the foremost degree. Makes you look like some of these puerile types here. Real shame. I thought you were better than that.
I know you can't grasp what a 100K car entails. For you its about performance with a ****-poor interior. Smear tactics? Really, this coming from the person who ONLY QUOTES THE GOOD PART OF THE ARTICLES THEY'RE POSTING. TALK ABOUT A FRAUD.

The topic, again, was overall worthiness of the price, something you have continued to malign. Reliability is important to most people. You would rather have your car broken down on the road, just as long as you can look at plush interior as its towed in. You can always show the towing crew that at least its not "junky" like all those cars that are driving by us right now. That's a real personal problem.

And again, the ZR-1's performanc is worth the price, but the interior isn't. Its a lopsided car like most GM produced. Great at some things, sucks at others. You would rather sit in a plastic POS that can perform than have a car than can perform that is actually built like something. This BS about Benzes being broken down on the side of the road is just that, BS.

You're only surveys prove that isn't the case anymore.

If this were true then the Benz SL tying with the Corvette in initial quality must mean the Corvette is POS broken down on the side of the road too.

M
Old 06-26-2008, 08:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This is not at all the case. I think the message is pretty clear to understand..

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT YOU DID. I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'D TRY TO LIE ABOUT SOMETHING WE ALL CAN GO BACK AND READ. YOU ONLY POSTED 1/2 OF THE QUOTE FROM MOTOR TREND ABOUT THE STS-V's INTERIOR. YES THEY SAID THAT CERTAIN PIECES OF IT COME FROM THE SAME SUPPLIER AS MAYBACH, BUT IN THE SAME ARTICLE THEY CLEARLY STATED THAT YOU CAN'T JUST ADD QUALITY, IT HAS TO BE BAKED IN FROM THE START, AS SUCH IS THE CASE WITH THE CLS.

NOW TELL ME THAT ISN'T WHAT THEY SAID AND THAT YOU DIDN'T POST THE WHOLE QUOTE! BS'er PAR EX....

With regard to ZR1 (remember the thread premise - yeah, that one), they both share the same interior vendor and of course, let's not forget that they share the same brakes, standard. Of course, they don't share the same vehicle pricing, though. That's the value of ZR1.
One would have to be a total idiot to compare the Corvette to a Bugatti. Again, what is the point of saying they have the same interior supplier. The quality of the Bugatti is light years ahead of the Corvette. My god man you can't be that thick to really think that because they have the same supplier that they are somehow on the same page quality wise. Supplier have different levels of quality/products that they sell, everything they sell isn't the same.

Otherwise every car would have a Bugatti level interior.

Point is, this car, ZR1 has a complete package, all things considered, that is certainly worthy of the price. Everything else is pandering and posturing
IT MOST CERTAINLY ISN'T. See you're little excuse indicater on the end of your statment, "all things considered", which is exactly what you're not doing. To get such performance for such a price something has to give, and in the case of the Corvette it is the interior and overall build/fit/finish. Anyone not wearing a GM cape can tell you this, its Corvette 101.

M
Old 06-26-2008, 09:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 E500
Germancar1,

You truly have deep personal issues.

You are responding to posts over a month old now and to a thread that most have long since lost the desire to engage with. All your comments are circular and the same old things you had stated before (and I countered long ago over and over). There is nothing new to your pointed, petty (and skewed) suppositions. All this use of terms like "junky" truly demotes your intellectual degree.

For those that felt I had a passion for these debates and was stretching this thread out (in which actually, I was only responding to demeaning remarks from others), they should take a good hard look at you. You come back from the abyss and want to rehash ancient history in a redundant thread that has slipped beneath the interest of most here. But now, well beyond a day late and well more than a dollar short, you come back here and try to inflame tension with your derogatory comments. That is so pathetically weak.

I will not partake in this silly exercise with you as clearly you're not on the level with an intelligible discussion. You're all emotion and fever. And for all that survey content, these "quality" rankings, for what they're worth, are all relative as I have maintained from the onset. In contrast with your assessments, surveys everywhere confirm that Corvette (the example below refers to convertible) shares rankings right there with SL, undermining all your woefully erroneous and obsessive tunnel-vision otherwise.

"Further making headlines was the SL, sharing a win with the Chevrolet Corvette Convertible in the "Convertibles Over $30,000" category with a TQI score of 939 (making it the third highest ranked model on the list)."

http://www.emercedesbenz.com/May08/2...ty_Awards.html

One should pursue whatever vehicle they so choose. I was only defending Corvette from your waywardly charged remarks. These cars are different and just as I (and others here) have said from the start, one can appreciate many makes of cars and there is room for diversity with one's automotive choices.

Last edited by c2jones; 06-26-2008 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Repaired link
Old 06-26-2008, 08:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Germancar1,

You truly have deep personal issues.

You are responding to posts over a month old now and to a thread that most have long since lost the desire to engage with. All your comments are circular and the same old things you had stated before (and I countered long ago over and over). There is nothing new to your pointed, petty (and skewed) suppositions. All this use of terms like "junky" truly demotes your intellectual degree..

This from a person who takes pride in arguing about a Corvette on a Mercedes-Benz board. Talk about deep and personal issues. I didn't respond because I didn't want to read anymore of your clueless drivel, but I was bored so I said what the hell. As I see you're still in la la land with your ridiculous excuses and even more ridiculous beliefs, combined with a shocking lack of knowledge about things basic automotive.

Junky? Yes and even certain magazines have used this term to describe the Corvette's construction. Just because you choose to gloss over the Corvette's shoddy construction (is that better?) doesn't mean everyone else will. If you're going to sit here and still repeat this nonsense about Benzes being oh so broken down on the side of the ride (which is nonsense) then I'm going to call the Corvette junky. That way I'm just as ridiculous as you are.

For those that felt I had a passion for these debates and was stretching this thread out (in which actually, I was only responding to demeaning remarks from others), they should take a good hard look at you.
Really? Like they did with you? There was actually a thread started about you to have your sorry self thrown off the board. Now who is looking at who? Seems to me that you're the one with the problem. You don't seem to know what board you're on or where you are. Go find a GM board to praise a heap like the Corvette and they'll worship you I'm sure.

You come back from the abyss and want to rehash ancient history in a redundant thread that has slipped beneath the interest of most here. But now, well beyond a day late and well more than a dollar short, you come back here and try to inflame tension with your derogatory comments. That is so pathetically weak.
Gee next time I'll consult my posting, debate and argument handbooks before I post. This is a classic response from a person who just has to have the last word. What, like you're supposed to post something and then I'm not supposed to say anything else about it because some time has passed by? Because you say that it isn't "right" to post now I'm not supposed to? Man pluhease.

You only post half of the reviews that only half-way support you're weak points. Then when the full quote is posted you come back and say that someone is weak, when in realilty you're a fraud and somewhere beyond weak. You're not only a liar, but you're a fraud.

I will not partake in this silly exercise with you as clearly you're not on the level with an intelligible discussion. You're all emotion and fever.
This from a person who uses words like "weak" and "pathetic" at every turn because their silly posts have been debunked, over and over. Clearly emotional when the facts don't support your weak rhetoric. Good riddance.

And for all that survey content, these "quality" rankings, for what they're worth, are all relative as I have maintained from the onset. In contrast with your assessments, surveys everywhere confirm that Corvette (the example below refers to convertible) shares rankings right there with SL, undermining all your woefully erroneous and obsessive tunnel-vision otherwise.
One track mind, the problem with GM apologists and excuse makers. A survey doesn't give you the full picture. A Corvette can be as reliable as a wood stove, but it isn't built worth a crap. NO SANE PERSON HERE WILL LOOK AT A SL AND A CORVETTE AND SAY THEY'RE THE BUILT WITH THE SAME BUILD QUALITY, FIT AND FINISH. WHAT PART OF THAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?

YOU CAN'T EVEN GRASP THE FACT THAT 2 CARS GETTING MATERIALS FROM THE SAME SUPPLIER DOESN'T MEAN THAT THEY HAVE THE SAME OVERALL INTERIOR QUALITY/FIT AND FINISH.

Whatever your problem is it is more severe than tunnel-vision. Cluelessness really.

Furthermore I only used the surveys because you did. To prove to you and debunk you're outdated, uninformed notion about Benzes being broken down by the side of the road.

"Further making headlines was the SL, sharing a win with the Chevrolet Corvette Convertible in the "Convertibles Over $30,000" category with a TQI score of 939 (making it the third highest ranked model on the list)."

http://www.emercedesbenz.com/May08/2...ty_Awards.html

One should pursue whatever vehicle they so choose. I was only defending Corvette from your waywardly charged remarks. These cars are different and just as I (and others here) have said from the start, one can appreciate many makes of cars and there is room for diversity with one's automotive choices

There is absolutely nothing "wayward" about saying the Corvette's build isn't up standards of other similarly (and even cheaper) cars. Look at the latest Z06 comparo in the Aug issue of Car and Driver. They state "an acrid resin odor" when listing the lows of the Z06. Translation, a cheap plastic mess. Oh and it finished last too.

Now let me guess, you're going to say that the ZR-1 will have an upgraded interior? Right? More leather over the plastic isn't an upgrade!

I know you know that for a car like the Corvette (in any trim) to deliver the performance it does for a price something has to give. I know you know this. That "something" is its interior and overall fit and finish. Everyone in the known world knows this. Junky? Not really anymore, I only said that because you seem to think a Benz can't get down the road without breaking down, but the Vette still has subpar build and assembly quality/finish compared to similarly priced and even cheaper cars, which was my point. This is "supported" by any road test you can find about the Corvette. Period.

M

Last edited by Germancar1; 06-26-2008 at 08:52 PM.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:39 PM

2008 BMW 335i Coupe (Six-speed Manual)
My 300E had superior engineering. It shut down on me in the fast lane on a highway. Can't say that about many other cars.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:40 AM

05 E500
Originally Posted by Germancar1
This from a person who takes pride in arguing about a Corvette on a Mercedes-Benz board.
Take pride? My goodness you're out there. Nope. Simply defending against unreasonableness and excessive (and unfair) critiquing.

I didn't respond because I didn't want to read anymore of your clueless drivel, but I was bored so I said what the hell.
So you come in well after the fact on a redundant thread which most want to put to rest and throw more circular arguments long since debated and exhausted because you're bored? As I have mentioned before, you have way too much time on your hands. You have almost 2300 postings since coming here in late '05 and at least twice as many in your own little domain. Its clear about the compulsiveness.

If you're going to sit here and still repeat this nonsense about Benzes being oh so broken down on the side of the ride (which is nonsense) then I'm going to call the Corvette junky.
"Side of the ride"?

I don't even know what you're talking about, sir. Neither do you.

Like they did with you? There was actually a thread started about you to have your sorry self thrown off the board.
Who's "they..."? You mean those atrociously immature kids with their childish antics? Do you wish to stoop even lower and join the ranks of them, too? Those character types get their kicks with silly cartoon graphics and posting pictures of transsexuals and the like. Is THIS the crowd you would desperately look to find leverage from?

Your credibility is further tarnished by even citing such things. Drawing support from these types completely pounds the point home. And the same person that started that petty poll included you when they said we were debating like "12 year old girls," all while their own content was as juvenile as it comes.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....&postcount=176

Now who is looking at who?
If you persist upon this obsessive campaign, it will surely be you.

Gee next time I'll consult my posting, debate and argument handbooks before I post.
Even if such handbooks existed, you would not have the foresight to consult them.

What, like you're supposed to post something and then I'm not supposed to say anything else about it because some time has passed by? Because you say that it isn't "right" to post now I'm not supposed to?
Its all tired old hat now, sir. Most others have long since had their fill here and it is generally agreed that nothing of substance is to be gained now by harping upon the same circular arguments. We've been around the pike so many times now. You're referring to debates a month or so old that have long since been exhausted. If rehashing the redundant is how you relieve "boredom," then this confirms my point with you.

You only post half of the reviews...
I was as extensive as one can get. If anything, I was too thorough.

You're not only a liar, but you're a fraud.
Your civility is so noted. You have little room to be calling the integrity and character of others in question. And you talk about grounds for others being thrown off boards.

Clearly emotional when the facts don't support your weak rhetoric.
The "facts" came to haunt you over and over again. I told you to be careful what you wished for. You got tripped up more than a few times.

One track mind, the problem with GM apologists and excuse makers.
You have an obsession with this "apologists" labeling. Seems to me that you have tapped into aspects of yourself that gnaw on you. And I was simply putting things in perspective and attempting to keep things fair and equitable. I was not alone in this regard. Your fervor took you way outside the realm of reality.

Whatever your problem is it is more severe than tunnel-vision. Cluelessness really.
"Cluelessness"? Is that another makeshift word from your little under-used handbooks? Yet you make comments about the wit of others. That would be you.

To prove to you and debunk you're outdated, uninformed notion about Benzes being broken down by the side of the road.
Any car can break down. Of the emphasis you place on this from me on MB, that is simply untrue. MB is held to a higher standard than GM. No mystery there. You're trying too hard and reaching too far to make your case.

I know you know that for a car like the Corvette (in any trim) to deliver the performance it does for a price something has to give. I know you know this. That "something" is its interior and overall fit and finish. Everyone in the known world knows this.
Precisely. I never dismissed that. In fact, my entire premise was that all this was acceptable all things considered, which it certainly is.

Junky? Not really anymore...
Subtle progress you're making anyway.

I only said that because you seem to think a Benz can't get down the road without breaking down
You're excessively exaggerating things.

the Vette still has subpar build and assembly quality/finish compared to similarly priced and even cheaper cars, which was my point. This is "supported" by any road test you can find about the Corvette. Period.
This is not at all true. So we disagree. We've been here before. Us going round and round and around about it is an exercise in futility to where the end does not justify the means. This is certainly not enhancing the benefit of this thread any further.

Last edited by c2jones; 06-27-2008 at 12:53 AM.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Take pride? My goodness you're out there. Nope. Simply defending against unreasonableness and excessive (and unfair) critiquing..
Nothing unreasonable about anything I've said about the Corvette. Period. Anyone who has driven a good cross section of cars will tell you that the Corvette lacks fit and finish and refinement compared to other sports cars of the same price or even some cheaper ones. This is why the car can outperform those very same cars for a cheaper price. I know you understand this, but no you'll have us believe that the Corvette is made every bit as well as other cars like Porsche. You have the uninformed gall to sit here and suggest that because the Corvette and Bugatti share some things that they are somehow comparable. You also sit here and suggest that because Cadillac used the same supplier as Maybach that they somehow have the same interior quality as Mercedes-Benz. BOTH NOTIONS HAVE BEEN PROVEN FALSE AND NOTHING COULD BE FURTHER FROM THE TRUTH.

So you come in well after the fact on a redundant thread which most want to put to rest and throw more circular arguments long since debated and exhausted because you're bored? As I have mentioned before, you have way too much time on your hands. You have almost 2300 postings since coming here in late '05 and at least twice as many in your own little domain. Its clear about the compulsiveness.
WOW. I have too much time on my hands. I don't even respond to your crap in over a month, YET YOU'VE BEEN HERE EVERY SINGLE DAY ARGUING BACK AND FORTH WITH THE ENTIRE MBWORLD COMMUNITY IN VARIOUS THREADS ABOUT EVERYTHING, YET I HAVE TOO MUCH TIME ON MY HANDS. I CAN'T BE GONE FROM THIS THREAD FOR A MONTH AND THEN RESPOND TO YOU AND STILL HAVE TOO MUCH TIME ON MY HANDS WHEN YOU'VE BEEN HERE, THERE, EVERYWHERE ARGUING WITH EVERYONE ALL THE TIME IN BETWEEN.

AS FAR AS MY POST POST COUNT, ITS CALLED GETTING INFORMATION AND BEING A CAR ENTHUSIASTS, UH...A HOBBY. ARGUING WITH AN ENTIRE COMMUNITY ABOUT THE SAME LAME BS IN EVERY THREAD IS THE SIGN OF A PERSON THAT HAS TOO MUCH TIME ON THEIR HANDS.

"Side of the ride"?
Side of the road, you knew what I meant. Don't try to play dumb.

Who's "they..."? You mean those atrociously immature kids with their childish antics? Do you wish to stoop even lower and join the ranks of them, too? Those character types get their kicks with silly cartoon graphics and posting pictures of transsexuals and the like. Is THIS the crowd you would desperately look to find leverage from?

If you bothered to read through any of my thousands of posts here you'd see that I don't always gleefully get along with everyone here either, but I'm nothing like you. Causing problems on any and every board you visit. You're just ridiculous. I couldn't care less about "them", just pointing out that you're the one with the "problem" so much so that that you've managed to irk an entire community. Period.

Your credibility is further tarnished by even citing such things. Drawing support from these types completely pounds the point home. And the same person that started that petty poll included you when they said we were debating like "12 year old girls," all while their own content was as juvenile as it comes.
Again, see above.

https://mbworld.org/forums/showpost....&postcount=176

If you persist upon this obsessive campaign, it will surely be you.

See what a FRAUD you are? You sit here and tell me how pathetic I am to "draw support" from that crowd, yet you'd link a post that clearly belongs in that same crowd? YOU'RE A FRAUD AND A HYPOCRITE. Yet you keep answering back so tell me, is it the last word syndrome you're suffering from? Uh...YES it is.

Even if such handbooks existed, you would not have the foresight to consult them.
And neither would you.

Its all tired old hat now, sir. Most others have long since had their fill here and it is generally agreed that nothing of substance is to be gained now by harping upon the same circular arguments. We've been around the pike so many times now. You're referring to debates a month or so old that have long since been exhausted. If rehashing the redundant is how you relieve "boredom," then this confirms my point with you.
Then shut up then.;

I was as extensive as one can get. If anything, I was too thorough.
Yeah with a bunch of half-**** quotes and lopsided articles. Yeah you were very thorough in the excuse making department.

Your civility is so noted. You have little room to be calling the integrity and character of others in question. And you talk about grounds for others being thrown off boards.
Only following your example.

The "facts" came to haunt you over and over again. I told you to be careful what you wished for. You got tripped up more than a few times.
YOU ONLY PRESENTED HALF OF THE FACTS!

You have an obsession with this "apologists" labeling. Seems to me that you have tapped into aspects of yourself that gnaw on you. And I was simply putting things in perspective and attempting to keep things fair and equitable. I was not alone in this regard. Your fervor took you way outside the realm of reality.
No what you did was offer one excuse after another, over and over again. Saying that Benzes are break down on the side of the road and how awful their reliability is wasn't even close to being "fair" or accurate at this point. You're using outdated material coupled with your own ignorance to make the most feeble case for a Corvette I've ever seen.

"Cluelessness"? Is that another makeshift word from your little under-used handbooks? Yet you make comments about the wit of others. That would be you.
Yep it is, fits you perfectly.

Any car can break down. Of the emphasis you place on this from me on MB, that is simply untrue. MB is held to a higher standard than GM. No mystery there. You're trying too hard and reaching too far to make your case.
Here it is, the grand excuse. Mercedes-Benz is held to a higher standard? Yep sure is, so this excuses the remining GM clunkers that are built and drive like crap? Thank goodness you don't run Cadillac. I think they want to be held to the same standard as Mercedes-Benz and not spend their time in your excuse skunk works.

Precisely. I never dismissed that. In fact, my entire premise was that all this was acceptable all things considered, which it certainly is.
When you get rid of the "all things considered" excuse you'll be halfway there.

This is not at all true. So we disagree. We've been here before. Us going round and round and around about it is an exercise in futility to where the end does not justify the means. This is certainly not enhancing the benefit of this thread any further

Sound advice from the one who took on the whole board in a never ending tirade against any member who dared to question your postion on the matter. SAY IT WITH ME, HYPOCRITE, HYPOCRITE, HYPOCRITE is exactly what you are. You should have followed this (your own advice) 10 pages again and stopped trying to tell a bunch of Benz owners what a great car a Corvette is. True or not, this wasn't the place for it and then you turn around as say that this is an exercise in futility? PURE FRAUD.

M
Old 06-27-2008, 10:07 AM

05 E500
Originally Posted by Germancar1
Nothing unreasonable about anything I've said about the Corvette. Period. Anyone who has driven a good cross section of cars will tell you that the Corvette lacks fit and finish and refinement compared to other sports cars of the same price or even some cheaper ones.
You have already seen, even in this thread, that your "anyone who has driven a cross section of cars," in which there are plenty here, have in no way concurred with your outlandish (emotionally based and biased) assessments.

You have the uninformed gall to sit here and suggest that because the Corvette and Bugatti share some things that they are somehow comparable. You also sit here and suggest that because Cadillac used the same supplier as Maybach that they somehow have the same interior quality as Mercedes-Benz.
I have never implied any such thing. I was only pointing out that the same vendors are used. You had run amok with all your "plastic everywhere" and I showed that the same supplier placed materials in the same places. Very simple. Your perpetual habit of overreaching reveals desperateness and neediness.

WOW. I have too much time on my hands. I don't even respond to your crap in over a month, YET YOU'VE BEEN HERE EVERY SINGLE DAY ARGUING BACK AND FORTH WITH THE ENTIRE MBWORLD COMMUNITY IN VARIOUS THREADS ABOUT EVERYTHING, YET I HAVE TOO MUCH TIME ON MY HANDS.
Yes. You have too much time on your hands. It shows. You surely need some sleep. I have not posted here in several weeks until my response to you just this week. Check my threads before you further expose your foolishness. I have interaction in very few threads here and have not posted anything anywhere in weeks. You need some sleep, sir.

I CAN'T BE GONE FROM THIS THREAD FOR A MONTH AND THEN RESPOND TO YOU AND STILL HAVE TOO MUCH TIME ON MY HANDS WHEN YOU'VE BEEN HERE, THERE, EVERYWHERE ARGUING WITH EVERYONE ALL THE TIME IN BETWEEN.
All this uppercase stuff gives you away - it clearly shows your emotional element that drives you. Too much pride for your own sanity. I have not been here, there, everywhere, whatsoever, and I am arguing with no one, sir. Just you, here and now.

AS FAR AS MY POST POST COUNT, ITS CALLED GETTING INFORMATION AND BEING A CAR ENTHUSIASTS, UH...A HOBBY.
Yeah, one can tell a lot about a person from the hobbies they choose...

http://www.thewavemag.com/pagegen.ph...rticleid=24184

ARGUING WITH AN ENTIRE COMMUNITY ABOUT THE SAME LAME BS IN EVERY THREAD IS THE SIGN OF A PERSON THAT HAS TOO MUCH TIME ON THEIR HANDS.
But this is not happening, sir. I am not active in any thread accept this one as of a day ago with you! Get a grip. You are slipping in and out of conscious thought processing. You have allegorically contrived episodes of time and events only in your mind. Get some sleep. Honestly. You do the things you state of me and your posting history (here and on your own little private ego-inflating domain) confirms as much. Have you tried Ambien? Really.

If you bothered to read through any of my thousands of posts here you'd see that I don't always gleefully get along with everyone here either, but I'm nothing like you.
I have neither the time nor motivation to read your "thousands" of postings, but I can tell you that I don't need to read them to know you and your kind. I see it very clearly each and every time you utter a sentence.

Causing problems on any and every board you visit. You're just ridiculous.
Can you name a single board to where I have caused a problem, sir? You are truly in another dimension. Tell me; about how old are you? Really. You conduct yourself like a grumpy old man who's mad at the world and rambles off with constant inaccuracies and some mental faculty setbacks coming through. I have sympathy for the latter. But if you're not in this state, then as I said, you really need some sleep.

See what a FRAUD you are? You sit here and tell me how pathetic I am to "draw support" from that crowd, yet you'd link a post that clearly belongs in that same crowd? YOU'RE A FRAUD AND A HYPOCRITE.
Just showing you, sir, the crowd you inadvertently embrace. That does not define hypocrisy of me or anyone. And "that crowd" is the one you desperately clutched onto for your goofy poll comment. Its clear that you are woefully unaware of much of what you say and attach yourself to. Furthermore, your name calling and your emotional writing display here very clearly reveals your desperateness. You stick out like a sore thumb. Sad but true.

Yet you keep answering back so tell me, is it the last word syndrome you're suffering from? Uh...YES it is.
So you're the pot calling the kettle black then.

Only following your example.
You're incapable there.

Saying that Benzes are break down on the side of the road...
Where do you get all this excessive "break down on side of road" stuff? I have owned, still own, and will continue to own MB's. If I could not trust them to get me to my meetings I would not own them. You are reducing things to absurdity in your desperate attempts to contrive points and hope to gather some rallying behind your weakening stance.

and how awful their reliability is wasn't even close to being "fair" or accurate at this point.
The figures with MB reliability are not of my making, sir; they are published everywhere. That should be no secret. Just because you contend that things are bettering with MB (we all sure hope so), that has nothing to say about all the MB's still on the road which do fit into those "dark years" as you readily admit and have made quite the vivid messaging about in these forums. You are distorting the point.

Here it is, the grand excuse. Mercedes-Benz is held to a higher standard? Yep sure is, so this excuses the remining GM clunkers that are built and drive like crap?
You're really losing what was left of your degenerating grip. Let's do this again. One is a luxury car maker and the other has a few luxury cars, but still priced well under comparable MB's. No one mistakes the marque labeling. As far as being built better, this is subjective, even if true. What is clear is that MB certainly ought to be given their pricing and reputation. The "driving like crap" is just more you being you, and that's worsening literally every minute, sadly.

Sound advice from the one who took on the whole board in a never ending tirade against any member who dared to question your postion on the matter.
Not the whole board; only those that stooped to petty antics and resorted to romper room tactics to get around their issues. No different than a scorned child. And to the point, those types were hardly submitting any real substance on any real matter. (I had given you credit for not being like them. Bizarre how you'll clutch onto these character types now to lasso the semblance of leverage; like a drowning person clutching onto anything they can. You've fallen from grace rapidly and its becoming terminal.)

You should have followed this (your own advice) 10 pages again and stopped trying to tell a bunch of Benz owners what a great car a Corvette is. True or not, this wasn't the place for it and then you turn around as say that this is an exercise in futility? PURE FRAUD.
Like I said, you have issues, sir. My record here will clearly show balance and fairness against ridiculous, excessive critiques like yours. Are you saying that one cannot have a favorable thing to say, or a defense about another make in a MB forum? If that's the case (and it isn't), then this forum would not be worth its salt. But you are drastically wrong about your perceptions about what a fair and honest forum should be. No perspective worth having should be unable to stand up to scrutiny. Any thought that is beyond filtering is unworthy of having.

Get some sleep. Do it now. Sincerely. It will help.

Last edited by c2jones; 06-28-2008 at 01:56 AM.
Old 06-30-2008, 09:48 AM

2009 C63
just couldn't resist......
Old 06-30-2008, 10:42 AM

05 E500
Originally Posted by novabenz
just couldn't resist......
Nobody really has an interest in bumping this tired thread to the forefront like you "couldn't resist" doing. You like doing it because these types of trivial things actually entertain (and rank) you, despite you claiming "the end" long ago. Germancar came out from the abyss (a month after the fact) and responded to circular debates that had been exhausted long ago. This serves no merit or purpose. Worse, he then references imaginary outside threads and discussions to the point of absurdity. The premise topic has run its course. The intelligible element has vacated long ago.

There is nothing useful (or new) for this forum to benefit from here.

We should let this rest.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:16 AM

'17 CLS550
I've waded through a bunch of this thread and really don't have a horse in this race but I was wondering if anybody has mentioned whether they think the ZR1 will have that god awful "marbles in a can" coming from the transmission that ALL Z06's have/had.....and yes, I owned an '07 Z06 for 5 months and the noise coming from that thing at less than 2,500 rpms drove me insane. While it was the most fun car I have ever driven (STRICTLY from a performance standpoint), I'd never own another one. Having owned countless BMWs, a CaymanS, a 996TT --- I just got so accustomed to German engineering that its extremely difficult to break from it.

I do agree that the C6 version of the Vettes is worlds better than the prior years. It is, however, still very cheaply made. A simple test is to just open and close the glovebox......it sounds, looks and feels cheap and flimsy.

If I had my choice between the two, I'm taking the Benz....but it would be a year old and I'd save a crapload of money.

If 50% or more of its time would be spent on the track, then its a no brainer ---ZR1 without question.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:48 PM

SL65, 427 COBRA (CSX-3127)73 911S, 246GTS (DINO SPYDER), CORNICHE,1962 PORSCHE TWIN GRILLE ROADSTER+
SITTING IN MY GARAGES IS A SL65, ROLLS ,5-PORSCHE, FERRARI, 4 -MBs etc!

Having actually owned, driven and raced almost every type of high performance car (except a Vette) I have a little bit of a different perspective from actual experiance.

Every car is totally different and I am ALWAYS AMAZED how some people will assume and insist that they have actual knowledge about a specific car from only reading about it.

I am a huge Porsche fan/collector. In 1978 I was asked at an F-1 race "What do ALL Porsche owners have in common?" ... I replied I dont know...

Answer....
" They all want a FERRAR!!"
I admited that I could relate and soon after bought a Ferrari.

My Ferrari Dino Spyder has they worst quality leather interior that I have ever seen!..... BUT it is one of the best handling most beautiful cars ever built! The fit and finish is typical hand made Italian quality!

Is a vintage Ferrari a POS based upon the build quality compared to a vintage Porsche or MB? According to some YES!

But based upon the rest of the worlds view and the actual values of Ferraris there is a very very strong argument to the contrary....

To the person that refers to the ZR1 Vette as a "PLASTIC POS" I totally DISAGREE!

The Vette is American and is different plus composite plastics are cutting edge NOT *****. The new VIPER is also PLASTIC and is one of the absolute fastest cars (street or race) ever driven around the track at Willow Springs!

I owned and raced a Viper and will own another soon and can tell you that they an absolute BLAST to drive! I actually thought that DODGE had done a great job in both fit and finish even compared to a new MB!... The paint on the PLASTIC Viper was amazing!... Is the Viper better then my SL65? YES! In certain instances but I would rather drive the SL65 on a daily basis.

Again I have never owned a Vette but I have owned many American Muscle cars(427 Cobra, 454 Chevelle, Cuda etc) and also Euro muscle cars (300SEL 6.3, 6.9, SL55,SL65 , 365GTB4 Daytona etc) and it is like trying to compare and apple to an orange! The apple is crunchy but the orange will not bruise...
Which is better? Neither they are both AMAZING!

Last edited by EXECMALIBU; 07-21-2008 at 01:03 PM.
Old 07-22-2008, 05:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You have already seen, even in this thread, that your "anyone who has driven a cross section of cars," in which there are plenty here, have in no way concurred with your outlandish (emotionally based and biased) assessments.
And this means what? Nothing. The automotive press, you know people who have been reviewing cars for years and years, have said the same things I've said here. See the latest issue of Automobile Magazine. They say the same thing, what a junk-****, ill-fitting interior the Corvette has. Again and again, more and more sources say the same thing, yet you keep your head in the sand thinking that a Vette has the same quality interior as many cheaper cars when it doesn't and it surely doesn't have the interior of a car that ranges anywhere from 55-100K. Period.

I have never implied any such thing. I was only pointing out that the same vendors are used. You had run amok with all your "plastic everywhere" and I showed that the same supplier placed materials in the same places. Very simple. Your perpetual habit of overreaching reveals desperateness and neediness.
THERE WAS NO POINT TO BEGIN WITH. SAME VENDORS DO NOT MEAN SAME QUALITY. PERIOD. GET OVER IT.

Your problem is that you don't know what quality is in the first place. You can't take a cheapo car interior and wrap it in leather and then say its quality. Didn't you learn anything from the Motor Trend article on the STS-V that you half-**** quoted?

Now you're down to saying "same supplier placed materials in the same places" which means squat. Oh you GM people, excuse makers I feel sorry for you actually. An interior on a 55-100K automobile has to impress on the whole and in the details, not just certain pieces. High quality leather and POS plastics and/of vice versa do not a great or even good interior make.

Yes. You have too much time on your hands. It shows. You surely need some sleep. I have not posted here in several weeks until my response to you just this week. Check my threads before you further expose your foolishness. I have interaction in very few threads here and have not posted anything anywhere in weeks. You need some sleep, sir.
This from a person who types the Gettysburg address to anyone that dares dispute your meaningless, mindless drivel. Very rich.

All this uppercase stuff gives you away - it clearly shows your emotional element that drives you. Too much pride for your own sanity. I have not been here, there, everywhere, whatsoever, and I am arguing with no one, sir. Just you, here and now.
And your sheer ignorance gives you away. Repeating the same things over and over, only posting half of the quotes in question, and so on....again it calls you to be what you are...a fraud.

But this is not happening, sir. I am not active in any thread accept this one as of a day ago with you! Get a grip. You are slipping in and out of conscious thought processing. You have allegorically contrived episodes of time and events only in your mind. Get some sleep. Honestly. You do the things you state of me and your posting history (here and on your own little private ego-inflating domain) confirms as much. Have you tried Ambien? Really.
And I can see why, the other members have probably run you out of the other threads. All of this from a person who single handedly got a thread started about them on the subject of banning them. You, not me. Have you tried getting a life or a clue?

I have neither the time nor motivation to read your "thousands" of postings, but I can tell you that I don't need to read them to know you and your kind. I see it very clearly each and every time you utter a sentence.
Coulda fooled me. Seems to me you have plenty of time to make a fool out of yourself and alienate the entire MBWorld community.

Can you name a single board to where I have caused a problem, sir? You are truly in another dimension. Tell me; about how old are you? Really. You conduct yourself like a grumpy old man who's mad at the world and rambles off with constant inaccuracies and some mental faculty setbacks coming through. I have sympathy for the latter. But if you're not in this state, then as I said, you really need some sleep.
Either your just blind on plain stupid. You know full well you've been a nusiance and a pest on more than just the SL board. Again, what is it that you need? It isn't sleep, that would only compound your problem.

Just showing you, sir, the crowd you inadvertently embrace. That does not define hypocrisy of me or anyone. And "that crowd" is the one you desperately clutched onto for your goofy poll comment. Its clear that you are woefully unaware of much of what you say and attach yourself to. Furthermore, your name calling and your emotional writing display here very clearly reveals your desperateness. You stick out like a sore thumb. Sad but true.
You're the one that brought up this nonsense, and I just showed you how you're thought of here. Nothing more. I couldn't care less about a poll. I haven't "attached" myself to any poll or anyone. Again, you don't know what the hell you're talking about. Desperate is posting half of the article on the very subject you're getting raked over the coals about. Desperate is coming back to say you have neither the time or energy to continue something that is beneath you, yet you continue to do just that over and over, (continue) with...all the while with no facts, plenty of insults and other irrelevant ramblings. Sounds desperate to me.

So you're the pot calling the kettle black then.
No I'm calling you a clueless fraud.

Where do you get all this excessive "break down on side of road" stuff? I have owned, still own, and will continue to own MB's. If I could not trust them to get me to my meetings I would not own them. You are reducing things to absurdity in your desperate attempts to contrive points and hope to gather some rallying behind your weakening stance.
Did you or did you not go on and on about MB's reliability and how awful they were? Again, if you say you didn't you're a liar plain and simple. The implication was that a Mercedes is a such terminal breakdone prone car. Newsflash, you never had a "stance" to begin with.

The figures with MB reliability are not of my making, sir; they are published everywhere. That should be no secret. Just because you contend that things are bettering with MB (we all sure hope so), that has nothing to say about all the MB's still on the road which do fit into those "dark years" as you readily admit and have made quite the vivid messaging about in these forums. You are distorting the point.

Likewise the 08' Corvette's interior options have nothing to do with the POS C4 and C5 and early C6 Corvettes on the road with their cracked up bodies, ****-poor interiors and ragged-ann construction. Just like the reliability figures are there so are the reviews about the Corvette and its junky construction inside and out until just recently. A Corvette from more than 2-3 years ago is a POS. Period. Fast, pretty piece of junk. GM's cars didn't more crappy for the money.

You're really losing what was left of your degenerating grip. Let's do this again. One is a luxury car maker and the other has a few luxury cars, but still priced well under comparable MB's. No one mistakes the marque labeling. As far as being built better, this is subjective, even if true. What is clear is that MB certainly ought to be given their pricing and reputation. The "driving like crap" is just more you being you, and that's worsening literally every minute, sadly.
Again, more of the same. All the insults and diversions you can come up with, yet in the end you say nothing. What is clear is that a 100K should have a build and interior to match it. It shouldn't be outclassed by a 40K CTS. That much is also clear.

Not the whole board; only those that stooped to petty antics and resorted to romper room tactics to get around their issues. No different than a scorned child. And to the point, those types were hardly submitting any real substance on any real matter. (I had given you credit for not being like them. Bizarre how you'll clutch onto these character types now to lasso the semblance of leverage; like a drowning person clutching onto anything they can. You've fallen from grace rapidly and its becoming terminal.)
Oh god man please. I couldn't care less about anyone on this board. Secondly, I posted the facts...all of them...something you intentionally failed to do because the entire MT article didn't support your lame position.

Like I said, you have issues, sir. My record here will clearly show balance and fairness against ridiculous, excessive critiques like yours. Are you saying that one cannot have a favorable thing to say, or a defense about another make in a MB forum? If that's the case (and it isn't), then this forum would not be worth its salt. But you are drastically wrong about your perceptions about what a fair and honest forum should be. No perspective worth having should be unable to stand up to scrutiny. Any thought that is beyond filtering is unworthy of having.
Likewise you have many more of your own. You're a first class fraud and excuse maker and even a liar. Your record here shows that you'll make an excuse faster than any other GM apologist I've ever seen and that you're manipulate articles to back up your lame rhetoric.

Now that I've managed to read through and answer your chest thumping session, seriously:

The bottom line is that for a car like a Corvette to deliver its level of performance for its asking price something has to give and that has always been and continues to be its interior build quality, fit and finish compared to other similarly priced (and even many cheaper ones), but not as well performing cars. Period. Just as recently as the August issue of Automobile Magazine points this out (again) as many have done so for the last 20+ years. You can't even admit this, basic, 101 car knowledge to everyone in the known world who knows anything about cars...yet I have the problem according to you. Pluuhlease. I clearly admitted that Mercedes-Benz has had a problem with reliability and that those cars built during those years will continue to be a problem for them in long range dependability surveys. This part you had no problem agreeing with. Yet when I pointed to the same well of surveys that you used to smear Mercedes-Benz to point out that they've improved you keep repeating the same old thing about cars already on the road. Yet you don't mention anything about the junk Corvette of the just as recent past and you say nothing about the current Corvette still suffering from this problem (much less so than before, but still) that are being sold right now. Hypocritical. Period.

Oh I forgot , you now have the option of paying 8K more to get everything wrapped in leather to hide the cheap stuff underneath now. Now that is progress....to a GM apologist that is.

M
Old 07-22-2008, 09:37 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CLS63, GLK350
I think of vettes as boy racer cars. Mercedes as quality hightech euro cars, like BMW. It might be that GM makes so much trash that it effects the image of the vette? I just would not buy one, but if others like them then its their $$. What would be nice is to have some real engineering information with comparisons. Just the engine that is still being used in the vette is still OHV
Old 07-22-2008, 12:02 PM

2009 C63
again - this is too good to let die........