SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Looking For Clean 05 Sl 55amg ???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 12:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SL 55 AMG
Looking For Clean 04/05 Sl 55amg ???

I wont pay more then 45 thousand dollars the car cant have more then 40,000miles ... looking for a fullyloaded . clean title no LEMMON with problems .

WHITE ON BLACK or RED
BLACK ON BLACK or RED
SILVER ON BLACK or RED
RED on BLACK or RED
BLUE on BLACK

if the car is modded with wheels etc... thats ok with me ... it will be modded in the end so bonus for me if its already have any xtras .

if any of u guys can help me find a great deal ide appreciate it. Oh!! also the closer it is to Toronto Canada the better .

I notice a big price drop over the month already and i dont know if the car will keep dropping when the new SL63 comes out . but if ur looking to sell ur 05 . let me know im a serious buyer with cash in my hand.

THANK YOU!

GEORGE K

Last edited by G_KATS; 04-03-2008 at 01:06 PM.
Old 04-03-2008, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by G_KATS
I wont pay more then 45 thousand dollars the car cant have more then 40,000miles ... looking for a fullyloaded . clean title no LEMMON with problems .

WHITE ON BLACK or RED
BLACK ON BLACK or RED
SILVER ON BLACK or RED
RED on BLACK or RED
BLUE on BLACK

if the car is modded with wheels etc... thats ok with me ... it will be modded in the end so bonus for me if its already have any xtras .

if any of u guys can help me find a great deal ide appreciate it. Oh!! also the closer it is to Toronto Canada the better .

I notice a big price drop over the month already and i dont know if the car will keep dropping when the new SL63 comes out . but if ur looking to sell ur 05 . let me know im a serious buyer with cash in my hand.

THANK YOU!

GEORGE K
It will definitely be impossible to find a 2005 for $45,000, you are pretty much limited to 2004 in that price range and as far as mileage, you'll be looking at around 40-45k miles. Here is a 2004 with 43k miles for $47,000

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...0&cardist=2520

Just do a search on autotrader, cars.com, and ebay. Most of the SL55's that are available at any given time will be on either of these 3 websites.
Old 04-03-2008, 03:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser

WHITE ON BLACK or RED
BLACK ON BLACK or RED
SILVER ON BLACK or RED
RED on BLACK or RED
BLUE on BLACK

THANK YOU!

GEORGE K
I normally post constructively but can only say in this instance- Oh god you're avatar is so ghey.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:15 PM

SL 55 AMG
honestly dont post BS ......be mature man
Old 04-03-2008, 07:09 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1999 C280 Previous / 2008 E350
Its going to be difficult finding an SL55 for under $45K. I'm sure the 04' models maybe in that range depending on the mileage. I'd keep searching

good luck
Old 04-03-2008, 07:55 PM
Banned

2005 SL55, 2000 CL500
Your bottom fishing. Be Careful. Without warranty this car has the potential to do serious damage to your wallet. Your better off spending more and finding a CPO car that is at least an 05 that has plenty of warranty and will have the low miles you are looking for. More like in the Mid/High 50`s if you
good at shopping and patient. You may find a P/P in distress for your cash.

The old saying "you can pay me now or you can pay me later" really applies here with this type of car. Warranty is a must have. Especially for the earlier models. 03, 04.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'14 ML BT
Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
I normally post constructively but can only say in this instance- Oh god you're avatar is so ghey.
Carl, may I help your spelling?

In this case, avatar is spelled G-A-Y.

Nothing personal G-KATS, but c'mon.

Last edited by DFW01E55; 04-03-2008 at 08:37 PM.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 SL65 AMG, 1971 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 Daytona

WHITE ON BLACK or RED
BLACK ON BLACK or RED
SILVER ON BLACK or RED
RED on BLACK or RED
BLUE on BLACK

THANK YOU!

GEORGE K
Your avatar is retarded! BTW, you will never find and 05' with the mileage you are looking for, but good luck.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts
E 63S Wagon Renntech, E55 Renntech, SL65, SL 55 030, ML, bunch of old ones--they come, they go...
Never say never, but I don't...

think you can even buy a righteous 05 SL500 for thsoe dollars. (I know, you're going to show me one on Autotrader that fits the bill.) Good luck. These ain't the cars you want to buy the cheapest. You can buy a mraginal 03 SL55 for that money, but it ain't gonnna be the sweetest. And issues, 03's have issues....In any event, knock yourself out. Tough one.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Lotus Elise SLK55
Chill out guys, although the avatar does appear to be somewhat "suspect" at first glance, he actually has a good explanation for the avatar:

As for my picture . its me on the left and 2 of my boyz .... we took the pic after our tourney . I fight mauy thai and theres nothing wrong with the pic . ur looking @ future fighters my friends
Old 04-03-2008, 10:00 PM

No longer car shopping...
I do know of a 2003 SL55 for $44K with 57K miles on it that looks pretty decent but an '05 55 that is not a salvage...no WAY!

As far as the avatar goes... do yourself a favor by simply placing some text under there with the UFC description"

Last edited by ndabunka; 04-03-2008 at 10:03 PM.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:15 PM

'09 E93 335i
Ya...and I want an ocean front house in Salt Creek for $150,000.

Good luck! You might find a salvage title for that price...
Old 04-04-2008, 01:31 PM

SL 55 AMG
so far so good! Ive notice the price dropping... the 05 is getting lower.... in december i used to negotiate with the 05z and they wouldnt even budge . NOW! they start to go lower ...

if i go with the 03 04 ...... it will have to have LOW KM and be pretty much fully loaded .... maybe even a renntech upgrade . get all the goodies .

As for warranty ..... im pretty sure i can get one down here ... if the car has low km , i should be fine with getting a good bumper to bumper .

guys enough with my pic ... how old are u guys? , geeez!
Old 04-04-2008, 01:53 PM
Banned

2005 SL55, 2000 CL500
Getting a extended warranty on an older SL55 can be difficult. Do your homework. Beware of the scam where you pay for a warrranty that no Benz Dealer will honor. On a 03 or 04 you are looking at $ 4-5K+ for a limited time warranty thats real. As far as a car that has been modified you have almost ZERO chance of getting something with a warranty.

Your "pretty sure" you can get a warranty. That little word could cost you THOUSANDS if your wrong and get a low priced car with issues. I would also suggest getting the Vehicle History Report and see what service the car has been through. Anything with multiple electronics or suspension issues are a big RED FLAG. I admire you wanting to look at price only. But that is not the way to buy one of these cars. The lowest priced cars are priced that way for a reason. And usually its not the car you want.
Old 04-04-2008, 02:56 PM

SL 55 AMG
oh believe me ..... i wont buy a car without carfax records plus ide have an automechanic look/drive the car and so far the ones ive seen have no problems with electrical (y)

i know wat too look out for, plus i know these cars pretty good . As for the warranty .... i can get a pretty good one down here . even though my own uncle is a automechanic and does all our family cars .... he said it wont be a problem for him to help me out if there was any issues . he only deals with BENZ/ BMW / FERRARI ... hes pretty much a highend tech guy . so thats good.

the worst thing that can happen to me is buying the PARTS . labour isnt an issue for me .

the only reason i would like the 05 . it looks abit more updated. plus any newer is always better .

anyways .... this feels like an open book test so thanks for all the feedback and tips to look out for .

like i said b4... if u guys know anyone trying to sell there 55amg for 45 or under with good Milage fully loaded and only black or red interior. let me know ASAP

thanks PPL

Last edited by G_KATS; 04-04-2008 at 03:00 PM.
Old 04-04-2008, 03:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ML550
guys enough with my pic ... how old are u guys? , geeez!
I saw the pic and could tell right away you're a candidate for a SL Good luck finding the right one for you.
Old 04-04-2008, 07:52 PM

oh believe me ..... i wont buy a car without carfax records plus ide have an automechanic look/drive the car and so far the ones ive seen have no problems with electrical (y)

i know wat too look out for, plus i know these cars pretty good . As for the warranty .... i can get a pretty good one down here . even though my own uncle is a automechanic and does all our family cars .... he said it wont be a problem for him to help me out if there was any issues . he only deals with BENZ/ BMW / FERRARI ... hes pretty much a highend tech guy . so thats good.

the worst thing that can happen to me is buying the PARTS . labour isnt an issue for me .

the only reason i would like the 05 . it looks abit more updated. plus any newer is always better .

anyways .... this feels like an open book test so thanks for all the feedback and tips to look out for .

like i said b4... if u guys know anyone trying to sell there 55amg for 45 or under with good Milage fully loaded and only black or red interior. let me know ASAP

thanks PPL
One thing that is a "bit" irritating is that you keep saying "down here" yet you are in Ontario? To 95% of the people on this board you are "up there" (i.e. in Canada), not "down here". The only ones who can "get away" with the term "down here" all live in Australia... There is an EXCELLENT 2005 SL55 WITH Kleeman (i.e all the goodies) already available in this forum. The guy is asking $65K and while that may be a "little" but high, it's pretty well within range. So, if you are truly interested AND not just blowing smoke up the skirts of the guys on here, why don't you and he simply get together and see what you can work out. This Staunch "I won't pay more than X" won't get you a car...

PS - In case you haven't already figured it out...A clean CarFAX don't mean Squat! MANY, many people with these cars simply take them to their local guy and say "just fix it so that I can dump it to some sucker". There's NEVER a CarFAX. You WILL need your mechanic friend but even that failed for one guy on here recently...Buyer beware

Last edited by ndabunka; 04-04-2008 at 07:54 PM.
Old 04-05-2008, 12:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
Just like with Ferrari buyers, I tell them the same thing....... "There's no such thing as a cheap Ferrari".

The same goes here. If the car is extremely cheap. There is probably a reason. Buy the best car that you can afford. You can buy a stand up car now and enjoy it. Or get a cheap car that may be a nightmare, that will end up costing more in the long run.... and in the end you have a car that has cost the same (or more), and it still will stories.
Old 04-05-2008, 02:14 AM

SL 55 AMG
65 k is out of my range .... if this guy wants to go 45k . tell him to message me and send me some photos and if its a go . ill send my and higher a carfax tech guy to come look @ the car . if he ses its all good.. then hes 45K richer.

let me know . thanks !

ps when i say DOWN HERE it shouldnt bother u . I use that term all the time . ok ok !! I flunked geography lol
Old 04-05-2008, 07:10 AM
Banned

2005 SL55, 2000 CL500
I have watched many people shop for and own these cars. Your setting yourself up for a big dissapointment buying on "price" only. And your mechanic better have some serious Benz/AMG repair experience if your just going to "Bottom Feed" for a car without warranty.

Penny wise can be pound foolish when AMG shopping.
Old 04-05-2008, 08:28 AM

65 k is out of my range .... if this guy wants to go 45k . tell him to message me and send me some photos and if its a go . ill send my and higher a carfax tech guy to come look @ the car . if he ses its all good.. then hes 45K richer.

let me know . thanks !

ps when i say DOWN HERE it shouldnt bother u . I use that term all the time . ok ok !! I flunked geography lol
You know, some people just won't EVER "get it". You appear to be one of them. Just because YOU use it all the time doesn't make it "reasonable". If you do keep "using it because it's convenient for yourself" then your just continuing to demonstrate a lack of concern for others (i.e. selfishness). However, that DOES now appear to be more and more the case as your also not being reasonable on the cost of these cars (your statement's like 'if the seller's won't meet MY needs then I won't do business with them'....trust me, they don't give a flying rats-asmuch if you do business with them if your trying to get it for free...that's simply not reasonable). It's like saying "Sure, I'll pay you $20 for a $50 bill and if you don't like it, tough!" Do you REALLY think there are ANY idiots out there THAT dumb? For the $5K price tag in TODAY's market, you are going to have to go wholesale and the NEWEST you could get would be a 2004 (with NO options) or a salvage title. Sorry, but the more and more post I read, the more and more you sound like a 16 year old boy who dreams of being a prize fighter and trolls this board simply TRYING to irritate people. I for one, am done with ANY more replies to ANY of your posts. I've met a Muay Thai fighter or two before and not one of them portray ANY of the characteristics you have displayed on this site. Have a good life...

Let's look at a few FACTS...
Your "occupation" is CEO (yet you say your a fighter)
Your car is a "TAXI" (This is probably true)
You say your an up and coming fighter but you can only afford $45K
You say the details of the car don't really matter, "it just has to make YOU look good" and then you say it can ONLY be a certain color (I see you've now expanded that a small bit)...
Hmmmm, TROLL alert!

Last edited by ndabunka; 04-05-2008 at 08:35 AM.
Old 04-05-2008, 08:59 AM
CY
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL/M6
Give it a few months and maybe youll be able to attain the 05 SL55 for $45k....right now its posssible maybe at auction in some random state.
Old 04-05-2008, 11:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts
M6 Gran Coupe
You know, some people just won't EVER "get it". You appear to be one of them. Just because YOU use it all the time doesn't make it "reasonable". If you do keep "using it because it's convenient for yourself" then your just continuing to demonstrate a lack of concern for others (i.e. selfishness). However, that DOES now appear to be more and more the case as your also not being reasonable on the cost of these cars (your statement's like 'if the seller's won't meet MY needs then I won't do business with them'....trust me, they don't give a flying rats-asmuch if you do business with them if your trying to get it for free...that's simply not reasonable). It's like saying "Sure, I'll pay you $20 for a $50 bill and if you don't like it, tough!" Do you REALLY think there are ANY idiots out there THAT dumb? For the $5K price tag in TODAY's market, you are going to have to go wholesale and the NEWEST you could get would be a 2004 (with NO options) or a salvage title. Sorry, but the more and more post I read, the more and more you sound like a 16 year old boy who dreams of being a prize fighter and trolls this board simply TRYING to irritate people. I for one, am done with ANY more replies to ANY of your posts. I've met a Muay Thai fighter or two before and not one of them portray ANY of the characteristics you have displayed on this site. Have a good life...

Let's look at a few FACTS...
Your "occupation" is CEO (yet you say your a fighter)
Your car is a "TAXI" (This is probably true)
You say your an up and coming fighter but you can only afford $45K
You say the details of the car don't really matter, "it just has to make YOU look good" and then you say it can ONLY be a certain color (I see you've now expanded that a small bit)...
Hmmmm, TROLL alert!
God, quit *****ing. I don't think the guy mentioned one thing about his avatar and then everyone starts in on him. "Irritating people" is when you make a 500-word post on something like that or that you are annoyed that he says "down here."

SL55's can easily be had for $45k now. Simple as that. They have depreciated like crazy.....they are an old model now and the economy sucks. Not many people looking to pay $65k for a 4-year old car REGARDLESS of the price tag MSRP. Need proof? Go look at the CL board where there is a CL65 for $55k.

Yeah....they are plenty of people out there who will and have taken $20 for a $50 because they were driving cars they couldn't afford in the first place (half the people on this board) and now are screwed due to the economy and need money because they are high in debt.

Last edited by mjr24; 04-05-2008 at 11:37 AM.
Old 04-05-2008, 11:47 AM

Nothing
Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
LOL
Old 04-05-2008, 01:53 PM

SL 55 AMG
Im here looking for a clean title , yet so many ppl wanna know my life ? like common ppl ...

because im trying to find a good deal its bothering ppl ???? its not like im saying OH!!! CAN I GET A LAMBO FOR 45K ...... please enough with this NEGATIVE replys . talk about the car/price/deals .

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Looking For Clean 05 Sl 55amg ???