SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Dealer wants $3k to install working phone in my 2005 SL600!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 08:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Dealer wants $3k to install working phone in my 2005 SL600!!

What the He**? I went thru this with my old S430!! I'm not paying $3k again, what phone system are you guys running in your SL's??

I deff want Bluetooth option, and want all the regular steering wheels cntrls to work, is there another option besides dealer scam? thanks in advance..
Old 08-07-2008, 08:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Originally Posted by Thericker
What the He**? I went thru this with my old S430!! I'm not paying $3k again, what phone system are you guys running in your SL's??

I deff want Bluetooth option, and want all the regular steering wheels cntrls to work, is there another option besides dealer scam? thanks in advance..
I'd just go Bluetooth headset, though when it blinks blue it's hard not to laugh at thew wearer as it does look rather odd. If they retro fit car interior is going to be torn apart.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Here is the wireless4mb.com site for your car.

http://wireless4mb.com/page18/page18.html

Says you just need the bluetooth puck if you are pre-wired for the phone. I assume a 600 has the pre-wiring for bluetooth. I have an 04 and I just had to buy a 300 buck part to get bluetooth.

If you have a phone kit pre-installed it should not be complicated but if you dont, you will have to go get all the phone PSE modules installed in between the seats and that will not be cheap.

Good luck.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:14 PM
Banned

2005 SL55, 2000 CL500

Thericker.
Which dealer attempted this blatent attempt at theft ? PM Me I am curious.
It should be the cost of the Puck and the time to enable your car that is wired already. More like around $ 1300.00 would be correct.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
Originally Posted by bltserv
Thericker.
Which dealer attempted this blatent attempt at theft ? PM Me I am curious.
It should be the cost of the Puck and the time to enable your car that is wired already. More like around $ 1300.00 would be correct.
It all depends. If the car has the PSE for the phone installed ie if he has a phone kit now that is NOT bluetooth ready he only needs the bluetooth module. If he has the pre-wring for the system but to existing phone he needs to go through getting all the PSE modules and that will be 3k with labor. I honestly have no idea about 2005 SL600's and what they have equipment wise so it oculd go either way.

If it is the car has the phone system already its a no brainer and its 300 bucks at cost for the parts and the installation takes 25 seconds in your driveway.
Old 08-08-2008, 02:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SL55AMG, Ferrari 348, Ferrari Testarossa, Ferrari F40, Ferrari Mondial t, Ducati 916, Indycar
I must be old fashion. I stick the phone in the ash tray and use a blue tooth headset. It seems to work unless I am in a high 'G' corner and the phone goes flying!
Old 08-08-2008, 04:03 PM

2005 E55, 2004 E55(sold), 2001 Viper GTS, 2006 Viper VOI9, 1994 ZR-1 Corvette 2009 Viper ACR,
they dont call them "stealers" for no reason
Old 08-08-2008, 04:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by CynCarvin32
It all depends. If the car has the PSE for the phone installed ie if he has a phone kit now that is NOT bluetooth ready he only needs the bluetooth module. If he has the pre-wring for the system but to existing phone he needs to go through getting all the PSE modules and that will be 3k with labor. I honestly have no idea about 2005 SL600's and what they have equipment wise so it oculd go either way.

If it is the car has the phone system already its a no brainer and its 300 bucks at cost for the parts and the installation takes 25 seconds in your driveway.
Thanx for all the replies guys! Yes my 05' is pre-wired has all the phn cntrls on steering whl and in Navi, also has a puc in center console, it didn't come w/phn though, so NO the stealer doesn't have to add PSE, etc, they did that to my S430, and it all failed 1.5 yrs after install they said it was something in the fiber optic wiring BS...

Also I did some more research my 05' is equiped w/M.O.S.T Cyncarvin, do you have the part # of the Bluetooth module? thank you....
Old 08-08-2008, 06:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes Benz
Thanx for all the replies guys! Yes my 05' is pre-wired has all the phn cntrls on steering whl and in Navi, also has a puc in center console, it didn't come w/phn though, so NO the stealer doesn't have to add PSE, etc, they did that to my S430, and it all failed 1.5 yrs after install they said it was something in the fiber optic wiring BS...

Also I did some more research my 05' is equiped w/M.O.S.T Cyncarvin, do you have the part # of the Bluetooth module? thank you....
Ricker,

This gets a tad tricky since as I understand this having the buttons and pre-wiring for the system does not mean the PSE module from motorola is installed. It means the the car is ready for that part to be installed IF the car had it ordered from the factory (which is port installed) or if the last owner had the phone kit out in. I know that more lowly MB's for that year did not have the PSE unless it was ordered but I also know 600's have more standard equipment than other cars.

I have a sneaking suspicion that you dont have the PSE and other control modules needed for the phone system unless it was ordered. I think you should get a VMI pulled and go talk to the service department at an honest dealership.

I know for my E55 and SL55 and all ohter cars I had the PSE units but that was because I ordered the phone system. I also helped a friend with a CLK55 2005 and he made sure to spec a car that had the phone system instaled and then chose his cradle option.

I am not the end all here since this phone bs change every year like clock work. Good luck. IF it does have all you need the part number is available on the wireless4mb.com website under connection options. You can have either the standard puck or the hybrid version that can dock a motorola razor phone. That version works well just because it allows you to have a razor phone plugged in (charging) and it uses the cars external 3 watt boosted antenna instead of the antenna in your phone. It also will accept all bluetooth phones just like the standard puck.

Last edited by CynCarvin32; 08-08-2008 at 06:46 PM.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Thanks for all the info bro! I deff think is has the PSE & is pre-wired it has a phone cradle too, just no phn. I'll chk further into it, I really apreciate all the help
Old 08-10-2008, 06:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63S coupe, X5M
it has a phone cradle too, just no phn. I'll chk further into it, I really apreciate all the help
If you have the cradle, all you need is the puck and that costs around $300-400.