SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Angry SL (Updated exhaust)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 12:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Sl55 Amg
oh man
you have a Turkish carpet on your garage floor
thats wierd man
what do you do when your wheels r covered with mud by any chance??
Old 02-28-2009, 12:24 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL600
Originally Posted by dietpepsi
oh man
you have a Turkish carpet on your garage floor
thats wierd man
what do you do when your wheels r covered with mud by any chance??
The rug was a gift. I figured I either A) throw it away, or B) use it for the garage. Helps keep my feet from freezing at night.

And if they happen to be covered with mud, then oh well. I don't much care for the carpet, thought that much was obvious since it is in the garage.
Old 02-28-2009, 01:15 AM

AMG
well from the table and chairs I thought it was your office haha. nice set up though
Old 02-28-2009, 01:40 AM
Banned

SL600
Originally Posted by sikhkd
well from the table and chairs I thought it was your office haha. nice set up though
DAMN YOU GOT A SICK INTERIOR ON THAT 55!

Just checked your link, wish mine was like that. Very nice man.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:34 AM

AMG
thanks man, it took me a while finding it.. actually had it shipped from arizona
Old 02-28-2009, 07:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
SL 63 W/B AMG , S600,C220
Originally Posted by Akademiks
YESSSS! So it's possible, damn the turbo lag, how's it done
Why don''t you listen to members who have far greater knowledge.
Do you want noise or power, if you just want noise buy something cheap and throw away the exhaust.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:10 AM

2006 Sl55 Amg
The rug was a gift. I figured I either A) throw it away, or B) use it for the garage. Helps keep my feet from freezing at night.

And if they happen to be covered with mud, then oh well. I don't much care for the carpet, thought that much was obvious since it is in the garage.
then you are not seeing that friend anymore
what would he think if he saw it in ur garage
Old 02-28-2009, 08:53 AM

civic
Good Job! Congrats!!
Old 02-28-2009, 12:49 PM
Banned

SL600
Originally Posted by sound 8
Why don''t you listen to members who have far greater knowledge.
Do you want noise or power, if you just want noise buy something cheap and throw away the exhaust.
Wow. Somethings got to be in the air. Jesus Christ you would swear I'm asking for the square root of pi with this question. Can you guys really just not read? I do not care about turbo lag and I want the "noise" at idle.

Yes, I realize the wastegates bypass the turbos. I do not need a lecture. What makes you think the next guy knows far more then me? Because I asked how to trick the computer into keeping the wastegates open permanently at idle I may not be an expert, but this wastegate open = no turbo concept I happen to understand.

Allow me for the next post:

"Dude, why don't you listen to that guy. You might as well be running with no turbos don't you get it? Your going to get turbo-lag."
Old 02-28-2009, 12:50 PM
Banned

SL600
Originally Posted by dietpepsi
then you are not seeing that friend anymore
what would he think if he saw it in ur garage
No, he happens to be a good friend and we see each other frequently. He actually thinks its ridiculous to put a rug under my car, but agrees it keeps the place a little warmer
Old 02-28-2009, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

20+ to list......
If you keep the wastegates opened for whatever reason you are looking for, the turbos are not going to spool, and your SL would drive like a Camry. If you want to get the idling RPM @ 1200 all the time, you will get a check engine light because the ECU thinks you have a vacuum leak.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:48 PM
Banned

SL600
I give up.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Ricker, I'm so lost.

Why are you going back and repeating yourself with the turbo-lag problem. This I understand. I never asked what would happen if you kept the wastegates open at idle only

Mabe you had a late night but I never once brought up ramifications of any sort, I simply inquired how I can fool the computer to keep the wastegates open at idle. Why do you keep going back to turbo-lag when I keep saying I don't mind
Do you remember typing this post below earlier????

Your into tuning vehicles so I got a quick question for you, is there anyway to ALWAYS have the wastegates open? That way the SL ALWAYS has that aggressive sound. Like could I go into the computer via STAR or some program and tell the car to keep the wastegates open?
Are you sleeping in your office/garage/living-room w/your SL too? I think you've inhaled dangerous levels of EXHAUST FUMES You keep contradicting yourself besides asking for advice on a totally lame ricer mod

You say you don't care about Turbo-lag? you'll have NO turbo power if you somehow achieved this asinine mod..
YESSSS! So it's possible, damn the turbo lag, how's it done
All you want is it to be ridiculously loud in traffic, you'd be pulled over by the PO-PO in 2 seconds, thinking your throttle was stuck & give you a fix-it ticket..
What I basically want, is the car to sound like that at idle no matter what. And then I want it to keep sounding like that till say 20mph, then it can stfu.
You don't care about extra fuel loss? Which would be considerable (revving motor to 1500+ rpm's anytime @ idle) you'd be getting around 2-3 miles a gallon in City driving...
Anyone know. I don't care about wasting gas, so if anyone knows how to do this I'd appreciate it! Thanks in advance!
Wow. Somethings got to be in the air. Jesus Christ you would swear I'm asking for the square root of pi with this question. Can you guys really just not read? I do not care about turbo lag and I want the "noise" at idle.
I wasn't so much asking how turbo's work, this I know, I've taken auto in high school and have read more then my fair share of books on turbo's and the way cars work.
I hereby Award you the Official MBworld VillageIdiot for the Month of March

You really should sell the 600TT & buy a N/A vehicle & slap FART-CANS all over it...Sorry my patience is up w/you...

Last edited by Thericker; 03-01-2009 at 10:21 PM.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:45 PM

Akademiks:
On another note, I notice you have Menzerma polishes in your garages, and your paint looks flawless. Please comment on how you are able to polish our swirl marks as I have tried Menzerma intensive polish with a orange pad and it does NOTHING on the hard ceramic clear cloat. I am told only the super intensive polish will get the job done. Your insight appreciated.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

20+ to list......
Can't believe we have a ricer on board.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:41 AM
Banned

SL600
Originally Posted by 2MANYCARS
Can't believe we have a ricer on board.
Coming from you with a GTR avatar?
Old 03-02-2009, 01:51 AM
Banned

SL600
Originally Posted by Thericker
Do you remember typing this post below earlier????

Are you sleeping in your office/garage/living-room w/your SL too? I think you've inhaled dangerous levels of EXHAUST FUMES You keep contradicting yourself besides asking for advice on a totally lame ricer mod

You say you don't care about Turbo-lag? you'll have NO turbo power if you somehow achieved this asinine mod..

All you want is it to be ridiculously loud in traffic, you'd be pulled over by the PO-PO in 2 seconds, thinking your throttle was stuck & give you a fix-it ticket..

You don't care about extra fuel loss? Which would be considerable (revving motor to 1500+ rpm's anytime @ idle) you'd be getting around 2-3 miles a gallon in City driving...

I hereby Award you the Official MBworld VillageIdiot for the Month of March

You really should sell the 600TT & buy a N/A vehicle & slap FART-CANS all over it...Sorry my patience is up w/you...
You've failed at any attempt to show I contradict myself, in one highlighted post I stated I do not care about the repercussions. In the other highlighted post I continue to just ask one simple question: how its done.

And let me get this straight, because I want my car louder it makes me a ricer? Go preach that same message to Lambo/Ferrari owners. Ridiculous.

I really thought you were actually a cool dude, don't see what your problem is. If you have a hard time comprehending or don't know the answer, then simply don't respond.

Last edited by Akademiks; 03-02-2009 at 01:53 AM.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:05 AM
Banned

SL600
Originally Posted by kwaobus
Akademiks:
On another note, I notice you have Menzerma polishes in your garages, and your paint looks flawless. Please comment on how you are able to polish our swirl marks as I have tried Menzerma intensive polish with a orange pad and it does NOTHING on the hard ceramic clear cloat. I am told only the super intensive polish will get the job done. Your insight appreciated.
Good eye.

You tried with an orange pad? Who told you that?

For polishes, I like to use the Menzerna Intensive Polish and the white pads (assuming you do use a PC?). If you use an orbital buffer, it wont work. You can use a flex rotary, but I've found the PC 7424 to be more forgiving, especially to beginners; any PC should work just fine. For polishing, I like to use the PC 7424 with the 18007 Lambs Wool white pads.

Perhaps your not dedicating the right amount of time necessary? You can't rush the process, start at a slow speed and let the PC do the job, the Menzenra needs to be broken down to be effective.

You in Cali?

Not sure who told you about only the Super Intensive Polish working. It really depends on how bad your car is, but the Intensive Polish if you used right should take care of most swirl marks.

Last edited by Akademiks; 03-02-2009 at 02:12 AM.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:24 AM

I am using the Porter Cable radom oribter. I used orange becasue white wasn't doing anything, but neither did orange in the end. So you are saying that white with intensive + enough time will take care of fine swirl marks? The swirl marks are fine. How long would it take to do the trunck section for example, three passes of polish? about 30 minutes?
Old 03-03-2009, 12:44 AM
Banned

SL600
Originally Posted by kwaobus
I am using the Porter Cable radom oribter. I used orange becasue white wasn't doing anything, but neither did orange in the end. So you are saying that white with intensive + enough time will take care of fine swirl marks? The swirl marks are fine. How long would it take to do the trunck section for example, three passes of polish? about 30 minutes?
Again, it all depends just how bad your swirl marks are but yes, for the most part if you have a White Lambs Wool pad = Intensive Polish it should do the trick. Take your time, start with breaking down the polish, and then kick up your speed to really make it work. I've found a link to a nice video for beginners, he uses SIP but his paint was pretty bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2sLCoHsEoo

Give it a look and let me know if you've found what your doing wrong.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
SL 63 W/B AMG , S600,C220
Well at least you know a bit about polish even if your turbo knowledge is
lacking. Oh and you no about noise,forgot that one.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:55 PM
Banned

SL600
Originally Posted by sound 8
Well at least you know a bit about polish even if your turbo knowledge is
lacking. Oh and you no about noise,forgot that one.
Right, I know nothing all because I wanted to know how to keep a waste gate open.