SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: FAB-DESIGN BODY KIT for SL55 & SL65....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 08:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL55 AMG S55 AMG Hummer H2
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Thericker
Heard that! that is some MB molestation to the RICE degree..
Hey "THERICKER", how’s it going my man? I couldn't agree more with yours and "AMGFan's" post! There is something about the look of the body kit he was considering as it does have a "RICE LOOK" all over it and it defiantly doesn't flow with our sacred German Engineering by far! I think that the kit that I was originally looking at is a far better look in my mind! Wouldn't you agree if you had to choose between the two mods, even though I know that you’re not quite feeling my original FAB-DESIGN pick, I was just curious if you had to pick between the two???

Anyway, I just dropped off my SL55 today to get things moving and with just a visual inspection they estimate that the repairs would be approximately $4,638 and added that it would most likely be more once they tear it down, we all have heard that one before! So now I really need to step it up and find a kit that will work out for me and look sick as hell when completed!!! Any suggestions, I'm wide open to it, I respect your opinion!
Old 03-30-2009, 08:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by dave3191
Hey "THERICKER", how’s it going my man? I couldn't agree more with yours and "AMGFan's" post! There is something about the look of the body kit he was considering as it does have a "RICE LOOK" all over it and it defiantly doesn't flow with our sacred German Engineering by far! I think that the kit that I was originally looking at is a far better look in my mind! Wouldn't you agree if you had to choose between the two mods, even though I know that you’re not quite feeling my original FAB-DESIGN pick, I was just curious if you had to pick between the two???

Anyway, I just dropped off my SL55 today to get things moving and with just a visual inspection they estimate that the repairs would be approximately $4,638 and added that it would most likely be more once they tear it down, we all have heard that one before! So now I really need to step it up and find a kit that will work out for me and look sick as hell when completed!!! Any suggestions, I'm wide open to it, I respect your opinion!
If I had to choose between the (2) NO contest Fab kit all the way infact, I'd rather be stock than rock that abomination Fabulous rappers delight rolling disco ball

Good luck! on whatever you choose n' post some pix
Old 03-30-2009, 08:22 PM
Banned

SL600
^^ rappers delight lmao
Old 03-30-2009, 11:38 PM

If I had to choose between the (2) NO contest Fab kit all the way infact, I'd rather be stock than rock that abomination Fabulous rappers delight rolling disco ball

Good luck! on whatever you choose n' post some pix
Yep, I hear that!!!

Well I finally found the US rep for Fab-Design and they are out your way in Cali... They told me that Fab-Design will not ship their new full wide body kit to the US in fear that it would be copied. So I would have to ship my car to them, yeah right, like that would ever happen!! But they did tell me that I could buy their eairlier version for the SL, here are the pic's... I don't think so!!!

At this point I'm thinking about putting the 2008 SL AMG Front and Rear Clips on, they have a nice agressive look to them!!!
Attached Thumbnails FAB-DESIGN BODY KIT for SL55 & SL65....-fab-design-1.jpg   FAB-DESIGN BODY KIT for SL55 & SL65....-fab-design-2.jpg  
Old 03-31-2009, 12:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Yep, I hear that!!!

Well I finally found the US rep for Fab-Design and they are out your way in Cali... They told me that Fab-Design will not ship their new full wide body kit to the US in fear that it would be copied. So I would have to ship my car to them, yeah right, like that would ever happen!! But they did tell me that I could buy their eairlier version for the SL, here are the pic's... I don't think so!!!

At this point I'm thinking about putting the 2008 SL AMG Front and Rear Clips on, they have a nice agressive look to them!!!
Oh my...please pass on that...sometimes too much is not always a good thing.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by AMGfan
Oh my...please pass on that...sometimes too much is not always a good thing.
You got that right!!!
Old 03-31-2009, 03:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
for some reason I just don't think a body kit looks right on an SL...the lines of the car are "right" from the factory. On certain colors like black it may make sense, but even at that subtle can be the best route...

the only body kit that looks like it belongs (my opinion only) is the SL65 Black...that's pupose made and just works with the lines of the car....as said by another poster, agreed, in many cases too much is not more...I think when it comes to body kits for SL, less is in fact more!
Old 03-31-2009, 11:56 PM

Thumbs down

Take a look at this body kit that I came across!!! I've never seen anything like it before!!! I can't see anyone using this kit!!! But who knows, whatever floats ones boat I guess!!! The front end kind of reminds me of a Bently for some reason????

Last edited by dave3191; 04-01-2009 at 12:01 AM.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Take a look at this body kit that I came across!!! I've never seen anything like it before!!! I can't see anyone using this kit!!! But who knows, whatever floats ones boat I guess!!! The front end kind of reminds me of a Bently for some reason????

WTF...money can't buy you taste.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:08 AM

Exclamation

WTF...money can't buy you taste.
No Sh-t!! You got that right!!!
Old 04-01-2009, 12:11 AM

You won't believe some of the garbage that I've ran across looking at different body kits!!! It's crazy how much stuff is out there!!!
Old 04-01-2009, 01:41 AM
Banned

SL600
Wow. I don't know which is worse, ASMA or Fabulous...
Old 04-01-2009, 10:54 PM

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by sikhkd
Does FAB stand for Faboulous as well? I was looking at this kit the other day, although it seems a little bulky

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/f...7-p-31032.html

I like the one you posted up, would look great in a darker color.. more info!

Hey guy how's it been going?? I wanted to check in with you to see how your search for a body kit has been goiing??? Have you found anything else to your liking?? Thanks again!!
Old 04-01-2009, 11:23 PM

Exclamation

Has anyone heard of, or has knowledge of this Body Kit by FAB-DESIGN for SL's? I personally like the look of this kit, but I have been unsuccessful in locating the USA Sales Rep for FAB-DESIGN, let alone trying to discover the pricing etc.! Thanks to all for your assistance and or input on this topic!!!

Has anyone else out there found a Body Kit that they liked or caught their eye? If so please share what you found with us!!! Thanks again...
Old 05-01-2009, 03:02 PM

Thumbs up

Well I'll be starting a new thread here next week like AMGfan did with his mods! I decided to go with a new 2009 rear bumper and the 2008 front bumper cover! Still debating what to do with my front grille! Anyway, keep posted for the new thread and thanks to everyone who participated in this thread!
Old 05-01-2009, 05:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 8 Posts
‘23 EQS AMG
ugly kit
Old 05-01-2009, 10:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Yo bro! Chk out this 1 off SL600 that was posted in reg SL forum...

Well I'll be starting a new thread here next week like AMGfan did with his mods! I decided to go with a new 2009 rear bumper and the 2008 front bumper cover! Still debating what to do with my front grille! Anyway, keep posted for the new thread and thanks to everyone who participated in this thread!
I love the 1/4 panels but everything else is trash, I used to wonder what the current SL65 Blk Series would've looked like w/more elegant curves? here it is... I have to say the edgy more aggressive fenders on SL65 Blk Series is the BEST though I'd take these 1/4 panels happily just to run 345's on 12" rear whls w/6" + lips

I wish the original poster could've got some better pix that were of the entire car a bit further back w/out ALL the shadows, on blk SL it camouflages all the great 1/4 panel work except in the close-ups, I want to see this in brilliant silver or completely outt've the sahdows to be able to fully judge/appreciate what has been created, arghh

Originally Posted by m4xm1l10n
Wide body , Renntech Brakes , custom Interior and lots of goodies under the hood Lots of money invested

Last edited by Thericker; 05-01-2009 at 10:35 PM.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 8 Posts
‘23 EQS AMG
haha ricker...siick sig
Old 05-03-2009, 09:21 PM

Thumbs up

I love the 1/4 panels but everything else is trash, I used to wonder what the current SL65 Blk Series would've looked like w/more elegant curves? here it is... I have to say the edgy more aggressive fenders on SL65 Blk Series is the BEST though I'd take these 1/4 panels happily just to run 345's on 12" rear whls w/6" + lips

I wish the original poster could've got some better pix that were of the entire car a bit further back w/out ALL the shadows, on blk SL it camouflages all the great 1/4 panel work except in the close-ups, I want to see this in brilliant silver or completely outt've the sahdows to be able to fully judge/appreciate what has been created, arghh
Hey Thericker,

I hear what you are saying about the new SL65 Wide Body with an extreme aggressive look to it! Plus the fact that you can wider wheels and tires on it! Did you know that I have found a site where you can buy the complete 2009 SL65 Wide Body Kit for your car! I believe that it was in the upper $30’s for the kit then you have the tear down of your car, fitment of all new wide body parts, and then off again for paint! Probably would be around the $50’s when all said and done! But you would be rolling around looking just like you just purchased a $320,000 car! Crazy isn’t it!!
I also agree with you comments on the mod pics that you found as well! Thanks again guy!! Dave
Old 05-03-2009, 09:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Some more pics...I'd definitely take the rear body work with out the rear bumper treatment...I'd still take the updated SL63/65 rear bumper with the wider fenders.

Old 05-03-2009, 09:50 PM

Thumbs up

Some more pics...I'd definitely take the rear body work with out the rear bumper treatment...I'd still take the updated SL63/65 rear bumper with the wider fenders.

No question, that's why I ordered the 2009 Rear Bumper Cover for my car!!!
Old 05-03-2009, 11:17 PM
Banned

SL600

Hey Thericker,

I hear what you are saying about the new SL65 Wide Body with an extreme aggressive look to it! Plus the fact that you can wider wheels and tires on it! Did you know that I have found a site where you can buy the complete 2009 SL65 Wide Body Kit for your car! I believe that it was in the upper $30’s for the kit then you have the tear down of your car, fitment of all new wide body parts, and then off again for paint! Probably would be around the $50’s when all said and done! But you would be rolling around looking just like you just purchased a $320,000 car! Crazy isn’t it!!
I also agree with you comments on the mod pics that you found as well! Thanks again guy!! Dave
Link to that website please.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Yes link now pease! maybe we can get them to just do the rear 1/4's
Old 05-04-2009, 03:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Thanx for the extra pix & ditto! How bout w/SL63 total exterior conversion w/these beefy rear 1/4's & VRP825 pkg...I can dream can't I still would be about $271k less than buying a new blk series, Vert/& much faster in the straights at least.

Full SL63 conversion w/all fact parts about $15k
New huge rear 1/4's let's guess $10k w/paint-install
VRP825 $7500
---------------------------------------------
$32,500 Sick faster widebody version. I could never justify all this work but say VRP 825 + 63 rear & wide rear 1/4's just maybeI'll have this SL600 for @ least another 4 + years (remaining warranty) we'll see what comes

BS SL65 $304k + tax license = about $326k

PS..This wknd I completely removed the stock Airboxes (600/65 have exactly same Airboxes/Intercoolers) I opened them up, there are clearly (2) Hard 90 degree bends w/restrictive plastic walls/covers routing air thru a very tiny slit(about the size of a candy bar, no lie) @ top of airbox then finally down another restricted hole until they get to last bit of about 2" tube neck that mates w/Turbo's. Def made to detune power/muffle turbo sounds...

I Dremeled the guts out completely, it's totally straight thru airboxes now, all extra plastic is GONE! w/Custom Foam Cone air-filters on outside mated to OEM holes where plastic tubes used to fit, kinda like a larger "Scorpion" but retaining factory looks on engine cover.

(w/the Muffler delete 3" pipes, you could hear a lil' wastegate sounds but only barely, but now coupled w/Custom CAI=

The best part!! INSANE Turbo Wastegate surging open/closing sounds are audible in 1st-2nd-3rd gears NOT ricer loud but just enough to hear it clearly. It's exactly what you'd expect a Euro TT car to sound like, butt Dyno reads---Much snappier throttle response & Top end is noticeably stronger, trying to get Dyno'd this week! I'll be making a video this wk for all to hear

Last edited by Thericker; 05-04-2009 at 04:07 AM.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SLK55AMG, SL600
Thanx for the extra pix & ditto! How bout w/SL63 total exterior conversion w/these beefy rear 1/4's & VRP825 pkg...I can dream can't I still would be about $271k less than buying a new blk series, Vert/& much faster in the straights at least.

Full SL63 conversion w/all fact parts about $15k
New huge rear 1/4's let's guess $10k w/paint-install
VRP825 $7500
---------------------------------------------
$32,500 Sick faster widebody version. I could never justify all this work but say VRP 825 + 63 rear & wide rear 1/4's just maybeI'll have this SL600 for @ least another 4 + years (remaining warranty) we'll see what comes

BS SL65 $304k + tax license = about $326k

PS..This wknd I completely removed the stock Airboxes (600/65 have exactly same Airboxes/Intercoolers) I opened them up, there are clearly (2) Hard 90 degree bends w/restrictive plastic walls/covers routing air thru a very tiny slit(about the size of a candy bar, no lie) @ top of airbox then finally down another restricted hole until they get to last bit of about 2" tube neck that mates w/Turbo's. Def made to detune power/muffle turbo sounds...

I Dremeled the guts out completely, it's totally straight thru airboxes now, all extra plastic is GONE! w/Custom Foam Cone air-filters on outside mated to OEM holes where plastic tubes used to fit, kinda like a larger "Scorpion" but retaining factory looks on engine cover.

(w/the Muffler delete 3" pipes, you could hear a lil' wastegate sounds but only barely, but now coupled w/Custom CAI=

The best part!! INSANE Turbo Wastegate surging open/closing sounds are audible in 1st-2nd-3rd gears NOT ricer loud but just enough to hear it clearly. It's exactly what you'd expect a Euro TT car to sound like, butt Dyno reads---Much snappier throttle response & Top end is noticeably stronger, trying to get Dyno'd this week! I'll be making a video this wk for all to hear
Nice like to see pics of the work you done to the boxes and you CAI setup.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: FAB-DESIGN BODY KIT for SL55 & SL65....