SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Test drove the sl63 amg this morning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 09:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by sound 8
Tom, I am sorry I made a fool of you. :

I use to admire the way you responded and answered threads.

But now you are reverting to insults AGAIN

I have done a great job promoting the SL63 I think it's a fantastic sports car ( my words not yours)
and I am sure Mercedes appreciate it.

You however have been knocking probably the best SL that MB have ever
made. It says by your name MB World Fanatic, your not a fanatic ( your
words not mine)
and you wouldn't get a job as a PR man working for MB.

Please try and answer without throwing your toys out of the pram!

As you can see that my posts use insults very sparingly, when you respond
to a thread I don't see what it has to do with the member.

I am away now for a couple of weeks, so when you wake please contain
your venom, and inject it in a couple of weeks.
Sound8:

Do you do any due dilligence before you open your mouth (or type)? That isn't an insult...that is an honest question. Let me ask you another question (albeit rhetorical)... did you designate yourself as a "Super Member" here on mbworld? No, you did not. So what makes you think that I designated myself as an "MB World Fanatic"? You obviously think that I penned that myself...otherwise you wouldn't have made that comment above. This latest faux pas is a microcosm for the problems you have here on mbworld. You take everything at face value that reinforces what you already believe and you don't do any due dilligence to see whether it is fact or fiction. That isn't an insult...merely stating a fact.

I am not looking to be a PR man for MB...is that what your goal is????

Tom

Last edited by TMC M5; 04-21-2009 at 09:52 AM.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
SL 63 W/B AMG , S600,C220
Originally Posted by TMC M5
Sound8:

Do you do any due dilligence before you open your mouth (or type)? That isn't an insult...that is an honest question. Let me ask you another question (albeit rhetorical)... did you designate yourself as a "Super Member" here on mbworld? No, you did not. So what makes you think that I designated myself as an "MB World Fanatic"? You obviously think that I penned that myself...otherwise you wouldn't have made that comment above. This latest faux pas is a microcosm for the problems you have here on mbworld. You take everything at face value that reinforces what you already believe and you don't do any due dilligence to see whether it is fact or fiction. That isn't an insult...merely stating a fact.

I am not looking to be a PR man for MB...is that what your goal is????

Tom
So you believe that calling someone clueless is a fact.
You are whether you like it or not an MB World Fanatic, you earned that
by the amount of posts you replied or made.
So why not just post answers, or make threads without the need to resort
to name calling, stick to the subject, I thought at first you were above all that, but you now seem to be replying in a uncultured way as do some other
members.
As for a PR man for MB, I couldn't take such a wage cut!!
Must go!!
Also put your spell check on.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
So you believe that calling someone clueless is a fact.
You are whether you like it or not an MB World Fanatic, you earned that
by the amount of posts you replied or made.
So why not just post answers, or make threads without the need to resort
to name calling, stick to the subject, I thought at first you were above all that, but you now seem to be replying in a uncultured way as do some other
members.
As for a PR man for MB, I couldn't take such a wage cut!!
Must go!!
Also put your spell check on.

Sound8:

I can admit that my responses have been harsh and at times uncalled for and off topic.... can you admit the same?

Tom
Old 04-21-2009, 04:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
SL 63 W/B AMG , S600,C220
Originally Posted by TMC M5
Sound8:

I can admit that my responses have been harsh and at times uncalled for and off topic.... can you admit the same?

Tom
Tom, my star sign says I am arguementative and I bore people with my over enthusiasm for new products and projects, but I do not resort to insults, and neither did you, what's changed. I lay myself open for attacks and I get kicked. But I hate it when members attack a car that I think has had a lot of thought and hard work to make it different. Also when a member post an innacurate statement I don't call them stupid or an idiot, I be may critical of
it's substance but I don't get personal. I love my 63 and people should respect that, there is no turning back but in this case if there was the result would be the same. Tom, I wish you well, but I have been spending to much time on the forum, so I am having a couple of weeks break to spend more time with my family. Perhaps in 2 weeks things could start a fresh.
Old 04-21-2009, 04:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Tom, my star sign says I am arguementative and I bore people with my over enthusiasm for new products and projects, but I do not resort to insults, and neither did you, what's changed. I lay myself open for attacks and I get kicked. But I hate it when members attack a car that I think has had a lot of thought and hard work to make it different. Also when a member post an innacurate statement I don't call them stupid or an idiot, I be may critical of
it's substance but I don't get personal. I love my 63 and people should respect that, there is no turning back but in this case if there was the result would be the same. Tom, I wish you well, but I have been spending to much time on the forum, so I am having a couple of weeks break to spend more time with my family. Perhaps in 2 weeks things could start a fresh.
Sound8:

Like I said...I lack patience...if you make a ridiculous comment (which you have from time to time) then I will type some harsh rebuffs...no malice intended...just jolly good fun. Enjoy your sabbatical!

Tom
Old 04-21-2009, 06:35 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL55 AMG, Jaguar XK120, Lincoln Town Car (car for business in NYC), Jeep Grand Cherokee, Ford F150
Looks like I will be keeping my SL55amg. Reason being, where I live (approx 28 miles outside midtown manhattan in NJ, USA) the roads are being ripped up all over the place. Not a good rip up either, they are patching the road terribly (just another reason as to why I am moving within 16 months). Even with all the power my current SL55 amg has it is almost impossible to open the taps on these roads, and our highways are so congested it is not even an option.

So I will be keeping the sl55amg and I may decide to get another car to play with. I'm thinking I may look into a used 06 bmw m5. Reason being, 4 doors, 5 seats, and a trunk that can fit more than one golf bag. Other than that it would seem my location has put a damper on most options.