SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Questions regarding SL55...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2003, 02:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL55/S55/CLK500
Questions regarding SL55...

I Cant wait...3-4 MORE days!!!! I have a question, my driveway entrance is steep.

So, I have noticed that ABC has a butten where it has TWO red LED lights with a picture of an arrow pointing up under the SL.
Its located behind the Gearshifter, does it make the car a little higher about an inch?

Also the car comes with the V60 phone, so do you have to activate(service) it to operate the voice functions for the COMMAND?

Thanks!!!
Old 02-08-2003, 03:46 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I would believe about an inch, i will check when i get home, right now i'm in the office with my dad and it would look quite odd to see me run out in shorts (while its cold outside ) just to see the stuff

Also, i think the commands work w/o the phone having service. You just pull a rod towards you on the steering column and then say.. whatever you wish to do :P

btw: you will have sooo much fun with this car.. i can't even drive it and i still have fun!
Old 02-08-2003, 04:21 PM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
Re: Questions regarding SL55...

Originally posted by G-baby
I Cant wait...3-4 MORE days!!!! I have a question, my driveway entrance is steep.

So, I have noticed that ABC has a butten where it has TWO red LED lights with a picture of an arrow pointing up under the SL.
Its located behind the Gearshifter, does it make the car a little higher about an inch?

Also the car comes with the V60 phone, so do you have to activate(service) it to operate the voice functions for the COMMAND?

Thanks!!!
Yes, the ABC hight button will raise/lower the vehicle in different increments.

The Phone is an option. If you have ordered that option, when you take delivery you will be asked what type of handset you want. CDMA or TDMA, which will necessitate the type/provider of service you wish in your area. You do not need to activate the phone to use the voice control for the other options.
Old 02-08-2003, 10:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
SL55 AMG
G-baby

You can raise the height of the car in two increments, the nice thing about ABC is that it happens very quickly, just a couple of seconds, so it's very easy to raise the car in just the situation you have.

Where are you in NC? I spent a very happy year in the 80's living in Raleigh and working for IBM in the Triangle.

Enjoy your car when you get it.
Old 02-08-2003, 11:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL55/S55/CLK500
Originally posted by blueSL
G-baby

You can raise the height of the car in two increments, the nice thing about ABC is that it happens very quickly, just a couple of seconds, so it's very easy to raise the car in just the situation you have.

Where are you in NC? I spent a very happy year in the 80's living in Raleigh and working for IBM in the Triangle.

I live in Durham...about 15mins. from Raleigh.
Old 02-09-2003, 02:16 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by blueSL
G-baby

u worked for IBM? no wonder ur soo good with the electrical part of the SL!!