SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Putting Some Rims on a SL55 today, 20x11.. Go Wide.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 04:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SL 600 640bhp/1000Nm
Originally Posted by TuneTime
lol... I Promise...... Its the right way..... Here are some pictures of the same brand on a E350...
I stand corrected!
This is not the first time..
But I remeber the last time. It must have been in the late 80's since I was listening too Whitesnake and one of my.........................
Anywho..

^me...
Old 09-15-2009, 04:55 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any AMG Thats Around..
Originally Posted by Marcus Frost
There is a guy here locally that has the same wheels on his SL55, and the rear offset is wrong. I don't think these wheels are made for the R230. You can see it in your picture, the rear wheel sticks out almost an inch passed the fender.

It will "work" on a non-lowered SL, but it looks super hooptie in person...

-m
It works on our lowered R230? We lowered it an inch... and no rubbing... I even shot a vid to make sure....

Now, the offset is not wrong... It may be too agressive and not what most people are used to seeing... But if you look at MEC Designs in Germany all their wheels are aggressive like that... Some people like a "tuck" or a "poke"... That would be a poke... lol.....

In person with it lowered, it looks tough.... Not the norm.... But still, tough looking...

And i see you have some quality cars, with quality products!!!! Nice lineup!
Old 09-15-2009, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Viet_Amg408
so if a customer ask about vredestein..what you gonna tell them? "if they work. are they ultra cheap or something".?
NO, i would tell them the truth. I have never heard of that tire and i dont know anythign about it.

I persoanlly wouldnt buy them simply because if i need a nitto invo or ps2 or any other tire i can have them in an hour. but if i guy wants them and i can get them, i'll sell them.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:58 PM
Former Vendor

Any AMG Thats Around..
Originally Posted by GFEAR
NO, i would tell them the truth. I have never heard of that tire and i dont know anythign about it.

I persoanlly wouldnt buy them simply because if i need a nitto invo or ps2 or any other tire i can have them in an hour. but if i guy wants them and i can get them, i'll sell them.
Thats how i operate as well...... Im just lucky i have a warehouse 20min away from me that has them in stock across the board......