SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Badgeless Grill?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 08:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
W215 V12TT Build by Speedriven, W221 S550 4Matic
Badgeless Grill?

Does anyone know about any company that makes a badgeless front grille for the SL R230? I have been looking around and can't find anything. Any help will be appriciated.

The only one I found is this one but it does not look that clean

http://www.cksperformance.com/merced...ories&_Styling

Thanks

Kamil

Last edited by kamilclk430; 11-18-2009 at 08:37 PM.
Old 11-19-2009, 12:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 SL55 AMG
That would take some getting used to... the big badge is such an SL tradition, but I guess if you find the right style.

Hey, not to hijack your thread, but I cannot find the other thread about your lighting upgrades... I cleared my corners, installed chromed turn signal bulbs, and installed LEDs for the license plate and front lamps. Now, I want to get rid of the yellowish HID bulbs and fogs, if possible, and get them better color matched to the super white LEDs. If I recall, you had found the right temp bulbs that matched, correct? Were you also able to update the fogs? Thanks.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
W215 V12TT Build by Speedriven, W221 S550 4Matic
Originally Posted by sjcsl55
That would take some getting used to... the big badge is such an SL tradition, but I guess if you find the right style.

Hey, not to hijack your thread, but I cannot find the other thread about your lighting upgrades... I cleared my corners, installed chromed turn signal bulbs, and installed LEDs for the license plate and front lamps. Now, I want to get rid of the yellowish HID bulbs and fogs, if possible, and get them better color matched to the super white LEDs. If I recall, you had found the right temp bulbs that matched, correct? Were you also able to update the fogs? Thanks.
The fog lights are not HIDs on our cars. I decided to go with 8K strength of the bulb for the fogs but that would look stupid with the original HID headlight bulbs that are not as strong. I bought 8K HID bulbs only for the headlights and a complete 8K HID kit for the fog lights so that everything matches and looks perfect. It came out really nice. I will take pictures so you can see. The running yellowish bulbs by the headlights I simply removed and it looks way better than with them in even when they are LEDs.