SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: If U Have experienced vibration in Low gears......

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 08:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SL55, CL55, Range Rover, Lexus LX470
If U Have experienced vibration in Low gears......

If U Have experienced vibration in Low gears I may have a solution to your problems. Yesterday I left for home from the Mercedes dealership with a great big smile on my face. I have been experiencing some mind boggling vibrations in my SL when I drive in 1st, 2ND and 3rd gears, but in the higher gears everything feels smooth, hmmmmm WTF, Over? Well it turns out that my transmission mount was totally chewed up internally and just by looking at it the tech may not notice the problem, it has to be removed in certain instances. Anyway, I have complained about this problem a few months ago and based off of what little bit of knowledge along with common sense that I do have with these cars, I asked the techs to inspect my motor and tranny mounts because I am having vibration issues. Well they told me that they looked fine. I guess I just got tired of the noise and told them to replace all of my mounts regardless just to rule out that possibility. Well they started on the tranny mount first since there is only one and I decided to take her for a test run before committing to motor mounts. Whata you know, a 100% difference and all vibration has gone away. So as to help anyone out here who may be experiencing this same issue, I just felt that it was my duty to inform you that the symptoms may be related to either your tranny mounts and or your motor mounts. I hope this helps someone here out so let me know if it does justice for you or not, thanks for your time AMG drivers.

Last edited by charles pearson; 03-04-2010 at 07:13 AM.