SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: New guy here saying hello

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 06:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL55 AMG
Congrats on the new ride Hooley I look foward to seeing your new go fast parts for the SL.

Originally Posted by bassn_07
This is going to be interesting. I hear there's another SL besides Hooleyboy that will be making a run after Sal's title. If I know Sal this will not be an easy task for anyone. This year is going to be a very interesting year for the 55k platform...the bar is rising and old records will fall.

Welcome the 55k Mike and let the modding begin!!!!!
Another modaholic getting an SL55? If you guys are talking about a guy in the East Coast that already has a record on a different platform........ boy am I in trouble Heck, everyone with a 55k is in trouble.

In all honesty, the new competition is great. I have become complacent and decided to stop modding my SL (again) LOL. This new found competition makes me want to mod some more
Old 04-09-2010, 06:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by AMGSC
Sad since now I don't have the fastest C55 to chase down anymore. Too bad I never got my car ready before you exited the C55 scene.

With all my frustrations with getting my car done, I ended up buying two more superbikes. It definitely fills the void in terms of the need for speed but teasing death may not have been a wise substitute.

I may also be joining the SL club next year when I collect my bonus and tax refund. What do you think about the SLR body kit from Wald?
Jeezuss sounds right up your alley
Old 04-09-2010, 07:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Weistec 3.0L SC'd C55, 2006 MaxPsi PT6466 Turbo'd M3, 2019 Maserati GTS , 2020Alfa Quadrifoglio
I'll post some pics when I get home but the quality looks good. Maybe it's not Wald. The company that makes it is in Germany.

It's not an SLR wanna-be look I see, just something more unique but with highly quality materials and workmanship.

This the company I was looking at http://www.lotec-gmbh.de/english/slr_c.htm and here is thread where I first saw it:

https://mbworld.org/forums/sl55-amg-...l-exhaust.html

Last edited by AMGSC; 04-09-2010 at 09:15 PM.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:36 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C55,SL55,C63
Originally Posted by URnext
Congrats on the new ride Hooley I look foward to seeing your new go fast parts for the SL.

Another modaholic getting an SL55? If you guys are talking about a guy in the East Coast that already has a record on a different platform........ boy am I in trouble Heck, everyone with a 55k is in trouble.

In all honesty, the new competition is great. I have become complacent and decided to stop modding my SL (again) LOL. This new found competition makes me want to mod some more

I feel you bro. If me making my car go faster, brings back some energy to you. Than me coming over here seems to have added a positive impact. I'm just very excited to be start this journey. Its going to be a lot of fun. I hope that I can help push some folks to take their car to another level... that would truly be an honor.

Complacency kills, I know exactly what you're talking about. The way I see it, we are all on the same team... When I get closer to your power level, I hope it pushes you (and all) to make your car the best it can be.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:15 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 91 Likes on 46 Posts
C63, SL55, E55, CLS55, ML63, C55
Car arrives Thursday or Friday of this week! Not only that, but the dealer got the shipping company to deliver the car in an enclosed trailer! now that something!
Old 04-13-2010, 11:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 AMG 030
Originally Posted by MBH motorsports
Car arrives Thursday or Friday of this week! Not only that, but the dealer got the shipping company to deliver the car in an enclosed trailer! now that something!
Man to bad it doesnt get there tomorrow cause Im swinging by the shop to pick a up a couple parts.