SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: SL55 PICS FINALLY!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 01:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by GFEAR
i want to wolverine claw my eyes out now
Old 06-19-2010, 10:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 SL55 AMG
Dude, WTF??? Your car looks like it belongs on a BET rap video! Why would you do something like that? A good analogy would be Meagan Fox and all those F#%$ up tats on her!!!
Old 06-19-2010, 11:05 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SL55, CL55, Range Rover, Lexus LX470
Originally Posted by poker_emperor
Dude, WTF??? Your car looks like it belongs on a BET rap video! Why would you do something like that? A good analogy would be Meagan Fox and all those F#%$ up tats on her!!!
LOL,
Old 06-19-2010, 11:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 W211 E55K, GL550
LoL I am not the type of person to judge someone else taste cause my taste maybe tacky to someone else, BUT GOOD GODDDDDD I CAN ONLY AGREE WITH THE STATEMENT ABOVE. Lets say alittle pray and keep are faith strong and clear amen.
Old 06-19-2010, 11:43 AM
Banned

02 S500 Sport
Old 06-19-2010, 10:23 PM

AMG SL55
Dude, the front plate is not straight, is that a new Canadian look that I'm unaware of? I have new Savini rims (way different style) on my Sl55 that look better than those with a more aggressive and staggered look and don't have the Savini name engraved all down the spokes, did they pay you to advertise their name so boldly?
Old 06-20-2010, 09:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
'06 E55 K2
Well to the OP's credit...he posted on the forum, we all gave him "not pleasant" feedback and he has a good attitude and did not retaliate.

So Champdelay...enjoy your car...good on you!
Old 06-20-2010, 10:28 AM

2005 SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by slownrusty
Well to the OP's credit...he posted on the forum, we all gave him "not pleasant" feedback and he has a good attitude and did not retaliate.

So Champdelay...enjoy your car...good on you!
GAY! Don't encourage him!
Old 06-20-2010, 02:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 76 Posts
SL55, ML500 & Acura TL
Originally Posted by Champdelay
At long last, here it the finished result of an entire winter of customizing! Headers and air intake upgrades, Wolverine Claws, fully chromed vents and grills, 20" Savinni chrome rims with black chrome trim, lowered with hand rolled fenders, custom badges with carbon fiber interior.
Just curious, what kind of gains you noticed with the headers and air intake upgrades? Is the ECU programming stock?
Old 06-20-2010, 02:58 PM

E320
Originally Posted by poker_emperor
GAY! Don't encourage him!
Old 06-20-2010, 04:06 PM

SL500 R230
wow...sir you have done it
you made this car looks like ****
kudos...i know it wasnt easy
Old 06-20-2010, 06:05 PM

sl55, range rover sport
wow

Wow,
I did not realize there were so many first class bozo's on this site.
If brains were dynamite,most of you would not have enough to blown your own rudy nose
So this guys cars is not to your taste, Big deal,yet a lot of you say " o you ruined a great car "dont make me laugh,at least 50% of the cars posted on here are not to my taste,but I would like to think I have more respect for other peoples tastes, than the load of crap that some of you have posted on here.
Some of you should take a bloody good look in the mirror,believe me you aint perfect,only in your own self opinionated little world.
Have a nice day
Old 06-20-2010, 07:45 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
Old 06-21-2010, 12:02 AM

SL 55 and Range Rover Sport Supercharged
Ah, to feel like Thunderlips in Rocky III!! Cal1, I am not sure what the gains are yet as it will be tested in a couple of weeks - and the chip is stock.

Well, it appears that the only accents on an SL permitted on this site are stealth, not chrome.

BC Brit, thanks for the defense - we should do a tour sometime as we are in the same neck of the woods!

To all of you out there who feel they have more feedback to say, keep it coming! I believe I am batting positive 2, negative 22!! I am beginning to feel like the Dixie Chicks in the early Bush years...how did that one turn out again?

And Poker Emperor, if you kicked either Meagan Fox or Angelina Jolie out of the sack because of their tats...well, I don't think I need to finish that one.

Happy Father's Day to all of you out there!
Old 06-21-2010, 12:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
C55
Champdelay you are one of the most positive individuals I have seen in a long time lol.
Old 06-21-2010, 06:59 AM

E320
Originally Posted by bc brit
Wow,
I did not realize there were so many first class bozo's on this site.
If brains were dynamite,most of you would not have enough to blown your own rudy nose
So this guys cars is not to your taste, Big deal,yet a lot of you say " o you ruined a great car "dont make me laugh,at least 50% of the cars posted on here are not to my taste,but I would like to think I have more respect for other peoples tastes, than the load of crap that some of you have posted on here.
Some of you should take a bloody good look in the mirror,believe me you aint perfect,only in your own self opinionated little world.
Have a nice day
I don't agree. That car is considered as Ghettugly according to that website standarts.

The bashing was predictable.

And the bashing is so damn funny. The fact that the owner takes it easy , makes him a Great individual,wich is more confusing, since People with a great state of mind like him should have Better tastes in Automotive.

And your Face in mirror exemple is not appropriate,because we didn't bash how the car is in its stock form, we bash the way it has been modded.Modifications are things you can decide to do , A face is something you do not choose, here is the difference.

So if a guy Mods his face by putting a ridiculous tattoo on his cheeks, you will find it ridiculous.

Last edited by DCMETRO22Z; 06-21-2010 at 11:17 AM.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:51 AM

SL55, CL55, Range Rover, Lexus LX470
I can only speak for myself when I say, that instead of me criticizing or expressing my opinion of a car that has absolutely nothing to do with me, I should have at least come up with a solid and constructive fix to what I may have viewed as a car in poor taste. Of all people, I know better than to critique and not suggest an alternative given my status as an Army Officer, along with the many years that I have spent as a leader, I am wrong for that.

In light of it all, I guess one really never knows who they come across in life and or what they are capable of or even how one can help the other out in various aspects of either business, feed back, or just life in general. So in simpler form, I should be careful who I offend, mainly because that's what I would tell any of you if I were the target of discussion. Furthermore, being thick skinned here on the forum is a must and I have to admit, "Champdelay" has taken all of our critiques with a grain of salt. That being said, that's a sign of maturity and I respect that. Although, I will not say that I agree with the modifications made to his car, but than again as we all know, all of us one way or another have made some unwise decisions in our lives once or twice. I think the bottom line here is, we all have seen worse.
Chuck.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:00 AM

SL 55 and Range Rover Sport Supercharged
DCMETROZ, you are quite right, the bashing is so damn funny and sometimes so original you are left busting your gut with laughter! I do not take it personally at all as cars are truly a matter of personal taste - while I was not overly thrilled with the rear chrome bumper mesh on mine and may very well paint is black again, I love the front chrome mesh as it does emulate the Aston Martin (I know the SL55 is not an AM nor a Jaguar but that still does not, in MY mind, reduce the beauty of effect the chrome mesh has when you see the car, in person, head on) and the side badges may be steamed off as I do like them but am quite interested to see the overall effect without them. The 'Wolverine Claws' (and the "I want to Wolverine claw my eyes out" comment had me in stitches!) and side skirts I LOVE...you just have to see them in person against the black paint - they truly make the car stand out - but, hey, that is my opinion and clearly not everyone (or almost no one!) shares that opinion and that is how life goes. Overall, this is a 'tough crowd' to put it mildly but nonetheless where else can you have so much fun with a group with such wildly differing views on a subject that they all have in common? Keep 'em coming fellas!!!
Old 06-21-2010, 11:19 AM

E320
DCMETROZ, you are quite right, the bashing is so damn funny and sometimes so original you are left busting your gut with laughter! I do not take it personally at all as cars are truly a matter of personal taste - while I was not overly thrilled with the rear chrome bumper mesh on mine and may very well paint is black again, I love the front chrome mesh as it does emulate the Aston Martin (I know the SL55 is not an AM nor a Jaguar but that still does not, in MY mind, reduce the beauty of effect the chrome mesh has when you see the car, in person, head on) and the side badges may be steamed off as I do like them but am quite interested to see the overall effect without them. The 'Wolverine Claws' (and the "I want to Wolverine claw my eyes out" comment had me in stitches!) and side skirts I LOVE...you just have to see them in person against the black paint - they truly make the car stand out - but, hey, that is my opinion and clearly not everyone (or almost no one!) shares that opinion and that is how life goes. Overall, this is a 'tough crowd' to put it mildly but nonetheless where else can you have so much fun with a group with such wildly differing views on a subject that they all have in common? Keep 'em coming fellas!!!

You're a very cool dude man. Enjoy your ride, anything else hasn't much importance.

Old 06-21-2010, 11:46 AM

As long as it makes you happy, god bless you, i cant see it from my house so i dont care. not everyone likes how i did my car, and i dont care, so F em, live your life homie.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
Champ you have a very good attidude and seem like someone who is cool...which in my opinion is much more important than the car. You may also find that deters people from making harsh comments, although I'm sure the funny ones will still keep coming...there are some creative folks on this forum for sure!
Old 06-21-2010, 12:10 PM

E320
As long as it makes you happy, god bless you, i cant see it from my house so i dont care. not everyone likes how i did my car, and i dont care, so F em, live your life homie.
Your car is abslolutely perfect,except that ugly Mono-bar grill
Old 06-21-2010, 12:13 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
Rare to see someone this thick skinned on the forums. Don't agree with the mods but much respect for taking it like a Champ(delay)
Old 06-21-2010, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by DCMETRO22Z
Your car is abslolutely perfect,except that ugly Mono-bar grill
SEE, like i said, not everyone recognizes prefection when they see it
Old 06-21-2010, 01:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 76 Posts
SL55, ML500 & Acura TL
Ah, to feel like Thunderlips in Rocky III!! Cal1, I am not sure what the gains are yet as it will be tested in a couple of weeks - and the chip is stock.

Well, it appears that the only accents on an SL permitted on this site are stealth, not chrome.

BC Brit, thanks for the defense - we should do a tour sometime as we are in the same neck of the woods!

To all of you out there who feel they have more feedback to say, keep it coming! I believe I am batting positive 2, negative 22!! I am beginning to feel like the Dixie Chicks in the early Bush years...how did that one turn out again?

And Poker Emperor, if you kicked either Meagan Fox or Angelina Jolie out of the sack because of their tats...well, I don't think I need to finish that one.

Happy Father's Day to all of you out there!
I am curious as to how the stock ECU is dealing with the intake and exhaust mod. Not sure you are getting the full benefit without an ECU tune.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: SL55 PICS FINALLY!!