SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Carbon Fiber Diffuser Kit by EuroTek (group buy)

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 10-02-2011, 09:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 SL55 AMG, 1986 Porsche 930S, 1996 Porsche 993tt
I haven't email you, but still waiting ...
Old 10-10-2011, 07:01 PM

08 CLS63, Honda Accord, 04 911
NEAL- please provide an update- moving into Mid-October now..
Old 10-10-2011, 07:34 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by 150shot
NEAL- please provide an update- moving into Mid-October now..
Have you seen the update I gave above? it still stands true and is very current that they will begin shipping soon and everyone should most likely have it by the end of this month.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:59 PM

2004 SL55 AMG
If anyone drops out, I am interested in one. Might be a dumb question but if you already have a mold made, why not continue to make the parts on a per-order basis?
Old 10-19-2011, 05:37 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by sbenus
If anyone drops out, I am interested in one. Might be a dumb question but if you already have a mold made, why not continue to make the parts on a per-order basis?
Very fair question.

The answer is, when we develop a new part on our own and invest the time and money to do so, it is typically for all the new cars that are just coming out. We had no plans to make anything for the rear end of this model SL55/65 because it is no longer current and is to risky for us to invest the time and money into. However, when approached with a project like this by customers, we have the ability to do it, if the costs are covered. In this case it took 10 customer to cover the manufacturing and design process + labor and material. To encourage most people to buy, we feel that making them exclusive to the first people who commit is very fair, since they put a lot of trust into us by giving us their money up front to fund the project as well as not seeing the final design until it is done. That is a HUGE amount of trust. For this, in return, we make it exclusive, which helps the buyer not only have a rare part, but one that also maintains its value since there are so few. Now, we will not be getting rid of the mould for a while, just in case someone needs a replacement if there car was hit or something along those lines... But we like to show our loyalty to customers by doing it this way. In this end there is a extremely small profit margin on this by only making 10, but we still find these fun, (not when delayed like this though) if we can help a group of enthusiasts we will. However to stay in business, we rely on other methods.
Old 11-06-2011, 04:35 PM

Hey Neal- can we get an update please. thanks
Old 11-07-2011, 05:08 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Hey Neal- can we get an update please. thanks
Getting polished and clearcoated tomorrow!!!!!!!

Also, FYI, for any further updates guys, please contact me by PM or email. There is a scammer in the group, and I do not wan't anyone getting the wrong info. So please direct updates to me privately.

Thank you!
Old 11-07-2011, 07:45 PM

Power Wagon, Legend Coupe 6-spd
Will do, thanks for the update Neal!
Old 11-08-2011, 06:49 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Here are some pics of another diffuser installed on a car.

It has come to our attention that member kamilclk430, sold the 2nd part we sent him weeks ago to test fit. Instead of him test fitting this part for us, he decided to ignore all communication with us, and instead go behind our back and sell this part we sent him for a profit. (he has 2 diffusers from us). He did not care about the group and must have sold his car and instead of telling us he cannot test fit it, he decided to profit off this. In my 10 years in the business, I have never dealt with anyone to do such a thing, it is pure disgusting and shows no class or professionalism. You can all thank member kamilclk430 for the delay you all encountered. It is hands down his fault why they were all not delivered the end of last month.

Thankfully there are still good people in the world, and the new owner of the part installed it and showed us pictures of it on his SL65 and it looks great!

Attached Thumbnails Carbon Fiber Diffuser Kit by EuroTek (group buy)-1.jpg   Carbon Fiber Diffuser Kit by EuroTek (group buy)-2.jpg   Carbon Fiber Diffuser Kit by EuroTek (group buy)-3.jpg   Carbon Fiber Diffuser Kit by EuroTek (group buy)-4.jpg   Carbon Fiber Diffuser Kit by EuroTek (group buy)-5.jpg  

Old 11-08-2011, 08:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 SL55
Scumbag....

Neal,

There are quite a lot of SCUMBAGS in the world like Kamil and I am certain the old adage of what goes around comes around will find him soon enough and repay the favor...

Thanks for letting everyone know who and what caused additional delays in your diffuser thread...

I hope he has the class to return the one he stole from you... we will see...
Old 11-08-2011, 09:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Several MB's Superperformance MK III Cobra
Originally Posted by EsEl
Neal,

There are quite a lot of SCUMBAGS in the world like Kamil and I am certain the old adage of what goes around comes around will find him soon enough and repay the favor...

Thanks for letting everyone know who and what caused additional delays in your diffuser thread...

From his actions so far, I would bet the farm on the fact that we will never hear from him again. The guy obviously is a big bag of wind as well as , speaking of bags, a Douchebag
Old 11-09-2011, 12:25 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by EsEl
Neal,

I agree that we will never hear from him again. He sold his car with the first one we sent, and sold the 2nd diffuser to make a quick profit. Still amazes me the kind of people in this world... He had no motive to do this, other then to f*ck me over as well as the rest of the group.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:23 AM

2005 SL65, 2012 Audi A8L, 1993 BMW 850Ci, 2004 Ducati 999S, 2008 Harley Softail Custom
Originally Posted by BlackC230Coupe
I agree that we will never hear from him again. He sold his car with the first one we sent, and sold the 2nd diffuser to make a quick profit. Still amazes me the kind of people in this world... He had no motive to do this, other then to f*ck me over as well as the rest of the group.
Classless individual...
Old 11-15-2011, 07:47 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Finally 3 more shipping today... A few more left and we will be all done this this group buy!

Attached Thumbnails Carbon Fiber Diffuser Kit by EuroTek (group buy)-imag0231r.jpg  
Old 11-15-2011, 08:26 PM

mtialjasdfljoe
Kamilclk430
I had been in contact with Neal from EuroteckMotorsports.com and was told once the GB at SL R230 Section is complete will gtry to do it for ours SL55.

I'm in!!!.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:31 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by Aifah0qua
Kamilclk430
I had been in contact with Neal from EuroteckMotorsports.com and was told once the GB at SL R230 Section is complete will gtry to do it for ours SL55.

I'm in!!!.
Come again please? This group buy is over....
Old 11-15-2011, 08:35 PM

Birel Shifter,2003 Ferrari ,1992 Mercedes 500E,Superformance Cobra,2005 SL55, 2004 996tt X50 PCCB
Willing to give up my spot

Neal, if anyone is interested, I am willing to give up my spot.
Seattle Kleemann
Old 11-15-2011, 08:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
04 CL55 (sold), 2012 CLS550 (sold), 2014 S550 (sold), 2015 ES300H (DAILY)
Originally Posted by Aifah0qua
Kamilclk430

I'm in!!!.
So you are "in" for a CL55 trunk spoiler and a SL55 diffuser?

I guess you aren't a broke 21yo after all seeing how you own two different AMGs
Old 11-15-2011, 10:09 PM

2008 SL65, 2006 SLK55(sold)
Here are some pics of another diffuser installed on a car.

It has come to our attention that member kamilclk430, sold the 2nd part we sent him weeks ago to test fit. Instead of him test fitting this part for us, he decided to ignore all communication with us, and instead go behind our back and sell this part we sent him for a profit. (he has 2 diffusers from us). He did not care about the group and must have sold his car and instead of telling us he cannot test fit it, he decided to profit off this. In my 10 years in the business, I have never dealt with anyone to do such a thing, it is pure disgusting and shows no class or professionalism. You can all thank member kamilclk430 for the delay you all encountered. It is hands down his fault why they were all not delivered the end of last month.

Thankfully there are still good people in the world, and the new owner of the part installed it and showed us pictures of it on his SL65 and it looks great!

Since I see Neal is nearing the end of all his hard work on this group buy I figured I should step forward and just say there is no doubt in my mind that the wait for this diffuser was well worth it, although somewhat painful for everyone. I am convinced you will all be very happy when you receive your diffusers. Believe me when I say it is absolutely beautiful and my pictures certainly do not do it any justice; it looks simply awesome in person. I got into the middle of the diffuser group buy quite by accident. I am not here to bash Kamil, as I don't pretend to understand why he did what he did. I became the owner of his diffuser but didn't know it was a test fit model. But, I am here to praise Neal for his hard work under very adverse conditions. When I learned that Neal's test fit model was in my possession and he was unaware what had transpired, I felt it was only right to contact Neal and do what I could to help get things back on track for him. I saw he was taking a lot of heat over things for which he had no control. So we worked together until I was able to get it fit and pictures forwarded to him. Thanks Neal for a job well done.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:25 AM

Now that people are getting theirs can anyone post some quick DIY install instructions/tips? SL652008..did you do your own?
Old 11-16-2011, 09:27 AM

Now that people are getting theirs can anyone post some quick DIY install instructions/tips? SL652008..did you do your own?
Yes, I did the install myself. From what I understand some car models may be a little different and instructions are supplied by EuroTek. So before following my instructions please refer to the EuroTek instructions because I haven't seen the latest revised set. Their instructions will probably be more helpful than mine. The actual install of the diffuser was very easy. The more time consuming, not necessarily difficult part, was getting the original mesh piece off. This brief guide is what I had to do on my SL65 and may not be correct for any other vehicle.

Jack up the vehicle and drop the bottom shield to expose the back of the bumper area. You will also have to drop the exhaust tips or the entire mufflers as well; fairly simple. I had to remove the ring clamp just before the differential which makes the connection between the front and rear exhaust pipes and disconnect the cross bracket holding left and right exhaust pipes together. Then rotate and slide the mufflers, and all pipe connected, forward to drop them from the hangers. Now you can move on to the rear mesh panel which is held on by spring clips which have to be removed; there were 10 on the SL65. Maybe there is a special tool which will make this easier or maybe someone has a better or more efficent may to remove them. I used a mini 90 degree awl, courtesy of Harbor Freight, to hook behind the "teeth" (not the back of the clip) on the clips and release their "bite" on the mesh framework. When these are removed the mesh pops off easily. At this point, follow the EuroTek instructions and you should be good to go. Now that I have done this once I could probably do the complete install in a little more than an hour.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:56 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally Posted by sl65amg2008
Since I see Neal is nearing the end of all his hard work on this group buy I figured I should step forward and just say there is no doubt in my mind that the wait for this diffuser was well worth it, although somewhat painful for everyone. I am convinced you will all be very happy when you receive your diffusers. Believe me when I say it is absolutely beautiful and my pictures certainly do not do it any justice; it looks simply awesome in person. I got into the middle of the diffuser group buy quite by accident. I am not here to bash Kamil, as I don't pretend to understand why he did what he did. I became the owner of his diffuser but didn't know it was a test fit model. But, I am here to praise Neal for his hard work under very adverse conditions. When I learned that Neal's test fit model was in my possession and he was unaware what had transpired, I felt it was only right to contact Neal and do what I could to help get things back on track for him. I saw he was taking a lot of heat over things for which he had no control. So we worked together until I was able to get it fit and pictures forwarded to him. Thanks Neal for a job well done.
Thank you very much. And also, thank you so much again for helping us out when Kamil fell threw. Thank god there are still good people in this world.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:48 PM

Thank you very much. And also, thank you so much again for helping us out when Kamil fell threw. Thank god there are still good people in this world.
Neal, you are quite welcome. Just glad I could help.
Old 11-18-2011, 06:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Several MB's Superperformance MK III Cobra
Originally Posted by sl65amg2008
Yes, I did the install myself. From what I understand some car models may be a little different and instructions are supplied by EuroTek. So before following my instructions please refer to the EuroTek instructions because I haven't seen the latest revised set. Their instructions will probably be more helpful than mine. The actual install of the diffuser was very easy. The more time consuming, not necessarily difficult part, was getting the original mesh piece off. This brief guide is what I had to do on my SL65 and may not be correct for any other vehicle.

Jack up the vehicle and drop the bottom shield to expose the back of the bumper area. You will also have to drop the exhaust tips or the entire mufflers as well; fairly simple. I had to remove the ring clamp just before the differential which makes the connection between the front and rear exhaust pipes and disconnect the cross bracket holding left and right exhaust pipes together. Then rotate and slide the mufflers, and all pipe connected, forward to drop them from the hangers. Now you can move on to the rear mesh panel which is held on by spring clips which have to be removed; there were 10 on the SL65. Maybe there is a special tool which will make this easier or maybe someone has a better or more efficent may to remove them. I used a mini 90 degree awl, courtesy of Harbor Freight, to hook behind the "teeth" (not the back of the clip) on the clips and release their "bite" on the mesh framework. When these are removed the mesh pops off easily. At this point, follow the EuroTek instructions and you should be good to go. Now that I have done this once I could probably do the complete install in a little more than an hour.
Behind the mesh there appears to be a dark grey piece of plastic? Did you have to remove it before installing the diffuser?

Thanks,
Old 11-19-2011, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by lkirchner
Behind the mesh there appears to be a dark grey piece of plastic? Did you have to remove it before installing the diffuser?

Thanks,
Yes, that is just a piece of plastic "sandwiched" between the mesh and the concave section of the lower bumper. It comes off with the mesh piece. The back of the diffuser then fits into that concave area where the mesh and plastic pieces were.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Carbon Fiber Diffuser Kit by EuroTek (group buy)