SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: WARNING - mercedesmanuals.com NOT SERIUSE BUSSINE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 03:07 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
SL55AMG + SL600 + E320 + A180
Angry WARNING - mercedesmanuals.com NOT SERIUSE BUSSINE

WARNING - mercedesmanuals.com NOT SERIUSE BUSSINE

Background story: I ordered a CDR repair manual "2003-2006 Mercedes-Benz 230 Chassis Star Factory Service Manual Library" to the price of $147 but they send me "STAR Service - Service Manual Library - Model 203"
Well – nothing wrong with a 203 but I don’t have such a car – I have a SL55AMG – so I returned it and asked them to send the new and correct item to my friend in Indiapolis since I have pay freight and tax for it once. I live in Europe - a total of $93) … and now it looks like I am going to pay that amount once more …. that brings the manual up to $333 (really hope it’s the correct manual this time ) – What ever happened to downloads?

Any way – If you planning to buy from mercedesmanuals.com, then I think you should read the following before ordering.

Online chat:
Please wait for the next available representative…
Klaus N Petersen: Why don't you never answer my emails or do as I asks you to by mail?There is 1 person in queue ahead of you. Thank you for your patience.
Sales: when did you send the email?
Klaus N Petersen: 9 may
Sales: What email address did you send the email to?
Klaus N Petersen: I replied on an email you send to me - the story goes like this: First you send me the wrong CDR - which I had to pay freight and custom tax - then I return the CDR to you and ask you to send it to my friend in Indiapolis - you do not; you send it once more to me here in Sweden - so I have to pay freight and custom tax once more ....
Klaus N Petersen: this email address: admin@mercedesmanuals.com
Sales: We do apologize but you are responsable for the taxes in the importion on the item you order.
Klaus N Petersen: I know that - but when you send me a wrong item .... the at least you could do is to answer me
Sales: we did we resent the item you needed.
Klaus N Petersen: Yes - but not to the address I ask you too
Sales: It does not matter what you asked us to do. You sent the Return Policy you were given your RMA# and Instructions.
Klaus N Petersen: Will you give me a conformation that you have received the wrong item from me and the value of it so I can apply for at least the custom tax?
Sales: Look if you can''t afford the taxes then you should not order things out of your country.
Klaus N Petersen: What have that to do with it?
Sales: that is what you are *****ing about.
Klaus N Petersen: What kind of tone is that? It is you that send me a wrong item - don’t you try to make it my mistake - If you’re not competent enough to put the correct item in box and send the half way around the world, then you should find something ells to do
Sales: look ******* mistake happen.
Sales: you sent it back we fixed it,
Klaus N Petersen: I can see your not a grown person - I will certainly put this up on the board of the MBWorld.org - you can be quite sure about that -
Sales: yes you are so adult too.
Sales: crying over the taxes you are responiable for anyways.
Klaus N Petersen: I have the hole conversation - maybe it is my mistake after all - I took your Internet site serious but I see now that it's humbug and cheats
Sales: lol you an idoit
Sales: so have a great day.

The he terminated the conversation. Hmmm – I don’t know about you guys but I will never purchase anything from them again …

Last edited by amok55amg; 05-13-2011 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Little ordering of text - wrongful information
Old 05-14-2011, 11:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 76 Posts
SL55, ML500 & Acura TL
Wow! Looks like an all time low for customer service. As consumers,we have one major weapon. Share the negative experience with our friends and anyone else who will listen.
Old 05-14-2011, 07:47 PM
alx
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 247 Likes on 213 Posts
I can tell you one thing- your demeanor sure didn't do you any favors...

Just a random thought...