SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Anybody experience any resentment or jealouse with their SL?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 07:57 PM
B R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 Taco
Originally Posted by sound 8
Oh dear, I feel for you. Lets face it we buy cars mainly for the looks, you
may not be a poser, but you like to see your car get the looks. I think the
trouble with the SL55 ( i never had many looks in mine too ) is that the
front is typically Mercedes and similar to some of the lowlier models. Sure
it was pretty, but now days you need brute ugly, loads of bling and aggressive styling. This is the honest truth, when I got my 63 the first day
I had it I had a group of people at the petrol station, asking me questions,
all my friends wanted to hear the exhaust over and over, then that night picking up a take out a gang of guys almost stopped me from driving off.
Then when I started up they were star struck and refused to believe
it was a standard exhaust. If you look at all cars, they are all becoming
outrageous in the looks dept, even Jaguar are bringing out louder more
attractive looking cars.
That's ok, I appreciate your sympathy , but I didn't really get my SL for the attention, so it's fine. Now my previous car, a silver Qvale, did definitely get a lot of attention, which was fun for the 3 years I had it .
Old 05-24-2011, 10:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Several MB's Superperformance MK III Cobra
Originally Posted by cal1
Well, this isn't the bonnet, but is it close enough?

For those of you who won't notice, there is an SL in the picture. The old timers to MBW have seen this and are maybe tired of it or maybe not

I'm glad that you brought to my attention that there is an SL in the picture! Also how could you ever get tired of that view?
Old 05-27-2011, 09:22 AM

2011 350 Blue Tec, 2008 ML 320 CDI, 2004 SL55 AMG
all positive all the time..... great car...
Old 05-28-2011, 01:39 AM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
2005 C55 AMG - 2018 340i - 2006 SL55 AMG - Sold
When I had my 2006, I got compliments all the time from people of all ages. The car attracted a lot of attention.

Only twice did I get "hated on"

- I was driving down Garnet Street in Pacific Beach at a crawl and felt something hit the side of my head. I look in the passenger seat and see a wad of gum. I looked to my left and scanned the side walk to see who threw the gum at me but no one owned up to it. However I suspect the 3 "bangers" (with white socks pulled up to their knees and jean shorts down to their ankles) were responsible. I just laughed and drove off. Hell, the next weekend I had a group of 8 girls on Garnet run up to me at a light and ask me for a ride. LOL. I win.

- At a stop light in La Jolla I was rocking out to some music. A guy in his 40's pulled up next to me, glared at me, and shook his head. I'm not sure if he didn't like me, the music, the car, or all three...but I could care less. He was driving a Kia SUV. Again...I win.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:18 PM

SL65
My dog is jealous of my SL....I won't let him in it.
Old 05-30-2011, 02:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
SL 63 W/B AMG , S600,C220
Originally Posted by migg48
My dog is jealous of my SL....I won't let him in it.
Whether it's an SL or any nice convertible, when you overtake a lorry you quite often get something wet thrown out the window, and it's not a cola,
yes you guessed it. another thing people do when I am behind is decide to use their windscreen washers a lot, which means backing back, then the car behind you gets angry. Jelousy is a bad thing.