SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Court Ordered: SpeeDriven Management (Step inside to see the REAL 1001 + HP pkgs)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 12:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
as I said I could be wrong, but the Inner Diameter on Stock runners is about the size of a pinky finger..
Old 07-09-2011, 12:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
ie Stocker Log manifolds are cast iron & incredibly thick vs these NEW Stainless Steel manifolds aren't nearly 1+ inches thick.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E320
Anything New here ?
Old 08-11-2011, 06:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
New content & dynos in couple weeks!
Old 08-16-2011, 11:30 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E 55
Anything new with this yet? Im dying to here if this kit is a sucess without extensive modifications as I would love to get bigger turbos and manifolds installed on my car!! Any updates would be great!
Old 08-22-2011, 01:26 AM
Banned

E 55
I the feeling this R&D didn't make it to production? Almost 3 months and nothing?
Old 08-22-2011, 12:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
lol some of you gum flappers are just that.... Majority of the group w/highest criticism don't even own a 600/65 TT let alone an sl500 lol.. Too funny thnx for the laughs..

I look fwd to your comments when my Premier SpeeDriven kit is installed & on display @ SEMA in Vegas this November..
Old 08-22-2011, 01:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
Hey Sean,

I may have missed it somewhere. Are you increasing the cooling capacity, other than the top mounts? Larger H/E, rear tank, etc...? I would assume so, since it appears you're leaving no stoned unturned with this build.

Eagerly awaiting 1/4 trap speeds.
Old 08-22-2011, 02:22 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Look forward to the results homie!

You car just keeps pushing the envelope!!!
Old 08-22-2011, 03:17 PM
Banned

E 55
Originally Posted by Thericker
lol some of you gum flappers are just that.... Majority of the group w/highest criticism don't even own a 600/65 TT let alone an sl500 lol.. Too funny thnx for the laughs..

I look fwd to your comments when my Premier SpeeDriven kit is installed & on display @ SEMA in Vegas this November..
Your right and of that majority most drive the entry V12 600's and not the 65s. "let alone an sl500 lol" I would love to see this turbo kit built ive talked with Marcin run some of there products I just want to see it come into production theres a big difference between a kit on your car and EV12 and a streamline bolt on kit ready for market. My comments were based on lack of info or updates I can assure you when its ready or if its ever in full production wether today, tommorow, or next month ill order it. But anyways it looks to me as if your the only one being condescending towards others and what "you think they might or might not have" An 05 SL600 is far from being a baddest thing on the road..... Yes this kit will be great on your car but even better on a 65 or 65BS
Old 08-22-2011, 05:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
hmm i never said my sl was the badest thing on the road?? There's ALWAYS SOMETHING faster around the corner.. ps the 65 will NOT make anymore hp/tq vs 600 w/same SpeeDriven upgrades, the minute displacement ie half a liter has ZERO bearing on overall power output.

It's ALL in TURBO SIZING, ie how do you figure the latest GTR w/6 banger makes 1200-1400 HP?? or the old Supras w/6 cylinders hmmmmm Huge Turbo's lol @ your elitist attitude & newbie comments..

If you'd cool your heels & excercise a bit of patience, instead of blurting unbridaled ignorance you'd of read my post above that stated..

"Updates/Dynos due in a couple weeks" that was ONLY 11 days ago, chill out guy & grab some popcorn.. I'll be eagerly awaiting progress of your upcoming Premier Pkg purchase
Old 08-22-2011, 05:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Thnx Sun!
Clay, I'll have the new larger IC's in combination to ALL other bits in Premier GT3582r pkg.. I swear the 5.5 gall res is the 2nd best mod for ANY V12 tt, 1st would be quality ECU/TCU tunes..
Old 08-22-2011, 05:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
Eagerly awaiting 1/4 trap speeds.
exactly...amen brother! Sean you can win as many shows or hot import nights or sema booths...but the real thing is the trap and e.t. bro ...that's what marks the success of the build from a performance perspective...when r ya gonna have some numbers for us?

good luck man with everything, we know you've got some serious coin tied up in that car, now lets see how she rolls!
Old 08-22-2011, 07:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
I'm not worried about 1/4 mi @ this point etc will def boltup my lightweight clk 16"s n' Hoosiers after we make wider spacers.. For comparo just look @ what our local track star Clay did w/his sl600 only mods ecu/tcu & 18"s dooood ran 11.15 I'm certain my SL's just as fast in present form (we share the same Tuner OE
Jeremy, & I've done every mod possible etc) I kno..I kno variables ahoy but considering all the data accumulated over tge yrs on these rigs ie Jayson/Clayton in 600's plethora of trk data + all SL65 guys Treynor (ecu/tcu/drag setup only) + all my street runs w/plenty of fast rides new Z06's streetbikes etc.. She's easily a 10.9x in Claytons hands
Old 08-22-2011, 07:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
I'm not worried about 1/4 mi @ this point etc will def boltup my lightweight clk 16"s n' Hoosiers after we make wider spacers.. For comparo just look @ what our local track star Clay did w/his sl600 only mods ecu/tcu & 18"s dooood ran 11.15 I'm certain my SL's just as fast in present form (we share the same Tuner OE
Jeremy, & I've done every mod possible etc) I kno..I kno variables ahoy but considering all the data accumulated over tge yrs on these rigs ie Jayson/Clayton in 600's plethora of trk data + all SL65 guys Treynor (ecu/tcu/drag setup only) + all my street runs w/plenty of fast rides new Z06's streetbikes etc.. She's easily a 10.9x in Claytons hands
no doubt she'll be fast bro...we just want to see with the speeddriven stuff how much of a change that would make... your car would post it's optimal times with Clay (or someone like him) in it. I ran a 12.3 stock with canned Eurocharged tune on street tires on 19's stock...Clay ran consistant 12.0 times in my car...now with some mods we have yet to run her but hoping to have the car ready to run in the fall/early winter with less humidity and better DA & cooler temps.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Eurocharged 2004 E500, Eurocharged ECU/TCU 2005 SL600, 2010 Caddy SwaggerWagon
I think if your car was at the same track, same day, that I made my 11.1x runs, your car would've been in the high 10s. Hell, if I'd have just loaded up the converter a bit on launch, I'd have been close I think. We had the perfect storm of race day weather. I've got my signature update locked and loaded when you get her out to the track.

I data logged IAT today, in 80* ambient. No hard pulls, but lazy driving, my IATs were at 115-125. When I throttled her a bit, it came down to low 100s. On super hot summer days, I hover around 130, and 160 in stop and go traffic! Cooling MUST be a part of V12 tuning. And the 55K guys think THEY have cooling issues....

Originally Posted by Sunir
no doubt she'll be fast bro...we just want to see with the speeddriven stuff how much of a change that would make... your car would post it's optimal times with Clay (or someone like him) in it. I ran a 12.3 stock with canned Eurocharged tune on street tires on 19's stock...Clay ran consistant 12.0 times in my car...now with some mods we have yet to run her but hoping to have the car ready to run in the fall/early winter with less humidity and better DA & cooler temps.
Meh, I just neutral-dropped that blicky!

BTW, got your VM. Lets get together at one of the Maple Run meets soon. I have new wheels coming for the SL, so I'll probably get her out to a show in a few weeks. Plus, I need to get some seat time in your SL, before the next track day. I have a feeling, it's gonna pucker my sphincter. So, gotta prepare myself for that.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Sunir
no doubt she'll be fast bro...we just want to see with the speeddriven stuff how much of a change that would make... your car would post it's optimal times with Clay (or someone like him) in it. I ran a 12.3 stock with canned Eurocharged tune on street tires on 19's stock...Clay ran consistant 12.0 times in my
car...now with some mods we
have yet to run her but hoping
to have the car ready to run in
the fall/early winter with less
humidity and better DA & cooler
temps.
Word! I hear ya n' tot agree... I'm just as curious to see what
she'll (@ least Trap) after
Premier Pkg it's gonna be a
challenge to hook in any gear ie
we're talking 850-900 rwhp on
91 pump @ only 20 psi w/GT35
kit (the upcoming Dyno testing is
on a stage below w/GT30 kit, itll
easily make 800+ rwhp on 91
pump gas)

I'll be happy w/STOUT Trap speed, I'd venture a realistic
Trap speed (if we're in 900 rwhp
range?) should be in low 140-
145mph trap area but who knows how it'll all go dwn? That's best case scenario. That power levels insane but if it
doesn't hook it wont translate to
squat..Literally lol..

I'm goin ALL IN as they say in
Poker Trans clutch packs will
b upgraded (luckily ALL Biturbo
600/65 models come OEM
w/Maybach Tranny's in order to
handle the Epic-Beard-Man TQ
levels inside joke to my OG's)

New VERY Special Lightweight 2 piece Rotors are being made among other integral drivtrain
components (borrowing a page
frm Renntechs recipe book on
SGC's rig

It ran & currently holds the World Record for ANY
Mercedes Benz reportedly on
stock Turbs & stock IC's lol
anyhow RennTechs CL65
record 10.27 @ 138mph it Dyno'd 708 rwhp 850 rwtq, 60'
time wasn't stellar either 1.61 (I'll
bet 1 of my Figs Jayson or
Clayton cudve cut a sub 1.60 IE
1.58 or better in that Renn CL65. It's NO lightweight either
4400+ lbs @ curb w/out driver.

SL600 weighs 4200-4250 lbs
(mines lost a couple hundo thru
bodykit & all exhaust work +
removed spare & roadside
emergency kit/tools/etc so it
really could add up nicely @
4000 lbs & 850-900 rwhp or more depending on psi & Race Tune, again ALL just theory @
this point but def heading in
right direction.... If it can get
traction? I certainly have acres
of realestate w/widebody maybe
see some 325-335 Hoosiers
out back?? Time will tell...

If I can't tame her? I'll see if Marcin, Jay, or Clayton wants to set a new record
Old 08-23-2011, 04:49 PM
Banned

E 55
[quote=Thericker;4803137]hmm i never said my sl was the badest thing on the road?? There's ALWAYS SOMETHING faster around the corner.. ps the 65 will NOT make anymore hp/tq vs 600 w/same SpeeDriven upgrades, the minute displacement ie half a liter has ZERO bearing on overall power output.

Camshafts are slightly different, bigger intercooler, fuel injectors, as well along with the displacement is only minute yes and will gain a minute amount of more power. To say it has "ZERO bearing on overall power" Just goes to show no matter how glued to the computer you are and number of posts made and tacky wide body kits installed still reveal ignorant people. ZERO is just foolish to say.

It's ALL in TURBO SIZING, ie how do you figure the latest GTR w/6 banger makes 1200-1400 HP?? or the old Supras w/6 cylinders hmmmmm Huge Turbo's lol @ your elitist attitude & newbie comments..

-DO you understand how HP is calculated?? Once again you think your high post counts some how negates your need for facts. The GTR'S redline at 7000 Quite and bit more then the V12tt soo with (Torque x Engine speed) / 5,252 = Horsepower With your current comparison to GTR's and supras are cars with "6 bangers" are just ignorant, so should are cars make 2400-2800hp because there 12cylinders?? Seems that your implying that based on your apples to oranges comparison. Your high post give you no credibility to me Sir and you are making foolish statements.

If you'd cool your heels & excercise a bit of patience, instead of blurting unbridaled ignorance you'd of read my post above that stated..

Once again, never said your car wasn't being built or completed and from your comments your car is a show car going to sema and with comments that your not worried about 1/4mile times and such so thats a far CRY from being a package that is ready for the masses thats what I was eluding to in earlier comments that you seem to ignore....
Old 08-23-2011, 05:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
lol 65 & 600 share the EXACT SAME INTERCOOLERS & cai setup... I can't even wade thru ur internet fail @ quoting etc... have a good 1 guy! lastly fuel injectors etc will b upgraded on both 600/65 models w/larger turbo kits.. Again I look fwd to watching your progress when u eventually purchase the Premier Pkg frm SpeeDriven.. enuf gum flappn already... all these newbs sprouting like shrooms since pricing on these autos has fallen w/in reach of every dik
w/ears lol..
Old 08-23-2011, 07:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
BTW, got your VM. Lets get together at one of the Maple Run meets soon. I have new wheels coming for the SL, so I'll probably get her out to a show in a few weeks. Plus, I need to get some seat time in your SL, before the next track day. I have a feeling, it's gonna pucker my sphincter. So, gotta prepare myself for that.
sounds good man let me know next time you're free and want to hang out...would love to check out the new wheels on your car, and we can take a drive in mine as well Hopefully you will like it!
Old 08-23-2011, 11:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Updates as promised from Marcin/SpeeDriven, Motor & new GT30r Turbs & latest SS Manifolds installed back into a*well known members CL*
just pix for now, Dyno's due*
shortly..*

Hopefully this latest update*
will slightly ease the over anxious latest resident expert from Massengill-Tuning I.E."mxzxracer16"*from complaining about a kit he can't even afford? Jeez what's to complain about?? a 1001 HP TT upgrade taking 12+wks to bring to gen public????

I'll bet Massengill16 doesn't even buy a kit after ALL his blowhard posturing & uniformed BS wikipedia ramblings, my favorite is his lesson on HP calculation????*
the V12tt soo with (Torque x
*Engine speed) / 5,252 =*
Horsepower
With your*
current comparison to GTR's*
and supras are cars with "6*
bangers" are just ignorant,
Talk about missing the boat literally?? Who's ignorant? you're what the Medical Psych-Ward or Po-Po's refer to as a 51/50... My extremely simple point on how the larger more efficient the Turbo's used, the larger the final HP output will be. Turbo *SIZING is the defining factor vs engine Displacement, on Turbocharged app's.. Then Rambling #2 the 65 has larger Intercoolers vs the 600!*Hmmm really??? lol..
Originally Posted by Massengillr16
*bigger intercooler, fuel injectors, as well along with the displacement
Followed by this golden ESL sentence
"Your high post give you no*
credibility to me Sir and you are
*making foolish statements."
Again, thanks for the comedy!!! very entertaining
Old 08-24-2011, 12:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Vath ML63 Brabus C63 SL63 CLK63BS C63BS
Hey Thericker

Firstly i am a big fan of your build BUT how come you have to rip into everyone who doesnt seem to agree with you. Having read many of your albeit entertaining posts i have to comment that I have never seen an MBWorld poster spew out more vitriol to fellow forum members. I have been here for 4 years and feel that i can comment with some level of authority on this particular topic.

Lighten up mate !
Old 08-24-2011, 11:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Im sorry you take it that way bud, but I give back just as much as I recieve. If you can't see where the newbie added plenty of unwarranted insults & my need to retort? that is your opinion & I respect that..
Old 08-24-2011, 02:12 PM
Banned

E 55
-Shame shame shame you spew more Artifical facts and stupidity yet again this time ill introuduce some evidence of your ignorance to mercedes different model and build charateristics, FIRST the SL65's run a 722.932 AS well as the Maybachs, yours runs a 722.649 which is nearly identical to the 722.642 besides the final drive of first gear that are ran behind the 55k cars. The 65's transmissions have a upgraded clutch packs and a stronger carrier along with planetary gear sets.

-And now Im sure you are also going to believe that axles are the same and the only difference in the LSD of the 65's too, well no the 65's run a 230350661 they are larger diameter halfshafts then whats in the 600's a 2303856210.

-And here we go some more your intercooler is smaller not sure where or why you seem to make up what ever fictious thing you feel like but im here to help clear up your misconseption and flase statements with some facts.....You intercooler is shared with the 220's 600's and its as follows 2205002503 and the 65s in the sl run a 2305000403 which is a higher capacity factory intercooler but hell you will probably ignore the facts and commence forth in an "Epic-Beard-Man" debacle. Everything you state has been unravelling and disproven, once again your post count means nothing to me and this should go to show your credibility on facts and the way you carry yourself threw a debate in this post is just apauling.

I have a do run speedriven products and have not one ill thing to say about them as I stated earlier; also I did say I would if the ever do offer a complete kit bolton kit buy it in a second. But as for you......Never mind the real FACTS presented speak for themself. Any other brain teezers or facts you have ready for me to dispel?? Just try and keep the forums a place where people can get accurate facts and not fiction lord knows with your post count how many "santa clause" type myths you've created.

I'm goin ALL IN as they say in
Poker Trans clutch packs will
b upgraded (luckily ALL Biturbo
600/65 models come OEM
w/Maybach Tranny's in order to
handle the Epic-Beard-Man TQ
levels inside joke to my OG's)

New VERY Special Lightweight 2 piece Rotors are being made among other integral drivtrain
components (borrowing a page
frm Renntechs recipe book on
SGC's rig

It ran & currently holds the World Record for ANY
Mercedes Benz reportedly on
stock Turbs & stock IC's lol
anyhow RennTechs CL65
record 10.27 @ 138mph it Dyno'd 708 rwhp 850 rwtq, 60'
time wasn't stellar either 1.61 (I'll
bet 1 of my Figs Jayson or
Clayton cudve cut a sub 1.60 IE
1.58 or better in that Renn CL65. It's NO lightweight either
4400+ lbs @ curb w/out driver.

SL600 weighs 4200-4250 lbs
(mines lost a couple hundo thru
bodykit & all exhaust work +
removed spare & roadside
emergency kit/tools/etc so it
really could add up nicely @
4000 lbs & 850-900 rwhp or more depending on psi & Race Tune, again ALL just theory @
this point but def heading in
right direction.... If it can get
traction? I certainly have acres
of realestate w/widebody maybe
see some 325-335 Hoosiers
out back?? Time will tell...

If I can't tame her? I'll see if Marcin, Jay, or Clayton wants to set a new record[/quote]
Old 08-24-2011, 02:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
I have to make a correction, & MAIN reason I took offense to mxzxracer16's unneeded assinine comments, this thread started on 6/29/11, today is 8/24/11 the ENTIRE TT KIT/Project is entering Dyno testing as we speak. It has been IE 7 weeks & change as of TODAY & this guys ONLY commentary is PURE negative drivel. & INCORRECT timeline, *stating it's been (3) months & NOTHING? seriously this is why I take offense, posters like this F'ing up this thread due to their own FLAT IGNORANCE..
Originally Posted by mxzxracer16
Anything new with this yet? Im dying to here if this kit is a sucess without extensive modifications as I would love to get bigger turbos and manifolds installed on my car!! Any updates would be great!
I've been updating it regularly, w/pix/detailed tech info etc..Only to see his continued misguided rambling BS.. He posted this lame krap below on 8/21/11 EXACTLY 53 days since this project/thread started, IE NOT 3 months ago, NOR w/no UPDATES & pix WTH? try 1 month 23 days ago..

I the feeling this R&D didn't make it to production? Almost 3 months and nothing?
You're Just ruining this thread w/TOTALLY inaccurate timelines & generally negative BS why? Please just stay out of this thread until you can reread ALL content & actually participate w/usefull facts or pertinent questions. Thank you!
*I just want to see it come into production theres a big difference between a kit on your car and EV12 and a streamline bolt on kit ready for market. My comments were based on lack of info or updates*I can assure you when its ready or if its ever in full production wether today, tommorow, or next month ill order it

Again this Prototype kit isn't installed on my 600 or Jody's EV12??? It's actually on a CL65, & enately different than what Jody built. & made to be completely BOLT-ON no welding or cutting (again if you'd of read this on page 1? I wouldn't need to waste my time repeating this info, more so doing it to get this thread back on track etc..

This NEW ANARCHY kit literally has zero shared parts, from the 1- off manifolds to the Turbo's on Jody's EV12. They are ALL different from sizing of Turbo's & more importantly age of Turbo-technology. This LATEST build from SpeeDriven includes the top of the line Garrett has to offer, matched to the engine size of these v12's to minimize ANY Turbo lag etc..*

ALL this could've been avoided if this impatient poster would've read & comprehended this info as it was/is ALL posted clearly @ begining of this thread again a mere 7 weeks ago...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Court Ordered: SpeeDriven Management (Step inside to see the REAL 1001 + HP pkgs)