SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Car started going all wild after car wash....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 12:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
M6 Gran Coupe
Car started going all wild after car wash....

This happened 6 months ago, too, after I went through an automatic car wash.
I get out of the car wash last....drive maybe 2 miles....and the service brake visit workshop and a light error with visit workshop shows up, too. I notice my driver low beam is out...as was my passenger side sidemarker and parking light on that side. I get out....turn car off. Obviously, the car is in park....ignition off. Yet, the red "put car in park" warning sign is on in dash. I notice the driver side high beam seems to had built up some moisture in it since it was a bit foggy. Anyways, I tried turning lights off and then back in....and I could see the three lights that were out all try to come out....low beam keep flickering...parking light is going crazy, etc.

Anyways, after an hour, everything was fine. My guess is something got wet and it was haywire for a bit...like I said, same thing happened in July but it stopped after a few hours and never did it again.....and that was also seconds after taking car out of car wash.

Is there some sort of computer or sensor under the hood that I controls all this? I want to make sure I'm if there is a cover for it....that it's on securely or not missing altogether.