SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Turbo Size's and Make question?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 02:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
SL 63 W/B AMG , S600,C220
Hey, can anyone suggest what next to do with my SL65. Re mapped and
a Johnson pump, so bigger intercoolers if so where do I buy them,
USA or Europe I don't mind and are they hard to fit.
More sugestions please.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
N/A
Originally Posted by AMG-Driver
@ Got the Benz

When I am in a good temper and you are nice to me, maybe I will make a High-Speed Video or at least GPS-Proof of my SL65 on the German Autobahn.

But before I will do this, I will get a set of new (special rated) tyres, because this run is going to be VERY FAST.
AMG-Driver,

A wiseman once said, "with maturity should come wisdom."

Wisdom is knowing that wether another is "nice" to you or not,
it shouldn't affect how your "temper" is. Should it?

My reply to you was not meant to be "un-nice". It is factual.
You spoke in hippocricy---which is a mistake on your part.

You seem to know you mispoke because you didn't even address
what I revealed, but you chose to diverge on "VERY FAST"

The video you speak of; would prove nothing to your first point, but
would only prove that SL65's are very fast. Uhh, wow---really!?

You may of lost your memory on the Autobahn, but "VERY FAST" was
NOT the subject of debate here.

The point was best performance with VALUE. For which you've not made.

Be wise. Admit your mistakes. Move on. Enjoy awesome cars--not B.S.

-R
Old 03-11-2013, 04:17 PM

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
SL65 R230
STOP talking BS to me you Jerk!!

Better take the chance to LEARN from others, who have more insight. I don't have to excuse for anything here.

SL65 will last with the Speedriven HP Numbers, SL600 will NOT without internal changes.
When Speedriven makes 1000HP with an SL600 and does not change engine internals, I know what this means. I even don't have to know Marcin for this conclusion.

There are differences in the engine itself, but I will NOT tell them here. This is the Tuners part to find out. Maybe SL600 with this will last in the U.S. or middle east but not in the longrun on the German Autobahn!!

And even a whole One-Mile Run is not enough to proof reliabilty in the long run.

But I think the main point is the different view in different markets.

U.S. want to make as much power as possible for a short blast, and in Germany we want much Power and it MUST Last under hard, sustained drive on the UNLIMITED Autobahn. This is a big difference.

A HIGH-Speed Video from the Autobahn could give you a good insight of what I think is good and reliable Tuning (usable Power-Band, good accelarating figures from 200 KM/H to V-Max) + Has ANYONE made his homework according to Tyres here above 200 MPH in such a heavy car??? I Did mine...

But from what I see this NOT interesting enough...

I think the Best is you stay in "Your Car-World" and I will stay in mine.
And everything is fine.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:43 PM

N/A
Originally Posted by AMG-Driver
STOP talking BS to me you Jerk!!

Better take the chance to LEARN from others, who have more insight. I don't have to excuse for anything here.

SL65 will last with the Speedriven HP Numbers, SL600 will NOT without internal changes.
When Speedriven makes 1000HP with an SL600 and does not change engine internals, I know what this means. I even don't have to know Marcin for this conclusion.

There are differences in the engine itself, but I will NOT tell them here. This is the Tuners part to find out. Maybe SL600 with this will last in the U.S. or middle east but not in the longrun on the German Autobahn!!

And even a whole One-Mile Run is not enough to proof reliabilty in the long run.

But I think the main point is the different view in different markets.

U.S. want to make as much power as possible for a short blast, and in Germany we want much Power and it MUST Last under hard, sustained drive on the UNLIMITED Autobahn. This is a big difference.

A HIGH-Speed Video from the Autobahn could give you a good insight of what I think is good and reliable Tuning (usable Power-Band, good accelarating figures from 200 KM/H to V-Max) + Has ANYONE made his homework according to Tyres here above 200 MPH in such a heavy car??? I Did mine...

But from what I see this NOT interesting enough...

I think the Best is you stay in "Your Car-World" and I will stay in mine.
And everything is fine.
"you Jerk!" : The final destination of a shallow mind is insults. --Ghandi

"take chance to LEARN from others..." : We're all still waiting for your
"secrets" and mind-boggling insights. But thus far, all we've seen is
childish rants and insecure puffery...

Oh, and lets not forget a god-complex that can know what others
know---without even knowing them. And a delusion that you're
ALL KNOWING, and us mere mortals must be grateful and in
total aww of your (not yet seen) vast knowledge

Ok, we in this lower-minded world are waiting breathlessly...

-R
Old 03-11-2013, 05:37 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SpeedRiven SL600, ML320CDI
Guys, take it easy.

65 vs 600 debate is really funny. Is 65 a more powerful and advanced engine, yes. It is 15K better than 600, NO !

As for turbos, I would not call other vendor's stuff crap, but they are yet to prove their products are at least as good as SpeedRiven. Never mind the fact that those turbos should be at least twice as good when you take price into account.

Just MHO,
Igor.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:14 PM

Received 75 Likes on 44 Posts
I have had the worst experience with Marcia at speedriven, i have sent him my V12 Brabus Bullit ECU and TCU and paid for remap for both computers, unfortunatly he only remapped my ECU and never came back on the TCU, what worst was that the car had extreme knocking and always went on to limb mood under full throttle! I really admired what i have read about speedriven and there great numbers but they didn't live up to it in my experience. Because of them i decided to ship my car to Germany to get it all redone and figured out by GAD-Motors, my car did 870HP on a DynoFlow with the wheel breaking lose on the dyno, thanks to there new turbo upgrade intercoolers and ECU remap!
Old 03-11-2013, 06:26 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by dbasons55
I have had the worst experience with Marcia at speedriven, i have sent him my V12 Brabus Bullit ECU and TCU and paid for remap for both computers, unfortunatly he only remapped my ECU and never came back on the TCU, what worst was that the car had extreme knocking and always went on to limb mood under full throttle! I really admired what i have read about speedriven and there great numbers but they didn't live up to it in my experience. Because of them i decided to ship my car to Germany to get it all redone and figured out by GAD-Motors, my car did 870HP on a DynoFlow with the wheel breaking lose on the dyno, thanks to there new turbo upgrade intercoolers and ECU remap!

There is no way to make everyone happy in this business. Did you speak to Marcin directly (not someone else at SR) and he could not help you ?

There is a big chance that Marcin might not even be aware of your issue, but I will stay out of this one.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by AccelToronto
There is no way to make everyone happy in this business. Did you speak to Marcin directly (not someone else at SR) and he could not help you ?

There is a big chance that Marcin might not even be aware of your issue, but I will stay out of this one.
I have got fed up of sending emails that where not replied and yes it was Marcia I was emailing direct, as you have said there is no way you can keep everyone happy in this business that's why I went to someone that can I am happy my car runs hard and strong 1400+ NM curve will definitely put a smile on my face and I am flying this weekend to run her in the Autobahn
Old 03-11-2013, 06:53 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

I have got fed up of sending emails that where not replied and yes it was Marcia I was emailing direct, as you have said there is no way you can keep everyone happy in this business that's why I went to someone that can I am happy my car runs hard and strong 1400+ NM curve will definitely put a smile on my face and I am flying this weekend to run her in the Autobahn
I am sure that "someone else" also has unhappy clients.

Not sure who Marcia is

As I said before, I am staying out of this.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:54 PM

N/A
Originally Posted by AccelToronto
Guys, take it easy.

65 vs 600 debate is really funny. Is 65 a more powerful and advanced engine, yes. It is 15K better than 600, NO !

As for turbos, I would not call other vendor's stuff crap, but they are yet to prove their products are at least as good as SpeedRiven. Never mind the fact that those turbos should be at least twice as good when you take price into account.

Just MHO,
Igor.
Igor, I see your effort to be reasonable

My reply to AMG-Driver was not about 600 vs 65 (See the posts below).

My case and points to AMG-Driver are:

a.that DCMETRO22Z was EMPHASIZING "overpriced", not "crap".

b.that AMG-Driver talked in hippocrisy; when he said "Marcin doesn't
know....(on one hand)", then "I don't know Marcin or Speedriven...(on the other hand). That is hippocrisy

c.that we're all waiting for AMG-Driver (aka ALL KNOWING) to
bless us (his own belief) with his "secret knowledge."

I am not trying to be rude---just factual in my statemens of
AMG-Driver. Of which, he has done nothing to disprove

Thank you Igor,

-R
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCMETRO22Z
Yeah I' sure
Speedriven offers a package with upgraded turbos.

There are 3 companies wich can upgrade your turbochargers.

MKB : Overpriced European Crap

Brabus : Overpriced European Crap

Speedriven : Great Company http://tuningbible.com/?page_id=1158

@Professor DC Metro22Z

I don't write often here in the American Forum, but if I read such a bull**** I can't resist. MKB and Brabus is overpriced, correct. But its tested Quality and you can drive without any problems pedal to the metal on sustained rides on the German Autobahn! Not only for Cruisin or Quarter Mile like in the US. Everyone can install bigger Turbos, but only a few can make it last on the German Autobahn. And the testing is expensive. Speeddrivens package will NOT last here in Germany at least not in the SL600. I know some secrets you don't know but will not tell them because you write such bull**** like 'European Crap'.I would recommend to try it with Speeddriven and wish you good luck or even better change to a US-Car if you think Europeans build crap...

Read more: https://mbworld.org/forums/sl55-amg-...#ixzz2NH2MmWm6
Old 03-11-2013, 07:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts
CL65
Everyone needs to relax with the my company and country is better than yours... followed by I'm done but I'll still try to get the last word in...

Point is everyone has opinions and its up to us to take them for what they are worth and develop our own thoughts... I am interested and curious to see what else is being offered and the results that are out there for the V12s. There can be many knowledgeable people out there doing very different things. Who knows, combining concepts and designs could help us ALL with a better product than what currently exists. Its foolish to think one person/company knows everything no matter where they are from. To the guy running his car at the Autobahn, please video and post pics, not for the sake of proof, but for us to enjoy. We don't have stretches of roads here in the States that allow us to reach the types of speeds you can.(without breaking the law or putting others at risk). Also it would be great to see pics under the hood, I admire a nice clean design. Enjoy your trip!!!
Old 03-11-2013, 07:55 PM

N/A
Originally Posted by RaceHorse
Everyone needs to relax with the my company and country is better than yours... followed by I'm done but I'll still try to get the last word in...

Point is everyone has opinions and its up to us to take them for what they are worth and develop our own thoughts... I am interested and curious to see what else is being offered and the results that are out there for the V12s. There can be many knowledgeable people out there doing very different things. Who knows, combining concepts and designs could help us ALL with a better product than what currently exists. Its foolish to think one person/company knows everything no matter where they are from. To the guy running his car at the Autobahn, please video and post pics, not for the sake of proof, but for us to enjoy. We don't have stretches of roads here in the States that allow us to reach the types of speeds you can.(without breaking the law or putting others at risk). Also it would be great to see pics under the hood, I admire a nice clean design. Enjoy your trip!!!
+1 Agree with everything you posted above.

Speaking for me only, the time I've spent on this thread, has nothing
to do with measuring "companies or countries."

It has to do with human decency, integrity, and AMG-Driver's hippocricy.

When a AMG-Driver states what Marcin knows (or don't), without
ever knowing him. That's more than an "opinion", as you said.

It's biased on hippocricy--sure. And bordering on slander.

I have no horse in Speedriven or anger with Eurotuners. Love speed!

My points is, be a decent and integris human being and
not SLANDER a guy ( for one example Marcin) who's reputation
puts or don't put food on the table for his children, wife and him.

Does that any make sense?

I am pretty sure that You wouldn't enjoy someone saying something
out of their a@# that got you fired or stopped you from employment?

How would you feel while you're out of a job, and someone
said,"hey, no biggy it was just their 'opinion' ".

So while you and I may have the luxury here of not calling
out hippocricy and slander. NOT everyone has that luxury.

And yes, internet slander is NOW considered damaging.

See Steve Wynns recent historic $40 million win on Joe Francis for
also talking out of his a#$ on the internet.

Again, I agree with your post 100%---but I believe you missed
the hippocricy and slander.

Just my .02

-R
Old 03-11-2013, 08:00 PM

SL65 R230
If "Got the Benz" would have read my answers more accurately, he would have seen, that I have mentioned several times that MKB or Brabus is not cheap, maybe overpriced. Thats o.k. for me.

As I said, they develop for different markets. And if enough people pay for it, there is a market for them.

Lets make an example:

GT30 or GT35 Turbo is a good Turbocharger. No question. But I like the safety of cast header made to MB Specification, same material, same quality.Header will last at least 300.000 KM. Even under hard driving on the Autobahn.

I don't want welded pipes with materials the quality I don't know.They may make good power but Is it tested to last in the longrun, will it crack when it expand an cool down? Do I have to take my engine out again of the car to change the gaskets after 10.000 KM etc.? Too many questions for me...

When on U.S. streets the header and Turbo even starts glowing red??? On a short blast, no, on a 1/4 mile race, no not long enough, on the dyno - maybe a little.

What I want to say: there are many questions. Sometimes you want a safe solution without any questions, which is safe on the German Autobahn. And that is what you get from Tuners like MKB or Brabus.

Another Example:

I know what my next Turbos will be, if I decide to change mine. They are made to MB-Specs, with headers and expansion pieces but you can't order them on a normal way. These are not the Black Series Turbos, which are only slightly bigger than the OEM. There the AMG-Insight come into play. They are not listed anywhere and they are NOT cheap. But they will last exactly as long as the OEM- Turbos and headers. O.K. for me, even if this is a little bit more expensive. No Problems, no further costs. And enough Power for me.

You have no other chance to get them, if you want them. You have to go to a tuner who has the connections.

O.K. I hope no one is offended here. This is my personal opinion.
No Problem for me, if others in other countries go another route.

I love my Car, and I enjoy it every time i drive it.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:04 PM

SL65 R230
Originally Posted by RaceHorse

Thanks for your kind words!
Old 03-11-2013, 08:16 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

To the point of the poster.
I am making Canadian SpeedRiven "proof of concept" out of my own SL600. Parts should be delivered shortly and once Toronto weather permits, I am driving my car to the shop to install upgrades and test it. Will post the numbers and opinion as soon as it is completed - won't be anything fancy, just stock 600 with SpeedRiven upgrades (stock turbos and injectors)
If 600 will be able to do it, 65 will for sure - that will be your answer on what upgrades to get and where.

If Marcin feels like elaborating, he will...

Igor.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:19 PM

N/A
Quote:

Not sure who Marcia is

ACCEL AUTO CENTRE
(647) 427-3942
info@accelauto.ca

Igor, what are you talking about!!? Of course, some where out
there--there is a perfect company, that is ran by a perfect
leader, that is supported by perfect workers, in a perfect city,that
is void of all mistakes and laws of imperfection, that every single
one of their customers poops golden nuggets because---perfect!

I thought you were one of them?!!

Personally speaking, dbasons55's overly-broad statements,
would give me pause and think. "B.S."

I personally would not be making strong statements like he
has, because it's so serious, without any PROOF of my claims.

Just .02

Who's "Marcia"?

-R
Old 03-11-2013, 08:34 PM

N/A
[QUOTE=AMG-Driver;5574982]If "Got the Benz" would have read my answers more accurately, he would have seen, that I have mentioned several times that MKB or Brabus is not cheap, maybe overpriced. Thats o.k. for me.

From GotTheBenz:

Oh I read just fine. You obviously is starting to back-step...

See your quote below,

"Speeddrivens package will NOT last here in Germany at least not in the SL600. I know some secrets you don't know but will not tell them because you write such bull**** like 'European Crap'." --AMG-Driver

You went on to claim that "Marcin don't know what you know."

How many Speedriven V12's have you tested to make your claim?

Answer: NONE. Fact: You've talked out of your a#@ here.

Fact: You're bordering on slander of Speedriven and Marcin here.

Fact: Slander is cowardice and robbing of people.

Don't start dancin the back step, move off topic
Real Men = Integrity, Admitting his mistake. Learn. Move on.

-R
Old 03-12-2013, 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by GotTheBenz
Quote:

Not sure who Marcia is

ACCEL AUTO CENTRE
(647) 427-3942
info@accelauto.ca

Igor, what are you talking about!!? Of course, some where out
there--there is a perfect company, that is ran by a perfect
leader, that is supported by perfect workers, in a perfect city,that
is void of all mistakes and laws of imperfection, that every single
one of their customers poops golden nuggets because---perfect!

I thought you were one of them?!!

Personally speaking, dbasons55's overly-broad statements,
would give me pause and think. "B.S."

I personally would not be making strong statements like he
has, because it's so serious, without any PROOF of my claims.

Just .02

Who's "Marcia"?

-R
Why would you call it "B.S."??? what proof do you want? do you want me to post the emails that have been going to marcink@speedriven.com ?? will that help put some solid proof to you? not cuz i havent mentioned it earlier in this forum about my bad experience makes me B.S about anything. plus as you have said its not worth running someone reputation down for $1500 he just lost a potential customer to bigger job by the way what experience have you had with speedriven? and please can you ask them to show us the 1000whp dyno they claim cuz i cant find that anywhere which also puts a big question mark on there claims on power!

Last edited by dbasons55; 03-12-2013 at 04:40 AM.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:45 AM

N/A
Why would you call it "B.S."??? what proof do you want? do you want me to post the emails that have been going to marcink@speedriven.com ?? will that help put some solid proof to you? not cuz i havent mentioned it earlier in this forum about my bad experience makes me B.S about anything. plus as you have said its not worth running someone reputation down for $1500 he just lost a potential customer to bigger job by the way what experience have you had with speedriven? and please can you ask them to show us the 1000whp dyno they claim cuz i cant find that anywhere which also puts a big question mark on there claims on power!
Thank you for replying in a manner that is factual.

Good questions.

First, I am just a consumer---like you, like most here. So any
honest feedback about a vender, helps me, helps us all.

Second, I use the term "give me pause...", that's an american term
that means; makes me suspicious and I'd want more proof.

Your reply seemed as if I've already drawn my conclusion
about your Speedriven "experience". And that is not the case.

Lastly, you said that you didn't post your MarcinK PM's because
"$1,500 is not worth ruining someones reputation".

Yet, didn't you already with your first reply?

You asked, so this is just me saying; if I decided to come out with a negative experience about Speedriven, I would include pics, emails and
my cars VIN, witnesses. These lend more credibilty to the truth, I believe.

I believe real men care about truth, and children (even ones driving SL65's like AMG-Driver) slander without regard for another's family...

-R
Old 03-12-2013, 12:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
SL 63 W/B AMG , S600,C220
Peace ! Peace ! After all them bad vibs between you, no one has answered
my question. After re mapping and i/c pump change, what's next to do to
my 65. Intercoolers.
Old 03-12-2013, 12:51 PM

N/A
Originally Posted by sound 8
Peace ! Peace ! After all them bad vibs between you, no one has answered
my question. After re mapping and i/c pump change, what's next to do to
my 65. Intercoolers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malones Perf.
Thanks for your help and info!! Are you sure that is correct information? I am looking at upgrading the existing turbo's and there sould be alot of options out there for the kkk turbos as the porsche's run the K24's. Thanks again!

From DCMetro22Z: (from 1st page of this thread,edited).

Yeah I' sure Speedriven offers a package with upgraded turbos.

Speedriven : Great Company http://tuningbible.com/?page_id=1158
Old 03-12-2013, 01:09 PM

2001 Lamborghini Diablo, 2009 SL65 (sold), 1998 CL600 (sold), 1989 560SEL (sold)
I have had the worst experience with Marcia at speedriven, i have sent him my V12 Brabus Bullit ECU and TCU and paid for remap for both computers, unfortunatly he only remapped my ECU and never came back on the TCU, what worst was that the car had extreme knocking and always went on to limb mood under full throttle!
If you don't remap the TCU the remapped ECU will send too much torque to the transmission and the TCU will put the car in limp mode. Happened to my car while Eurocharged was tuning it. You can see it happen on the dyno graph. Jerry had to crawl under the passenger side dashboard and pull out the TCU and remap it. Now my cars puts out over 800 lbft of torque. Too much really. Before we started Jerry asked if I wanted the car tuned for HP or torque. Living in the US I said "tire shredding torque!'.

I had previously sent my ECU only to Renntech. Tune was ok and was getting 550hp at the wheels. But the Eurocharged tune added 15 more hp and 100 more lbft or torque (on 91 octane). Car feels a lot more aggresive. But still totally smooth when you want it to be.

Sound8, if you are looking for a little extra, try to get Jerry for Eurocharged to come to the UK. You car will be custom tuned on the dyno.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by GotTheBenz
Thank you for replying in a manner that is factual.

Good questions.

First, I am just a consumer---like you, like most here. So any
honest feedback about a vender, helps me, helps us all.

Second, I use the term "give me pause...", that's an american term
that means; makes me suspicious and I'd want more proof.

Your reply seemed as if I've already drawn my conclusion
about your Speedriven "experience". And that is not the case.

Lastly, you said that you didn't post your MarcinK PM's because
"$1,500 is not worth ruining someones reputation".

Yet, didn't you already with your first reply?

You asked, so this is just me saying; if I decided to come out with a negative experience about Speedriven, I would include pics, emails and
my cars VIN, witnesses. These lend more credibilty to the truth, I believe.

I believe real men care about truth, and children (even ones driving SL65's like AMG-Driver) slander without regard for another's family...

-R
Your asking for too much proof including witnesses! I am sorry I do not want to get that far with gathering information for anyone I have given my experience with Speedriven take it or leave it! And by the way what would you benefit from my vin number? My car is based on a C350 with a Brabus V12 conversion! So no point really in providing a vin if you want prove of wether I have a V12 I recommend you see my contribution to this forum by looking up my threads, I wish Speedriven all the best and good luck with them
Old 03-12-2013, 01:47 PM

N/A
Originally Posted by falconsprint
If you don't remap the TCU the remapped ECU will send too much torque to the transmission and the TCU will put the car in limp mode. Happened to my car while Eurocharged was tuning it. You can see it happen on the dyno graph. Jerry had to crawl under the passenger side dashboard and pull out the TCU and remap it. Now my cars puts out over 800 lbft of torque. Too much really. Before we started Jerry asked if I wanted the car tuned for HP or torque. Living in the US I said "tire shredding torque!'.

I had previously sent my ECU only to Renntech. Tune was ok and was getting 550hp at the wheels. But the Eurocharged tune added 15 more hp and 100 more lbft or torque (on 91 octane). Car feels a lot more aggresive. But still totally smooth when you want it to be.

Sound8, if you are looking for a little extra, try to get Jerry for Eurocharged to come to the UK. You car will be custom tuned on the dyno.
+1
Old 03-12-2013, 01:57 PM

N/A
Your asking for too much proof including witnesses! I am sorry I do not want to get that far with gathering information for anyone I have given my experience with Speedriven take it or leave it! And by the way what would you benefit from my vin number? My car is based on a C350 with a Brabus V12 conversion! So no point really in providing a vin if you want prove of wether I have a V12 I recommend you see my contribution to this forum by looking up my threads, I wish Speedriven all the best and good luck with them

Not providing proof to back up your statement is your choice.

For me, your choice to not offer proof (none), reveals what you said in
your original post as either just an opinion (worthless), or slander...

It matters not what your other threads are. We are here.

"Too much proof"? That's how much you value the well-being of
another's children, wife and man? Taking their food away!?

"Without heart---one has no class." --Ghandi

I for one will wrap-up what you've said about Speedriven--and "leave it".

Thank you

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Turbo Size's and Make question?