SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: how did you guys get so rich?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2003, 06:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32
how did you guys get so rich?

i am currently a undergraduate college student, and my car is a C32. my mom did not pay for my car, i bought it with money i made doing stocks.

my dream is to drive a SL55 someday, or whatever better comes out.

i was reading some of the SL55 posts, and some of you have like 3 SL55's, an M3, a CL, and every car that people dream of, in one driveway!!

as a young, ambitious, student, i am looking for some insight in what to do with my life. i am currently studying economics.

could you guys explain what got you to be where you are today?
i guess some of you can't really say exactly what company, since some of you are probably famous, but i would really appreciate it if you could tell me some of your success stories.

you guys are living my dream, and i want to know how to get there.

thanks
Old 06-25-2003, 07:36 AM

None, too young to drive
omg, you're a student and you drive a C32 ?
talking about a dream..

(Yes, I'm a student too)
Old 06-25-2003, 08:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W126 1991 350SDL
PIMPIN'

PIMPIN!

pimpin' ain't easy, but it sho' pays well f'shizzle!

doody.
Old 06-25-2003, 01:30 PM
Out Of Control!

Re: how did you guys get so rich?

Originally posted by chromed out
you guys are living my dream, and i want to know how to get there.

thanks
Lets just say a lot of 15-18hrs of work a day!
Old 06-25-2003, 01:41 PM

2005 SLK350
Re: how did you guys get so rich?

Originally posted by chromed out
i bought it with money i made doing stocks.
hey welcome to the club, im going to be a junior this coming semester. i bought my first car, c230, with money from stocks, and im paying for my current car, sl55, the same way.

my parents did give me quite a bit of money to invest with though... but i guess its true what they say, the rich get richer more or less. and they keep giving me money to invest with as long as i live up to their expectations. they're pretty damn strict but im not complaining yet

recently it has been very profitable to invest in stocks hasnt it?

Last edited by evanichka; 06-25-2003 at 01:44 PM.
Old 06-25-2003, 01:43 PM
Out Of Control!

Re: Re: how did you guys get so rich?

Originally posted by evanichka
recently it has been very profitable to invest in stocks hasnt it?
So what's a hot stock right now?
Old 06-25-2003, 01:52 PM

2005 SLK350
i go for stocks that are under $5 dollars usually, i'm more of a short-term investor

siri was a pretty good play from 1.08 to 2.09 i think its just starting to catch on and i think its a better product than xmr, maybe ill get back into it later

chtr was a pretty good one too, paul allen cant be too stupid. missed my entry point after selling it because i was in some other stocks at the time

also holding on to inld for now

i've been riding akam since 1.27 and sbac since 1.95, have some in wbr right now, but if that turns out to be a dud ill just move on

its so $#%^ing hard to do this stuff in hawaii though, gotta wake up at 3:30am ^*%^&$$$%& lol

right now im focusing more on sbac and wbr. but since the market is cooling off a bit, i'm aiming for profits around xmas time, or might get out early if it seems to be heading down

but i have to thank akamai for making most of my profits :p some of my friends at MIT who know the founders told me some "rumors"
Old 06-25-2003, 01:52 PM

SL55
Its down to luck, the harder I work the luckier I got.

All joking apart, we all need a bit of good luck on our side but hard work and good people it what its all about for me.

Timing is important as well, what worked for me wouldn’t work if you did it now, its time has gone.

Don't get too hung up on coming up with a brilliant original idea, if you’ve found one then great but if not you could always look around to see what has just started to work for someone else and do the same thing somewhere else.

Look around you for people who have done well in two or three different fields and talk to them.

If you crack it, don’t forget the basics, everything in business boils down to someone buying and someone selling (trust me, everything) when you are the buyer you have the power, when you are the seller you don’t, so work harder at the buying than the selling.

Whatever you do make sure you get paid !
Old 06-25-2003, 02:01 PM
Out Of Control!

Originally posted by evanichka
i go for stocks that are under $5 dollars usually, i'm more of a short-term investor

siri was a pretty good play from 1.08 to 2.09 i think its just starting to catch on and i think its a better product than xmr, maybe ill get back into it later

chtr was a pretty good one too, paul allen cant be too stupid. missed my entry point after selling it because i was in some other stocks at the time

also holding on to inld for now

i've been riding akam since 1.27 and sbac since 1.95, have some in wbr right now, but if that turns out to be a dud ill just move on

its so $#%^ing hard to do this stuff in hawaii though, gotta wake up at 3:30am ^*%^&$$$%& lol

right now im focusing more on sbac and wbr. but since the market is cooling off a bit, i'm aiming for profits around xmas time, or might get out early if it seems to be heading down

but i have to thank akamai for making most of my profits :p some of my friends at MIT who know the founders told me some "rumors"
Thanks for the tip! Like you i'm also a short term inv. Cuz sometimes you just get caught up in it and think of nothing else than that. But thanks for the tips!
Old 06-25-2003, 02:11 PM

2005 SLK350
yeah when the market was hot just recently. i was basically glued to the monitor and traded many times a day, but now, its summer vacation and all so i just wake up early when i feel like i should buy or sell. after all, its just money and you can make it when youre old or young, but you can only enjoy youth (both body and mind) while youre young
Old 06-25-2003, 02:17 PM
Out Of Control!

Thumbs up evanichka

Agree!
Old 06-25-2003, 02:57 PM

Audi 80 Quattro (with a couple of modifications)
Where do you all do your trades through? Do you use one of those online sites or do you have a broker?
Old 06-25-2003, 03:13 PM

2005 SLK350
i go through multiple brokers, i think every member of my family has a diff one lol

i started out with schwab because i knew so little and that was the big name, but now i have accounts with td waterhouse and datek (now ameritrade). I use td waterhouse most of the time though because they have an office in downtown honolulu where i can easily move my funds around instead of having to wait if i had to use ameritrade

dont think brokers really matter if youre not a daytrader
Old 06-25-2003, 06:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

marta
soooo..what im getting from this thread is Stocks= SL55 amg?
Old 06-25-2003, 09:18 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by ajayz
soooo..what im getting from this thread is Stocks= SL55 amg?
Yep! Still waiting a couple more years till I actually understand this though.
Old 06-26-2003, 12:59 AM
Almost a Member!

2003 CLK500
This is amuzing... occasionally I post (mostly lurk) to enjoy comments about MB (had 8 so far), and for a 'day job' all I do is stocks.. now that's here...funny though. And I found SIRI at .76 and out like you guys, and now wondering how it will do later on. (My interest initially was not the product, but their refinancing that enabled their survival in recent months..which was dubious at one time.)

Anyway, just amuzing to hear this... my work suggests the market will (barring catastrophe) only consolidate this summer (we were bullish since last Fall, and warned two weeks ago), and then hopefully rise anew into next year, without the kind of big catharsis some of the permabears are predicting...

'nough about stocks; how about the price increase coming on the new SL55's? hah... ought to be around 5%... but irrelevant as they'd just want more for the replacement, offsetting any better resale... anyway, enjoy this site, and yes, buying and selling too is everything; leaning against the mass sentiment sometimes...

cheers..
gene

Old 06-27-2003, 04:37 AM

omg....im soo jealous of you guys...i just got my first Mercedes a couple weeks ago-C32-and I had to hold my GPA above a 3.8 for a whole year...now that may seem easy since I am only a 16 y/o junior in hs...but for me that meant that i had to have like no life for a whole year so i could study...if only my parents would give me money to invest!! ok that was not meant to offend anyone...so dont take it the wrong way.
Old 06-27-2003, 03:59 PM

2005 SLK350
woohoo thats the azn spirit!

but just remember, highschool seems so trivial once you go to college

remember to also put some money into real estate
Old 06-27-2003, 04:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i thought i had learned everything about stocks when i was 10 or something...i was WRONG,got a lot of more knowledge, was just curious to start early like everyone else said.
...now just learning more and more about it, not sure when i ll buy the shares in whichever company
Old 06-28-2003, 12:24 AM

lol....totally off topic but i have not really seen any azn in here...neways....im drooling over the pics in the sticky....
Old 06-28-2003, 07:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

marta
Originally posted by mustbetheazn
lol....totally off topic but i have not really seen any azn in here...neways....im drooling over the pics in the sticky....
daaaaamn, u have any pics of ur car line-up? its so niceee.
Old 06-28-2003, 05:07 PM

im trying to get it to fit the file size thing but its not working, i guess its because i use a 5mp camera so there's a lot of data packed into one pic. but im trying to resize it the best i can so i can post. but thanks for the comment.
Old 06-30-2003, 02:03 AM

1996/1955 Thunderbird
As any economist can tell you, there is only one way to "earn" the money to buy an SL55- Economic Profit. Any profit above zero (in economic terms, means the cost of money, so about 10%). There is no job that pays an SL55 wage, without being the result of economic rent (money earned that does not play a part in production, like lawyers and land owners).

Again, any economist will tell you the stock market is compeltly random. Profits seldom art returned to the stock holder, and their vote is nearly worthless, stocks trade like baseball cards on emotion and trend. You really think that stupid Amazon stock is worth the same as an oil company with assets? Only because people are morons, not based on its intrinsic value.

Here's the best way to get an SL55 without selling your soul, buy it a few years later. Look at the prices of the previous SL500, they are down to $25k. The SL55 is top dog today, give it a few years and it will be just another car that some jerk lost 50 grand on. You can get a $85k S500 for $45k if you dont mind a few years and about 30k miles. People baby these cars, there is reason to play an extra 40k because you want it new.

And if you really dont want to be smuck and lose all your dough, buy a vinage car. They dont depreciate. Sure they nickel and dime you to death and you always worry about vaporlock but you'll get a helluva lot more attention in a classic car. I drive my dad's SL55 AMG, it was fast as hell but its street appeal was the same was any other new mercedes.
Old 06-30-2003, 10:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

marta
Originally posted by mustbetheazn
im trying to get it to fit the file size thing but its not working, i guess its because i use a 5mp camera so there's a lot of data packed into one pic. but im trying to resize it the best i can so i can post. but thanks for the comment.

no prob! I think there are some programs that lower the quality of the picture to make the file size smaller.
Old 07-01-2003, 12:06 AM

I havent found any....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: how did you guys get so rich?