SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Where is the best price to find phenolic spacers & upgraded radiator for SL 55?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 01:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 SL 55 Black/Black w/mods from Eurocharged/Kleemann/BuckheadImports
Question Where is the best price to find phenolic spacers & upgraded radiator for SL 55?

Hey guys,

Thanks in advance for all the info! Where can I buy phenolic spacers and an upgraded radiator for my 2005 model SL 55? Does ebay have them? Amazon.com? Somewhere else? I've seen phenolic spacers on amazon.com believe it or not

Thanks!
Old 04-04-2012, 02:29 AM

BMW 528i
I just started looking myself, have never seen them on Ebay or Amazon, just through specialty mod shops. I need to order a set - going to do them on my W208 CLK55 - heard good things about reducing intake air charge temp. Also know that using the later W209 airbox has made some difference in reducing intake air temp - good for overall engine temp and performance in spring/summer.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:56 PM

'05 SL 55 Black/Black w/mods from Eurocharged/Kleemann/BuckheadImports
Question yeah thats what i heard...

Yup thats what I've heard also....

Just need to know if Evosport is the only place to buy the phenolic spacers, upgraded radiator, etc... or is there someplace else with a better price but same quality? Amazon.com has phenolic spacers but not for AMG's...yet.

over the next month or two I'm gonna try to get my transmission fluid replaced with new fluid, replace my coolant with a higher performance coolant, replace maybe my brake pads with Akebono pads, put in stainless steel brake lines, and replace my OE brake fluid with super blue racing brake fluid, maybe even add a Johnson intercooler pump, etc....
I'm just curious to see if these very small and reasonably inexpensive upgrades will make a noticeable difference or not....and ofcourse I'd like phenolic spacers too....we'll see what happens I guess....

I've been hearing from several Mercedes mechanics that even though the akebono pads last longer and don't produce nearly as much brake dust on your wheels, they said they do feel like blocks of concrete grinding against your rotors and make all kinds of noises....I hope this is not true and that they're just exaggerating....

One last thing: The guy who is coming next Tuesday (hopefully) to wire in the Ipod cable and cradle into my center console (so that I can finally listen to a high quality version of my huge 45 gigabyte collection of music on my Ipod, and from an Iphone) says that its a true digital connection and not the cheaper FM transmitter type...all for about $475 including labor and parts.....has anyone done this upgrade for a better price somewhere? Just curious.... the big mercedes dealers around town have been using him for a while to do all kinds of audio upgrades to their cars...

Last edited by SL65amg; 04-04-2012 at 02:02 PM.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:06 PM

BMW 528i
Evosport seems to be most reputable. For pads, I've used Porterfield R4S compound, which are REALLy sticky (like the AMG isn't already an easy stop).