SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: My new Renntech SL55- pictures

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.00 average.

Old 07-22-2003 | 03:25 PM

2001 C240
Shank...tough crowd out here. Anyways...the car looks great and I know how you like to play around with your pictures. Guys...go out to the Porsche forums to see Shank's (Ryan's) 911 Turbo (soon to be replaced by a GT2). BTW...why didn't you post this on Funcars?? (sorry bad joke!!)
Old 07-22-2003 | 03:28 PM

ML 55 and 420 SEL
wheel does look funny..
but none the less amazing car...
love the color the rims and all the mods..
keep it up...
Old 07-22-2003 | 03:30 PM

05 E500
Shroud is lifting, then?

Marcus Frost (who just registered) wrote:

What is the deal here? I see this car almost everyday and was there when the wheels were mounted. Ryan has nothing to prove to any of you.
So, then this confirms that Ryan and SL Shank are one and the same person? Ah... interesting.

Marcus Frost also posts a photo of an untouched car as a sarcastic illustration of what we should see, but are not. Marcus, we’ve asked for untouched photos; none has been offered. Why don’t you tell this to your friend Shank? Unless, of course, you are one and the same as him?

Darren500 also wrote in to defend the authenticity of the car by labeling the skeptics as a forum of “immaturity.” He also labeled the car as Ryan’s, and said he “saw it at Chicago.” Hmm…

I noticed that Darren lists his website: www.6speedonline.com
As does Marcus: www.garagedynamics.com

This same 2003 SL55 (ShankGT2) is mentioned on the former (not the latter) and has the SAME chopped up photos! (They all seem to have Porsches, Supra Turbos and SL’s between them.) Marcus showed his ’98 Supra, for instance. Shank has a ’97 Supra. Now, how about an untouched RENNtech ’03 SL55?

I find it equally puzzling why an owner of all these pricey cars (600 and 700+ bhp) cannot find the means to take just ONE untouched photo… like I said, right or wrong, a little strange indeed.

Hey Marcus (or Shank, or Ryan), yes, it is “a pretty good job” on the Supra. Can we have one just like this on the SL? If you "see it almost everyday," then maybe you can snap a picture of it (with Shanks' permission, of course, ) and post it here for him?

For one, I hope I’m wrong about you. We certainly like to see nice cars here. On the other hand, if you have attempted a forgery, and have created aliases to help support this forgery, then you have lost all what you would have gained with the car and you have no place here.

Last edited by c2jones; 07-22-2003 at 03:36 PM.
Old 07-22-2003 | 03:41 PM

05 E500
Want to believe you

Shank - Ryan,

Listen, I want to believe you. I like your car. If it is genuine, then bravo! Others feel it is and have said they'd seen it.

Why not just show us an untouched photo?

What's the harm in this? Must you limit yourself to this poorly edited photo we've seen?

Do us and you the favor. What do you say?
Old 07-22-2003 | 03:44 PM

2001 C240
Re: Shroud is lifting, then?

Dude...you're going way too far on this. Darren and Shank are business partners who happen to run a Porsche forum along with 2 other partners that is called 6speedonline. Thus Darren defending Shank is not that incredible. Darren is also a nice guy from LI, New York that is having a BBQ in a few weeks at his house for people who like talking about Porsche's. As for Marcus...I don't know who he is. As for me..I'm just a guy with a Boxster S and a C Class who happens to frequent the same forums that Shank does...my cars aren't in the same price range..but they are the same marque. This is not some crazy conspiracy to post fake pics of some imaginary car so that people will like him. Shank is an avid car guy who likes tuned cars and thought that you fellas might be interested in what he has done. There is a reason why Darren and Shank never posted on this forum before...and that's cause they used to post on another forum that they no longer visit (long story)...thus they are new members here. Visit my site for pics of my car (shameless plug ). www.spdutta.com
Old 07-22-2003 | 03:48 PM

02' 996 TT
well put - but Shank I say

don't show em anything - this thread is geting more amusing everyday

They want to not beleive you - who cares - you've got a GT2 and an SL55 sitting in your garage - what do these jokers have that are flaming you
Old 07-22-2003 | 03:49 PM

02' 996 TT
this is the best one yet!

"On the other hand, if you have attempted a forgery, and have created aliases to help support this forgery, then you have lost all what you would have gained with the car and you have no place here. "

Old 07-22-2003 | 04:07 PM

05 E500
Business Partners

pdutta2000:

Great. Their business relationship is not in question, nor is the credibility of Darren defending Shank.

Nice and avid car guys, or conspiracies notwithstanding, or what barbeques they're having, all we'd like to see is whomever wishes to post or support this car, please submit an untouched photo for our pleasure.

Is this too much to ask for?

Hey, call it what you'd like; we'd like to see it.

With all these partnerships, forums, websites, and the expensive cars in of themselves, is a worthy of photo of this new, hot SL too much to ask for?

This seems strange. Even if all is genuine (and I said I hope and want it to be), the steps to defend a simply woeful wheel illustration have surpassed the effort to just resubmit an untouched one. Right?

It would be FAR EASIER to just resubmit another photo. Why defend this with untouched Supras instead? In the time you took to write this, you could have posted Shank/Ryan to do the same...

Besides, Shank countered each request by saying that he wants to see our "mouths open." He's getting his unecessary wish.

This all could have been, and still could be, avoided.

I will easily settle for an untouched photo. We're all avid car guys too. (I visit RENNtech as do others, for instance.) I want to save his SL to my photo file (and even print) and add this to my notebook collection. I just want a half-way decent photo worthy of this.

What's "going on way too far" is this refusal of the untouched photos. That's the truth.

Darren500: What this joker has, good, bad, or indifferent, is not a joke at all, but real, untouched photos. We're not chopping up our photos for submission. With all your hot rides and money spent; how about a lousy untouched photo of this SL?

That's where the joke is! You're making this a bigger deal than it need be.

Last edited by c2jones; 07-22-2003 at 04:14 PM.
Old 07-22-2003 | 04:14 PM

I am not going to post any un touched picture. Infact, I'll make it a point to post every picture here with some photoshopped effect (or attempted effect :-) )

Perhaps, c2Jones will keep typing long responses, develop carpal tunnel syndrome, and come to my clinics for therapy.

As far as the list of cars on mywebsite...I haven't had time to update that in months.

I love how you think the SL55 is phantom.

:o
Old 07-22-2003 | 04:18 PM

SL55
Come on, just fess up !!!

You photoshoped the wheels onto the car. There I said it, someone had to.
Old 07-22-2003 | 04:23 PM
Almost a Member!

2003 CL55
SL Shank,

Where are you located? I am in Manhattan...but also have a place on LI (I see you went to HS there).

Why dont you let me take some regular pics of the car and post them so this way no one can claim anything.
Old 07-22-2003 | 04:28 PM

Fellow Gentlemen and Ladies:

I vote we let this thread die. We have given Mr. Shankster enough unwarranted attention and he has long used up his 15 minutes of fame. I, for one, have no further interest in seeing any of his automobiles, un-retouched or otherwise.

97 sl500 triple black
Sport Pkg 1
27k miles
Old 07-22-2003 | 04:40 PM

05 E500
See what I mean?

It was, as it is now, your choice, Shank. This has been your drawback. If you're so real and I/we are so wrong, then why not simply do what everyone else would do in this situation? This is what you should have done from the start. No one else has a problem showing untouched photos; why do you? Honestly?

Feel my responses are too long? Are you suffering from difficulty in reading them? There are fewer errors in my postings than yours, for instance.) I've also praised you, too, and merely asked for you to help me believe in you. It is YOU that has exposed your indifference.

I won't have carpal tunnel syndrome, as this is easy for me at my typing speed. However, coming to your clinic for treatment? If you offer the same effort to validate yourself there as you do here, well then, probably not.

You don’t have time to update your website? How much longer does it take to defend your chopped images instead of just placing an untouched one? Heck, the time it took to post these in the first place requires as much time.

Finally, Ryan, you have it wrong. I don’t want to believe your car is a phantom, in fact, as I have maintained, I would just like to see an original for my file. I would like a photo of the car, naturally. The point here is, you gathered quite a bit of compliments, despite the chopped photos. Just think of the heralding you’d get with an original? In that you are denying those of us who would like an original, which is perfectly natural and should be expected, then you must look into why this is your choice. But it is your choice.
Old 07-22-2003 | 04:44 PM

SL55
Re: Fellow Gentlemen and Ladies:

Originally posted by den500sl
I vote we let this thread die. We have given Mr. Shankster enough unwarranted attention and he has long used up his 15 minutes of fame. I, for one, have no further interest in seeing any of his automobiles, un-retouched or otherwise.

97 sl500 triple black
Sport Pkg 1
27k miles
I agree, lets let it die

Graham.
Old 07-22-2003 | 04:47 PM

02' 996 TT
CL55

I am in the one in NY - ryan moved to chicago last year - stop by our porsche board and say hello as we tell all our MB members to come by here as well - until this silly thread LOL
Old 07-22-2003 | 05:50 PM

Originally posted by London Lad
Come on, just fess up !!!

You photoshoped the wheels onto the car. There I said it, someone had to.
No I did not. That is 100% incorrect

Old 07-22-2003 | 06:02 PM

Love the car Love the wheels.
Old 07-22-2003 | 06:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W212 E63, Audi R8 4.2, Panamera S, Range Rover Sport GT
Let me make an attempt to end the controversy now.

Ryan Shankar is NOT a FAKE. In fact, he is a friend of mine. As you can see from his website, he is a master of photoshop and web design, and I can assure all of you doubters, he is not bull****ting. The pictures are doctored, as are all of the ones he posts, but the car and wheels are as real as can be.
Old 07-22-2003 | 07:00 PM

05 E500
Just one original picture, please.

Let me make an attempt to end the controversy now.
Great, lee2375,

Of course. Everything is real.

Any untouched pictures? All we want is to see just one.

Please, just talk your friend into appeasing us. Pictures speak louder than words. Its easy. Its convenient. It will settle the matter. Its the right thing to do.

This is how you can "end the controversy."

If he's unwilling to do this, then he's brought this upon himself. Heck, we'd all like him to be right, as we've said! We'd like to see the clean picture.

The pictures are doctored
Obviously. Perhaps butchered. He says he has a clinic. Well, no need for Dr. Mengele type work here; why not send a clean, doctor-prescribed photo?

That's all. See how easy? If not, then this is why this lingers. Not because of us! Your whole camp has spent more time deflecting, rather that persuading your friend to do the easy thing. Why is this?

Love the car Love the wheels.
So do we, just not together, not this time. Seeing you just registered, perhaps you're here to help sooth things for Shank, and, you can help by prescribing the above to him.

We have come to have a strict appreciation for untouched cars.
We've all asked until we're blue in the face.

I agree, lets let it die
We have asked for the means to let it die, but his followers keep coming back to spew defense utterances instead of the past-due original. They keep it alive.

This said, you're right. If the glory of his photo is worth less than his interest in defending these trageties of photoshop, so be it. Again, his choice.

Absent any original photos, this thread is dead. Anything beyond this is just plain spilled milk babble. Originals or else. That's all.
Old 07-22-2003 | 07:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ML350
Just because he has or states he has a clinic doesnt mean he is a physician. This big debacle is unbecoming for a doc. As for the pictures of the car and wheels....nice pics of the car and wheels. Real?......who knows.

T

Last edited by Doctodd33; 07-22-2003 at 07:26 PM.
Old 07-22-2003 | 08:05 PM

05 E500
Clinic/Doctor?

He mentioned treating for carpal tunnel.

You're right. He could be just a chiropractor or therapist, not an authorized physician. The way these pictures were hacked, I would not wish to be amongst his patients. I hear he is prone to these editing jobs. Why doesn't it show?

nice pics of the car and wheels
Nice wheel photos; together, this time?

You'd better take another, closer look. Otherwise, our impressions differ, at least of the photoshop work.

But for me, absent these originals, this thread is done.

Last edited by c2jones; 07-22-2003 at 08:08 PM.
Old 07-22-2003 | 08:07 PM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
This discussion is going nowhere!
lee2375, have you seen the car in person? I don't think so because you didn't mention.

Would somebody please close this thread????

SL-Shank I had no reason not to belive you have the car, the wheels and the money to put it all together until I noticed the photoshop work on the car, then it becomes a matter of proving us wrong.
In addition, if you are changing the background on the car why would these parts be altered??? Those don't belong to the edge of the car with the background.

May be those wheels do exist on the car, but they don't look as big as you want us to think. And yes, now I am attacking you with doubts, most people that know me from this forum know I don't flame or pick on people, but being lied to is something that does bother me.

Like I said, Would somebody please close this thread????
Attached Thumbnails My new Renntech SL55- pictures-rennt3-fake.jpg  
Old 07-22-2003 | 08:11 PM
Out Of Control!

CLOSING THIS THREAD!!!!
Old 07-22-2003 | 08:19 PM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Out of the second picture/attempt you posted
How do you explain those inconsistencies inside the perimeter of the car? those would certainly not be affected by the "background" photoshop you claim.
Attached Thumbnails My new Renntech SL55- pictures-actual-not-copy.jpg  
Old 07-22-2003 | 09:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 mercedes clk coupe
u guys

just wanna say u guys r funny

but overall i am impressed

some of you can be good investigators

overall nice car photoshoped or not

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: My new Renntech SL55- pictures