SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: My new Renntech SL55- pictures

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.00 average.

Old 07-22-2003, 10:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
488 GTB
You guy's are funny. Shank is a true enthusiast and has nothing to prove. His passion is graphic design and loves to play around with photoshop. The guy is 100% legit. Here is some pics of my 600hp beast that he did a little photshop work on when he visited me in Miami. Pics of the beast

Last edited by Duane; 07-22-2003 at 11:20 PM.
Old 07-22-2003, 10:34 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 CL55
pocholin & c2jones:

Great posts! And great work.

Amazing how a guy who appears to have so much time on his hands to photoshop pics cant take 5 min to take a normal one.

PS. SL Shank, offer still stands for me to take the pic myself if you want.
Old 07-22-2003, 10:38 PM

02' 996 TT
you guys are funny

"SL Shank, offer still stands for me to take the pic myself if you want"

read the above post Darren is the guy in NY - Ryan lives in chicago -
Old 07-22-2003, 11:01 PM

Here is a pic taken literally 14 minutes ago in a supermarket parking lot. Yes, its a hair blurry, but its my worlds first un-photoshopped post....

Old 07-22-2003, 11:08 PM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Originally posted by SL Shank
Here is a pic taken literally 14 minutes ago in a supermarket parking lot. Yes, its a hair blurry, but its my worlds first un-photoshopped post....

Now, that's what I'm talking about! Thanks for the picture.

Wheels look terrific, and in all honesty I do still think you were trying to make the wheels look wider than they are, but regardless, wheels and tires look very nice, great on the car.

Once again, thanks.

P.s. That wasn't that difficult, was it?
Old 07-22-2003, 11:14 PM

05 E500
See how easy that was?

Why didn't you do this before?

It looks like Pocholin's comments about the actual wheels, versus the version of what you attempted with the sizing may still be accurate.

Nevertheless, as even the people requesting originals have granted you, nice car. This is what you could have, and should have done previously.

PS, Your car looks MUCH better without all the editing mishaps.

Can we get some QUALITY close-ups for our files?
Old 07-22-2003, 11:23 PM

Originally posted by pocholin
Now, that's what I'm talking about! Thanks for the picture.

Wheels look terrific, and in all honesty I do still think you were trying to make the wheels look wider than they are, but regardless, wheels and tires look very nice, great on the car.

Once again, thanks.

P.s. That wasn't that difficult, was it?

Fessing up: Ok, I was not trying to make the car look wider. However, I lowered the car in the first pictures because I didn't get my lowering module installed until today. The supermarket picture is legitamately lowered. I did not add the wheel to the car, nor vice versa. I was trying to do a background effect before as well. As aforementioned, I lowered the car in the images posted initially, cuz the gap was so F*ugly. But Thanks to Knauz MB in Highland Park, IL - the car is lowered with the 2k kleeman module! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY
Old 07-22-2003, 11:26 PM

05 E500
About Schmidt (Or Shank).

Duane wrote:

Shank is a true enthusiast and has nothing to prove. His passion is graphic design and loves to play around with photoshop.
Duane,

His enthusiasm and business skills were never in question. And, while his photoshop (or photo-chop) skills were suspect, the primary issue here is the use of poorly edited photos which undermined the car which would have otherwise looked so much better.

This was compounded by his insistence of not sending in any untouched photos, by his own written admission.

This was never personal, at least on my part.

Many of us are successful businessmen too. Some of us are also handy with photo-editing. If we owned this car, our entire approach would have been much different.

PS, Nice Porsche!
Old 07-22-2003, 11:30 PM

2003 s500 sport
Attached Thumbnails My new Renntech SL55- pictures-badthread2.jpg  
Old 07-22-2003, 11:35 PM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Originally posted by SL Shank
Fessing up: Ok, I was not trying to make the car look wider. However, I lowered the car in the first pictures because I didn't get my lowering module installed until today. The supermarket picture is legitamately lowered. I did not add the wheel to the car, nor vice versa. I was trying to do a background effect before as well. As aforementioned, I lowered the car in the images posted initially, cuz the gap was so F*ugly. But Thanks to Knauz MB in Highland Park, IL - the car is lowered with the 2k kleeman module! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY
Your explanation makes perfect sense, thanks for it.
Congratulation on the kleeman module, please let us drool over some nice daylight pictures when you get a chance to take them (BTW untouched )
Old 07-22-2003, 11:36 PM

05 E500
Hey 6.3...

Hey 6.3...

Is anyone forcing you to tune-in to this thread? Is there a gun to head or something?

If you don't enjoy the content, go elsewhere!

Just like radio and TV, if you don't like the content, turn the station! Its a free country; no one demands you be here.

The purposes of these discussions, is well, discussions. Whether this be to each person's personal liking or not, should not inhibit the ones who choose to be active here.

Tune out!
Old 07-23-2003, 09:39 AM

02' 996 TT
c2jones

c2jones

Do you feel a little silly now? Come on fess up here - a little ?
Old 07-23-2003, 02:29 PM

05 E500
"Silly"?

Darren,

You need to go back and reread my postings for better perspective.

I never accused anyone of fraud, or foul play. I speculated about those possibilities, always more than offering a benefit of doubt. I said many times that he was proabaly real. You're confusing my issue with Shank's resistence to the untouched photo with a lack of authenticity. This could have all been avoided.

I wanted to believe in Shank, and I said this many times. All I asked for is an untouched photo. Shank originally denied this, and this calls much into question. The only photo came late, and the means for this still may be unncertain. Shank originally denied any photoshop work, then later admitted to some work, then in the end, produced a nighttime, blurred shot to suffice what he originally and ongoingly avoided.

Besides, Pocolin's comments about sizing still may apply. One thing is for sure, about the poor representation, the photoshop editing was atrocious and this begs the question of why this was submitted this way. This is a $100K+ car, after all. Why not present this in its best light, not compromised? This was the issue; a simple untouched photo would have made the difference.

We'll look forward to several, ongoing, untouched (or quaility edited) photos to come. Perhaps we can see this same car at shows, etc., too. We all welcome this.
Old 07-24-2003, 02:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLK63 Black Series
although, i have no space to be in this thread but i came across it when i was bored and read it.. i think C2Jones is right in this thread. The car may exist (due to Peter's credibility and his word that it does exist means alot) it was pretty unproffesional for shank to refuse to post an original untouched picture till of late. To me it seemed like he wanted to post a pic of the SL lowered but in reality it was not lowered. That's why he kept stalling to attach a real pic. But as posted before, if he just post an untouched pic from the beginning, he would have retained his credit and everything would have been cool.. but the fact that he kept denying the pics weren't touched and car is as seen in the pic, made people wonder WTF is he hiding.
Old 07-24-2003, 08:53 AM

Originally posted by AMG BRED
although, i have no space to be in this thread but i came across it when i was bored and read it.. i think C2Jones is right in this thread. The car may exist (due to Peter's credibility and his word that it does exist means alot) it was pretty unproffesional for shank to refuse to post an original untouched picture till of late. To me it seemed like he wanted to post a pic of the SL lowered but in reality it was not lowered. That's why he kept stalling to attach a real pic. But as posted before, if he just post an untouched pic from the beginning, he would have retained his credit and everything would have been cool.. but the fact that he kept denying the pics weren't touched and car is as seen in the pic, made people wonder WTF is he hiding.
WOW,

I can't beleive I lost the "Posting image amongst enthusiasts and some num nuts without photoshopping, sneezy, achy head, dry throat, off of the site posting rules??" credibility award.

Perhaps, I'll have a shot at it next year.
Old 07-24-2003, 09:46 AM

Stumbled on this thread and can't stop laughing. Hate to do this but, Ryan, Knauz is in Lake Bluff, not H.P. Hope to see you and your truely impressive car there sometime.
Old 07-24-2003, 03:55 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Stumbled on this thread and can't stop laughing. Hate to do this but, Ryan, Knauz is in Lake Bluff, not H.P. Hope to see you and your truely impressive car there sometime.
Yeah, it's hilarious! I love it when wars break out on mbworld!
Old 07-24-2003, 11:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts
Porcelain Bus
In the last seven months since I became a forum member, I have not enjoyed a thread more than this one. The accusations back and forth, the high tech games of cat and mouse, and the truly unbelievable beauty whether photoshopped or unretouched of the sweetest SL I've seen so far- I'm truly impressed. I'm extremely disappointed in you Shank- for giving in and finally posting an actual untouched photo. You should have let it go a couple of more days. I'm amazed at the number of people that actually know you personally. I post here frequently, go to MB events, and still couldn't tell Pocholin from E55Jay from vraa.

And when you finally decided to cave in you post this piece of **** blurry pic. Come on, a guy with the time and desire that you have can give us such a poor effort. After the 30 minutes of reading, that's the best that I get? Let's see 10 more untouched high quality pics that we can email to our friends to show them what their SL can aspire to be.

Regarding Renntech, I live 5 minutes away and when I was touring their shop about a month ago, I felt like a kid in a candy store, except the candy was made of gold. Amazing stuff with real R & D behind most of their products. Just too pricey in my opinion.

Anyway, my post is getting too long and I must say goodnight.

Last edited by Dr Chill; 07-24-2003 at 11:41 PM.
Old 07-25-2003, 12:11 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by Dr Chill
I post here frequently, go to MB events, and still couldn't tell Pocholin from E55Jay from vraa.
I don't think E55Jay will be happy you used his name in the same sentence as Pocholin's nor mine
Old 07-25-2003, 03:18 PM

Dr. Chill - as per your request...

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/s...=3399#post3399
Old 07-25-2003, 04:08 PM

05 E500
Shank - 6speedline.com photos

Ah... finally.

Now there's the quality eye-candy we've been waiting for. As was never denied and frequently submitted, nice car!

Certainly, the touched photo undermined your effort, intent, the car, and your support entourage. The untouched photo is what you needed, and surprising went without, toward making the case for one truly special machine.

Besides, these clean photos (at 6speedline.com) are by far and away the best representation the car could have. There is no need to doctor (or chop, misalign, detract) from the car in its original form. Let those who need to enhance their cars do this; your car is not amongst them.

Spending what you did to bring this machine to this point, I wouldn't have it any other way, except represented in its purest capacity. These are my thoughts, anyway, and I think most enthusiasts like seeing cars like yours clean, too.

Moving on to the car itself…

This is clearly the sharpest SL I’ve ever seen (though some other RENNtech SL’s are close). Truly, it deserves its place in this elite class with other special cars across the country and beyond. Car shows are a must. It also will be getting a place with my desktop wallpaper and slideshow imagery. Some hardcopy prints may be in order too (without any redistribution of course).

Ironically, a car whose previous photos somewhat compromised its best form, will now be seen everyday by me (and I'm sure others too) upon my PC desktop wallpaper as a lasting testament of one the longer run, best participated threads in MBWorld in some time.

The car, in of itself deserves its attention, no matter how and in what form, as a truly special ride. This is my statement to you.

Chris

Last edited by c2jones; 07-25-2003 at 04:10 PM.
Old 07-25-2003, 04:29 PM

05 E500
Other SL's of the elite.

For instance, this RENNtech won Best of Show in Miami last year. It has a nice front spoiler.

http://www.renntechmercedes.com/vr/st_vr_f.html

And this Carlsson SL… (below)

And Sanifer SL (below) both hold their own.

Of course, I’m sure Shank has only begun, and in no way is finished with this car.
Attached Thumbnails My new Renntech SL55- pictures-carlsl500.jpg  
Old 07-25-2003, 04:33 PM

05 E500
Sanifer Exotics

And this Sanifer Exotics special...
Attached Thumbnails My new Renntech SL55- pictures-16345-202003-20sl500.jpeg  
Old 07-25-2003, 05:07 PM

Renntech's chin spoiler is only for the NON AMG
Old 07-25-2003, 05:53 PM

05 E500
RENNtech front Air Dam

The car on their site and the car in their flyers is an SL 55.

Is a there SL 55 non AMG?
Attached Thumbnails My new Renntech SL55- pictures-renntech-sl55-amg.jpg  

Last edited by c2jones; 07-25-2003 at 05:58 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: My new Renntech SL55- pictures