SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Has anyone purschased these cf mirror covers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 03:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sl55
Has anyone purschased these cf mirror covers?

Well I am wondering if anyone has purchased http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercedes-R23...7c1c47&vxp=mtr

seems like a good price and may be a good upgrade fit for me as I have a white sl55 that has taken on a white/blk theme. It says in the auction I can get these in cf or painted white to match my car, what are your opinions, thanks, oh btw does anyone have any pics of sl's with these covers on? I am trying to figure out if they would be a good fit in cf or white color for my sl, oh and I currently have a cf front lip spoiler, rear trunk spoiler, and rear diffuser in which doesnt all show up in this pic. Opinions please, thanks

Last edited by hamann1000; 09-11-2012 at 03:34 AM. Reason: left out some info
Old 09-11-2012, 11:57 AM

'05 SL 55 Black/Black w/mods from Eurocharged/Kleemann/BuckheadImports
Thumbs up Yes, I have bought them, getting installed very soon

I did buy these also....my SL 55 is in the shop getting some other cosmetic and performance upgrades to go along with it.... I will try to remember and post up a few pictures of it after its done and my car is washed and detailed.

I also bought the EuroTeck carbon fiber rear diffuser from ACG in San Diego, and I think this and the carbon side mirrors will complement my carbon front lip and my interior carbon wrap and carbon fiber gear shift knob nicely....Also I'm going to try and get them to carbon wrap my rear trunklid spoiler and side air vent slats and hood slats so it all matches....then next year I'd like sometime to buy the DCT flat bottom carbon fiber steering wheel to bring it all together......wrapping some parts in the carbon vinyl wrap is proving to be very difficult and problematic for some parts.....I hope it all works out......

P.S. - Just letting you all know it does take a little while for the carbon side mirrors to come in because I didn't get mine for 3 weeks after I bought them....they shipped from Taiwan....glad I'm a patient guy....I'm drivng my older 2001 CLK 430 coupe for the next month or so until my SL 55 gets back out of the shop....but it'll be worth it....the car is gonna hopefully look better and perform and sound better with what I'm doing to it......Going from an almost 600 Horsepower car back to a 275 or so horsepower car is quite humbling...everytime I step on the gas I'm just waiting for the car to go but it takes forever.......but after these newest upgrades Adam at Eurocharged says my car should be around 640 or so horsepower.....that will have to do for now...... later on I will do the Kleemann headers, Eurocharged carbon intake, Kleemann camshafts, etc.....

P.S. #2: Hamann1000, I see you have also done like me the smoked side marker lenses, updated single slat front grille and carbon front lip....they are some of the most needed updates to our cars...and the carbon side mirrors that I bought are not painted, but either way I'm sure they will both look great.....very cost effective way to enhance and update the look of our cars....

Last edited by SL65amg; 09-11-2012 at 12:10 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 210 Likes on 156 Posts
W222 S63L, ML/GLE350
I ordered them and they where BAD....Full of bubbles on the surface...I told them and he promised me new ones...I let you know when I get the new ones.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:41 PM

Chris, damn sorry to hear about your bad experience with them.....the ones I ordered are the bare carbon fiber ones, and when I took them out of the box and looked at them I did not see any defects, they looked very good......I hope they fix that situation for you right away......

Last edited by SL65amg; 09-11-2012 at 08:44 PM.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:08 AM

sl55
Originally Posted by Chris The Swede
I ordered them and they where BAD....Full of bubbles on the surface...I told them and he promised me new ones...I let you know when I get the new ones.
i always figured taiwan has some of the best cf companies out there, and having a low min wage there (i think $~3 usd/hr) helps. Even my cf rear diffuser made here in the US with a mold has a few bubbles but only a few and there so small you would never notice about the size of a pin head
Old 09-12-2012, 03:11 AM

sl55
If anyone is looking to buy a cf front lip spoiler I have a extra one brand new, pm me
Old 09-12-2012, 03:13 AM

sl55
Originally Posted by SL65amg
Chris, damn sorry to hear about your bad experience with them.....the ones I ordered are the bare carbon fiber ones, and when I took them out of the box and looked at them I did not see any defects, they looked very good......I hope they fix that situation for you right away......
hey do you happen to have any pics in how they look installed? and how hard was the install?

Trending Topics

Old 09-12-2012, 03:00 PM

Thumbs up

yeah like i said i will put up pictures after the install.....my car will be in the shop for atleast the next few weeks getting cosmetic and performance upgrades......once thats done im gonna go get the car detailed and then take a couple pics.....your bad experience with them is making me kinda paranoid now.....i hope they will be cool after the install and i hope the install goes ok.....
gotta be honest though, what im looking forward to more than anything else im doing to it is how the car will sound after the new straight piped exhaust with resonator delete and secondary cat delete
Old 09-14-2012, 02:21 PM

07 S550, 01 CL500
very nice ,just got one pair for my baby
Old 09-18-2012, 02:21 AM

sl55
would someone be able to put up pic/s of these mirrors would be greatly appreciated, even if there not yet installed, id like to see an acutal pic other than these ebay clusters, thanks