SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Message to Jørgen

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 06:32 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
SL 55 and a GT 3000 vr4 Here's my car: http://home.online.no/~ludvs/index.cfm
Message to Jørgen

And a message to a Norwegian guy called Jørgen:
I messed up my private messagebox and accidentally deleted your message after I read another one.

Your question was about the abc suspension. I wouldn't hesitate one bit over the eventually problem's that's coming, just put aside some money for the eventually repairs.
Many high-end cars have some kind of air or oil type of suspension, but the plusses outweights the minuses.
You'll never regret buying an sl 55, only the motor sound is reason enough!
So go out and find the best sl 55 you can!
Sorry again for the inconvenience....

Here's some info:
Two Computers, Four Control Valves, and 13 Valves Make it All Work
A total of 13 sensors monitor body movement and vehicle level so that the ABC computer is supplied with new data every 10 milliseconds. This sophisticated system senses body movement just as it begins, and makes corrections via the servos within a fraction of a second.
Two sensors at each end of the car measure vehicle level, while nine sensors – in the front end, under the front passenger seat and in the center console – detect vertical and transverse body movement. Data from the sensors is used by two microprocessors that compute signals for operating hydraulic valves that control each of the four hydraulic servos on the springs.

High Hydraulic Pressure Also a Key To Fast Response
A special engine-driven oil pump generates 2840 pounds per square inch of oil pressure, which helps ensure that the four servos operate within a few milliseconds. The system checks and re-checks itself every 10 milliseconds! An accumulator or pressure reservoir at each end of the car keeps pressurized oil ready, so that the energy for split-second damping and springing is always available, and an oil cooler maintains the right operating temperature in the hydraulic system.

PS: Hope this is OK for the moderator

Yours sincerely
Rune Solem

Last edited by rune solem; 12-26-2012 at 06:36 AM.