SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: What happened to Speedriven ??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 01:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S 420 CDI
Originally Posted by malahhaor
They are in process of updating their site. Give them a call or email if you need detailed info.
Ok
Old 10-09-2013, 01:37 PM
Banned

Received 72 Likes on 62 Posts
Speedriven
Yes the site and price list is under construction as off now. For information on product and pricing email us at info@speedriven.com or call 847-485-8126
Old 10-10-2013, 12:57 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
SL600 / SL450 (107) / E350 / BMW M5 E60 / BMW 745i (E23) / BMW X6M / Toyota Hilux 4 WD/ Honda CBX 10
Originally Posted by Ekselent
Have now wait 10 days for the tune buy e-mail from Speedriven and still nothing...
Does anyone know what happen to my tune what Speedriven were supposed to send me???
Old 10-14-2013, 06:04 PM

SL65 AMG, X5-4.8i M-Sport, 530D, 528i
Exclamation No feed back

Have now wait 10 days for the tune buy e-mail from Speedriven and still nothing...
After waiting 8-9 month without any feedback to questions on my ECU tuning which had problems, I finally went with Kleemann!
Old 10-16-2013, 04:36 PM

SL600 / SL450 (107) / E350 / BMW M5 E60 / BMW 745i (E23) / BMW X6M / Toyota Hilux 4 WD/ Honda CBX 10
Originally Posted by RNSL65
After waiting 8-9 month without any feedback to questions on my ECU tuning which had problems, I finally went with Kleemann!
Still nothing..... Can't understand this...
If they have made their own tunes the tune should be ready at their own computer.
Now it's seems they must have big problems somewhere because it take so long time to made it to MyGenius "language"... FPF : format.
I can't go with Kleeman because I bought Speedriven Intercooler upgrade kit.
Kleeman tune does not take into account my different setup because the don't have it...
So Speedriven must have some problems with the tune uploads....
I want to buy 200cel cats + downpipes but I can't pull the trigger after al this...
Is there another tuning companies who can made them... Bolt on?

Juha

Last edited by Ekselent; 10-16-2013 at 04:39 PM.
Old 10-16-2013, 05:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CTS-V
Are you contacting them through the forum or directly? It appears they don't spend a tremendous amount of time here on the forum.
I am having issues with my MyGenius also. Problem is, I am in the US and it has to be resolved through Italy, where Dimsport is.
Old 10-16-2013, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by ttboost
Are you contacting them through the forum or directly? It appears they don't spend a tremendous amount of time here on the forum.
I am having issues with my MyGenius also. Problem is, I am in the US and it has to be resolved through Italy, where Dimsport is.
Yes... I have contact them directly and sometimes they answer to.
I have thinking a lot what the problem is... and why they can't solve the problem... and it sad if it depends from of third partner.....
So the problem must be the Dimsport then....
I don't like this... even if it a third partner problem they must stop to sell this MYgenius if it don't work..... It's not fair that the customer suffer.
MyGenius and it's software is not ready for sale.....(it is a work in progress).

Juha
Old 10-23-2013, 01:39 PM

Sell the intercoolers

Hi.

If I decide to sell this brand new intercoolers + K&N filters is somebody here interesting to buy them. 2500 USD. + the Mygenius programmer.

Juha
Old 10-23-2013, 08:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 SL600, 2016 ES300h, 2012 Hayabusa
these the upgrade intercoolers for 600/65?
Old 10-23-2013, 10:26 PM

SpeedRiven SL V12TT, ML320CDI
Hi.

If I decide to sell this brand new intercoolers + K&N filters is somebody here interesting to buy them. 2500 USD. + the Mygenius programmer.

Juha

Just get someone with proper flashing tool (aka Byteshooter) to flash the file Marcin provided and enjoy your upgrades. Selling the hardware when all you need is a tool to write the FILE YOU ALREADY HAVE is not a very wise idea. Dimsport is a pain when it comes to tune files as they use proprietary format - there is more to it than just a format, but I won't get into details...

I have a completely opposite problem - have the file and can write it, but no hardware. I would gladly buy your hardware package, but still waiting for SpeedRiven to ship my IC and downpipe packages, as I already paid for mine looooooooooong time ago. They have till the end of the month to ship my hardware and it will be for their Canadian demo car. If they fail to deliver, SpeedRiven is pretty much loosing Canadian market as this is their second (and last) chance, and I am talking a real volume here. My shop was the only one in Canada knowing WTH SpeedRiven is about and I used my own SL600 to demonstrate SpeedRiven upgrades to my clients (there are quite a few of my clients on this board and thank you !!!!).

Igor.

Last edited by igor; 10-23-2013 at 11:23 PM.
Old 10-24-2013, 02:31 AM

Originally Posted by NEMES1S
these the upgrade intercoolers for 600/65?
Yes it for 600 and 65...
Many have send me e-mails ( thank you for that) and ask details.. yes it's a complete kitt.... with all parts.
Intake pipes + K&N filters..... and it's brand new kitt.

The price is for the kitt. The freight costs don't include the price.
Yes I can send it everywhere.

Juha
Old 10-24-2013, 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by igor@Accel
Just get someone with proper flashing tool (aka Byteshooter) to flash the file Marcin provided and enjoy your upgrades. Selling the hardware when all you need is a tool to write the FILE YOU ALREADY HAVE is not a very wise idea. Dimsport is a pain when it comes to tune files as they use proprietary format - there is more to it than just a format, but I won't get into details...

I have a completely opposite problem - have the file and can write it, but no hardware. I would gladly buy your hardware package, but still waiting for SpeedRiven to ship my IC and downpipe packages, as I already paid for mine looooooooooong time ago. They have till the end of the month to ship my hardware and it will be for their Canadian demo car. If they fail to deliver, SpeedRiven is pretty much loosing Canadian market as this is their second (and last) chance, and I am talking a real volume here. My shop was the only one in Canada knowing WTH SpeedRiven is about and I used my own SL600 to demonstrate SpeedRiven upgrades to my clients (there are quite a few of my clients on this board and thank you !!!!).

Igor.
Igor.....
Yes I have thinking about that also.
I'm so angry .... so I'm shaking every time I open the computer...
I hope Marcin solve the problems .. my and yours..... but I'm not gone wait too long time any more....

Juha
Old 10-24-2013, 05:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Been following your modding/building progress, & bent over backwards to help you..

Igor.....
Yes I have thinking about that also.
I'm so angry .... so I'm shaking every time I open the computer...
I hope Marcin solve the problems .. my and yours..... but I'm not gone wait too long time any more....

Juha
But ALL the way from wheels to these latest upgrades you are w/out a doubt just "1" of those guys who runs around in circles chasing your own tail NOT trying to put you down but somone NEEDS to point these facts out as throughout your build you've ranted & raved about nearly every part that's gone in to/on to your build IE I remember you ripping on every wheel manufacturer you dealt with & nothings changed w/ALL your Speedriven mods.

If Speedrivens, taking too long for you? You don't have to sell all your Speedriven mods, OE Tuning/EuroCharged etc etc can EASILY custom TUNE your setup. Though like the rest of your frenetic process in trying to build this SL, you will just shoot yourself in the foot yet again So PLEASE Sell ALL your Speedriven mods to a more levelheaded deserving member here that can easily make this SIMPLE, SIMPLE, setup run problem FREE in a matter of a few HOURS INCLUDING install time of IC's etc the Custom Tuning File can be REMOTELY DYNO tuned by Speedriven, OE Tuning, EuroCharged, etc in a couple hours on ANY properly working dyno machine etc..

So here's to the LUCKY Member who scores these fantastic Speedriven mods

Last edited by Thericker; 10-24-2013 at 05:19 PM.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Thericker
But ALL the way from wheels to these latest upgrades you are w/out a doubt just "1" of those guys who runs around in circles chasing your own tail NOT trying to put you down but somone NEEDS to point these facts out as throughout your build you've ranted & raved about nearly every part that's gone in to/on to your build IE I remember you ripping on every wheel manufacturer you dealt with & nothings changed w/ALL your Speedriven mods.

If Speedrivens, taking too long for you? You don't have to sell all your Speedriven mods, OE Tuning/EuroCharged etc etc can EASILY custom TUNE your setup. Though like the rest of your frenetic process in trying to build this SL, you will just shoot yourself in the foot yet again So PLEASE Sell ALL your Speedriven mods to a more levelheaded deserving member here that can easily make this SIMPLE, SIMPLE, setup run problem FREE in a matter of a few HOURS INCLUDING install time of IC's etc the Custom Tuning File can be REMOTELY DYNO tuned by Speedriven, OE Tuning, EuroCharged, etc in a couple hours on ANY properly working dyno machine etc..

My mother is much stronger than your mother...

Last edited by Ekselent; 10-26-2013 at 03:13 PM.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:32 PM

Thericker...

Do you know who have write this???

"I've pretty much given up waiting on Marcin/Speedriven for my Turbo upgrades & taken on the project/build myself (assembled Tuning/Fabrication team & purchased nearly brand new set of SL65 Turbo/Manifolds & pair of Brand NEW Intercoolers to run in QUAD formation like Brabus has done) OE Tuning/Jeremy will be Tuning her"

and this ???

"Speedriven/Marcin is impossible to reach on the phone/email/text etc I'm not the only person having this continued problem, I'm certainly not sending my SL few thousand miles cross country to his actual shop, if I can't even get the guy on the phone..

I've already purchased needed parts, Jody's build was far more complex as he had to transplant engine/trans/etc then fab turbo work etc YES it works w/all these hurdles w/out your over complicated version.."

Thericker... I wonder why you jump on me when you've written like this much earlier than me?

So my opinion is you are not the right person to comment on my posts.... or I'm missing something???

Juha
Old 10-24-2013, 08:45 PM

Thericker...

"I've pretty much given up waiting on Marcin/Speedriven for my Turbo upgrades & taken on the project/build myself (assembled Tuning/Fabrication team & purchased nearly brand new set of SL65 Turbo/Manifolds & pair of Brand NEW Intercoolers to run in QUAD formation like Brabus has done) OE Tuning/Jeremy will be Tuning her"

and this ???

"Speedriven/Marcin is impossible to reach on the phone/email/text etc I'm not the only person having this continued problem, I'm certainly not sending my SL few thousand miles cross country to his actual shop, if I can't even get the guy on the phone..

I've already purchased needed parts, Jody's build was far more complex as he had to transplant engine/trans/etc then fab turbo work etc YES it works w/all these hurdles w/out your over complicated version.."

Thericker... I wonder why you jump on me when you've written like this much earlier than me?

So my opinion is you are not the right person to comment on my posts.... or I'm missing something???

Juha
You forgot to mention that you are in Finland (can clearly see this in your profile) and "OE Tuning/EuroCharged" custom tuning might not be an option

He did not add any value to what I said, but the point was - find ANY TUNING SHOP and ask then to write the file Marcin sent you. If you are using the MAC, you would have to convert the file and it is not that straight forward. Also, Dimsport files are the pain - I can probably help you out, but that will take time. Just search for any tuner around you, does not have to be MB - they can easily write the .bin file.

I am in the same boat as you and so far did not get any hardware from SpeedRiven and I ordered it before you. Since you have everything you need, there is no reason to give up and loose your money. SpeedRiven has a great product and I hope I can prove it very shortly as Marcin confirmed that he is shipping my stuff next week. Just go that extra step and write the file vs selling your hardware... Should you still decide to sell it after all, let me know as I will easily resell it to one of my clients after my demo ride is done

Igor.

Last edited by igor; 10-24-2013 at 09:03 PM.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Thericker...

and this ???

Juha
BUT I was talking purely about NOT getting in TOUCH w/him @ that time.. Lol Not freaking out & havig a fire sale of your brand new Speedriven parts because you can't figure out how to have ANOTHER party tune your SL.. Totally different situation etc. Nor complaing about every vendor who's touched your car or sourced parts for it..

PS.. Applaud your research attempt

Last edited by Thericker; 10-24-2013 at 08:52 PM.
Old 10-24-2013, 11:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 SL600, 2016 ES300h, 2012 Hayabusa
I'd offer 2k without the intake . I got that last fall
Old 10-25-2013, 02:24 AM

BUT I was talking purely about NOT getting in TOUCH w/him @ that time.. Lol Not freaking out & havig a fire sale of your brand new Speedriven parts because you can't figure out how to have ANOTHER party tune your SL.. Totally different situation etc. Nor complaing about every vendor who's touched your car or sourced parts for it..

PS.. Applaud your research attempt
I have the same problem now..... not getting in touch with him.
The problem for me is I must drove at least 450 miles and 450 miles back where the nearest turner located..... and we got snow last week.
I must mention again regarding the wheel shops cases. Modulare wheels was the first shop which send me what I paid for so I can trust at them next time also .... the another ones lie to me and I don't like it at al...
Thericker. I'm sorry for breaking the story just the other way....Can we leave this now and go further ....

Juha

Last edited by Ekselent; 10-25-2013 at 03:03 AM.
Old 10-25-2013, 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by igor@Accel
You forgot to mention that you are in Finland (can clearly see this in your profile) and "OE Tuning/EuroCharged" custom tuning might not be an option

He did not add any value to what I said, but the point was - find ANY TUNING SHOP and ask then to write the file Marcin sent you. If you are using the MAC, you would have to convert the file and it is not that straight forward. Also, Dimsport files are the pain - I can probably help you out, but that will take time. Just search for any tuner around you, does not have to be MB - they can easily write the .bin file.

I am in the same boat as you and so far did not get any hardware from SpeedRiven and I ordered it before you. Since you have everything you need, there is no reason to give up and loose your money. SpeedRiven has a great product and I hope I can prove it very shortly as Marcin confirmed that he is shipping my stuff next week. Just go that extra step and write the file vs selling your hardware... Should you still decide to sell it after all, let me know as I will easily resell it to one of my clients after my demo ride is done

Igor.
Yes.... I have a MAC Book. I now that I must use windows to upload it.
I tried to solve the MAC problem and bought an Think pad with Windows XP.

So I use Mygenius first which ThinkPad. I update Mygenius (you must do it first time) with Think pad also.
Then I took it to my car and write/upload the "file" from the car.
Then I save it at my Think Pad. Then I save it from there to a memory stick.
and save it from the memory stick to the MacBook and I send it from my MacBook to Marcin by e-mail. When the new file arrived then I did it the other way around.
I have not any e-mail address at the ThinkPad so I did it this way.... but maybe
MAC change the file when I save it at my MAC hard disk... ?
Computers is a new thing for me so I'm not an expert on them... but try to learn everything but It's take time...

Regarding another turners OE Tuning/EuroCharged..... I think they can help me but I'm not sure can they made a new same tune as Speedriven has made.
Because they have no "intercoolers" and intake kits for sale which their own tunes.

I would have just waited for the seller solve the problem not me because I bought it from them.... and my English is not so good... sorry.

"Fire sale" It is not a fire sale.

We will see what the next step would be.....

Juha
Old 10-25-2013, 04:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
All good Juha..

I have the same problem now..... not getting in touch with him.
The problem for me is I must drove at least 450 miles and 450 miles back where the nearest turner located..... and we got snow last week.
I must mention again regarding the wheel shops cases. Modulare wheels was the first shop which send me what I paid for so I can trust at them next time also .... the another ones lie to me and I don't like it at al...
Thericker. I'm sorry for breaking the story just the other way....Can we leave this now and go further ....

Juha
As you know I've always been there w/answers to your questions when I knew them, & always tried to help you build your SL, I just got frusterated seeing you list the brand new Speedriven IC's etc up for Sale as I said above.. Stick to it & follow my & Igor's advice on remote tuning
Old 10-25-2013, 10:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Vath ML63 Brabus C63 SL63 CLK63BS C63BS
Vendors like peeddriven should have their butts kicked. What a bunch of cumsocks
Old 10-25-2013, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Maverick1975
Vendors like peeddriven should have their butts kicked. What a bunch of cumsocks

Oooook. How would it address the problem Juha and me (as well as some other people on the board) are currently having ? Can you suggest any other company offering full range of upgrades for V12 (tunes and hardware) ? I do not see any V12 in your stable and 63 has a long way to go before it becomes V12 - any way you put it, except displacement and gas consumption

I think better option would be for SpeedRiven to hire some staff...

Last edited by igor; 10-25-2013 at 11:15 PM.
Old 10-26-2013, 12:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
03SL55
Its tough running a regular production shop! I dont envy Speedriven. When it comes to custom work, patience is key for the consumer. Most of this stuff isn't off the shelf.
Old 10-26-2013, 03:02 PM

I hope everyone hear me and understand me also.

Hello.

Marcin contact me yesterday.... and he send me also a new file.
I save the file directly at the USB memory stick. Not at the MAC hard disk first as I do it first time.

Marcin ask me also if I have change the file name first time... I told him Yes and No. The first time I saved it as MYGFile (2)_000_MOD.MYG.2.10.2013.Scorpion tune+stock and without change the file name MYGFile (2)_000_MOD.MYG .... and I test upload them with booth file names and that time it's dosen't help.

So now when I save it directly at the memory USB stick and took it to my Think bad and try to upload it to Mygenius.....Gues what happen......
MyGenuis upload it...... I have not try upload it at the car yet because it's night.... but I think it's gone work now....

I must recognize maybe it have been my fault all the time..... and If it so
[U]I sincerely apologize to Marcin at Speedriven and to you al.... this have been a night mare.

But I must mention again... that I do it this time different way when I upload it.
I don't save it at the MAC hard disk at al. I save it directly at the USB memory stick and not change or added the file name with date or something else. Then from the memory stick to MyGenius by Think Pad.

I'm so sorry if I have done something stupid and caused unnecessary harm to "you" al and Speedriven / Marcin.

But I think I have learn something and I hope somebody else to...

Juha

Last edited by Ekselent; 10-26-2013 at 05:39 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: What happened to Speedriven ??