SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: What happened to Speedriven ??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 09:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 SL 65
Question What happened to Speedriven ??

Does anybody here know what happened to Speedriven ???

I and others have been trying repeatedly to contact someone to speak to and nobody answers any phones or replies to any emails.

It doesn't matter how busy one is, take 2 sec and answer a call. This is the first thing they teach you about business. Every call or email is a potential customer..cha-ching.$$...get it...It's called business. Are they still in 'business'?

WOW,,I never saw such a thing....passionate guys with great ideas/products but no support of any current business model.

And if Speedriven is listening learn the following real quick:

If you don't drive your business, you will be driven out of business. - B C Forbes.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:11 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SpeedRiven SL600, ML320CDI
I would specify the details. New order - Marcin is backlogged and most likely wants to fulfill current orders before taking on anything else. Outstanding order is a different issue...

If you are in Canada, we are SpeedRiven vendor (and have a way to get SpeedRiven things fast here ) - just give me a call and we are sure to take care of you. And I will absolutely not ship things outside Canada (except your own ECU at your expense )

Igor.

Last edited by AccelToronto; 03-21-2013 at 10:28 PM.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:21 AM

06 e55 amg
Its funny how someone with a brand new account and one post(this one) makes this post!? I got a hold of marcin no problem and made a appoitment with no issues. He does have alot of work and you need to set up a appoitment that might take 1-couple weeks, the way I see it, he does a great job and hence him being overbooked! Over the years I have had multiple high end cars and there is usually one shop in every major city that specializes in a certain brand and they are the ones that are very busy.which in my opinion I dont mind because the work is top notch!
Old 04-01-2013, 03:22 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
SL600 / SL450 (107) / E350 / BMW M5 E60 / BMW 745i (E23) / BMW X6M / Toyota Hilux 4 WD/ Honda CBX 10
Speedriven / Marcin have answer me al e-mails.... send offers and detail info what I have asking for,,,, sometimes two days later but he have send answers...
I have order new parts for two weeks ago to my SL600 and he mention he have lot of work and told me also that I must wait about 3 weeks before he can send them because he must made my downpipes with 200 Cel cats and so on.
One thing more..... I have also paid the amount he have ask me to do.

Juha

Last edited by Ekselent; 04-01-2013 at 03:41 PM.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:51 AM

CL65 AMG , white S550 Sport w/ white Giovanna 22s, wild custom chopper
I've been in touch with Marcin - I bought the intercooler kit recently, just got it installed and the ECU came back today. This made my '08 CL65 into a monster, it whistles, I can hear the air sucking through the K&N filters, blow off valves going off, etc.

Sometimes it took me a few days to get in touch with Marcin, but I was always able to reach him and he is the most helpful person in the business that I ever known. He literally has spent hour at a time with me on the phone walking me through stuff.

It's like with any high end low production custom work - if you want this type of deals and rare stuff, be patient. Speedriven isn't Renntech - there isn't a chick answering your every phone call. But if you don't want to pay the Renntech margins, and want good advice and good product - Speedriven / Marcin does the job well.

Originally Posted by SL65FAST
Does anybody here know what happened to Speedriven ???

I and others have been trying repeatedly to contact someone to speak to and nobody answers any phones or replies to any emails.

It doesn't matter how busy one is, take 2 sec and answer a call. This is the first thing they teach you about business. Every call or email is a potential customer..cha-ching.$$...get it...It's called business. Are they still in 'business'?

WOW,,I never saw such a thing....passionate guys with great ideas/products but no support of any current business model.

And if Speedriven is listening learn the following real quick:

If you don't drive your business, you will be driven out of business. - B C Forbes.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:35 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
SL65
I never have trouble getting through to Marson. If Marson can't get back to me...Alex usually does.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E320
Originally Posted by sl65_rockford
I never have trouble getting through to Marson. If Marson can't get back to me...Alex usually does.
Marcin... I think that's a polish name (At least a I know a polish dude called like that)
Old 05-14-2013, 11:02 AM

SL65, 427 COBRA (CSX-3127)73 911S, 246GTS (DINO SPYDER), CORNICHE,1962 PORSCHE TWIN GRILLE ROADSTER+
Is Marcin Gone? I have been leaving messages for SIX weeks.... With NO response?

Did Marcin pack it in?

Has anyone actually spoken to Marcin recently?

I read that Alex was gone a looong time ago but his voice is still on the answering machine...

If Marcin has packed it in and is gone we lost a GREAT resource!
Old 05-14-2013, 04:12 PM

SL600 / SL450 (107) / E350 / BMW M5 E60 / BMW 745i (E23) / BMW X6M / Toyota Hilux 4 WD/ Honda CBX 10
Originally Posted by EXECMALIBU
Did Marcin pack it in?

Has anyone actually spoken to Marcin recently?

I read that Alex was gone a looong time ago but his voice is still on the answering machine...

If Marcin has packed it in and is gone we lost a GREAT resource!
I have discuss with Marcin by e-mail two weeks ago and by phone one months ago.... I have order parts from him and I don't know why but I'm pretty sure he is going to send them....
He also mention he is very busy because Alex is not working anymore and so on.

Juha
Old 05-17-2013, 10:39 AM

SL65, 427 COBRA (CSX-3127)73 911S, 246GTS (DINO SPYDER), CORNICHE,1962 PORSCHE TWIN GRILLE ROADSTER+
Monday I left another phone message... It is now Friday... It has been two months?

Knock! Knock!! Hello Hello ... Is anyone home?

I think that Marcin has packed it in? This is a damn shame because they have great products!

I wanted to talk to him about ordering a pair of his Intercoolers for my SL65...

I just want to spend money $$$ and have been leaving messages for almost EIGHT WEEKS and not one of them has been replied to?

Last edited by EXECMALIBU; 05-17-2013 at 10:43 AM.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:28 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

I was not able to get hold of Marcin for over a month. I had to cancel all SpeedRiven upgrades in Toronto due to lack of support - I am still waiting for some parts I ordered in February...
The following users liked this post:
1Solo1 (03-21-2017)
Old 05-21-2013, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by AccelToronto
I was not able to get hold of Marcin for over a month. I had to cancel all SpeedRiven upgrades in Toronto due to lack of support - I am still waiting for some parts I ordered in February...
I'm also waiting for upgrade parts... I have also paid half of the price in beforehand...
Hope to get something soon....
It does not seem good, but hope for the best...
Old 05-21-2013, 03:46 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Just spoke with Marcin. He said that he is basically closed to public till end of May as he is trying to finish supercharger kit.

Marcin promised to catch-up on all orders and said that I will get my parts mid-June.

We will see...
Old 05-21-2013, 03:54 PM

Just spoke with Marcin. He said that he is basically closed to public till end of May as he is trying to finish supercharger kit.

Marcin promised to catch-up on all orders and said that I will get my parts mid-June.

We will see...
Thank you.... I don't know why but I think he is seriously...
I hope also he answer my e-mail....
Old 05-21-2013, 03:56 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Do not shoot the messenger
Old 05-21-2013, 03:58 PM

Do not shoot the messenger
Thank you Igor for your update..
Old 05-21-2013, 04:41 PM

Marcin answer my e-mail to today .... he is very busy and don't take any orders until all current orders are done.
in my view, he made the right decision....
Old 05-21-2013, 09:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
06 Carrera4
Originally Posted by Ekselent
Marcin answer my e-mail to today .... he is very busy and don't take any orders until all current orders are done.
in my view, he made the right decision....
Maybe, but dropping off the face of the earth is not a good practice.
at least make an announcement or let your venders know.
Last time i was able to get an answer form Speedriven was when alex was still there. none of my calls or emails have been replied in probably a year so i decided not to proceed with upgrades.
I dont have a 65 that speedriven loves, just a measly 550, but i would have loved to get some work done or at least some info would have been nice.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:36 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

I 100% agree with you and I think my business suffered more due to Marcin being silent than any single person on this board. This is the exact reason I am not taking any orders till SpeedRiven can prove they can deliver.

I am driving SpeedRiven 600 and, there are other great tuning vendors out there (in fact, I just tried OE tune on my own vehicle and I can highly recommend there tune. I also do lots of work for EU in Toronto and their stuff is top notch), BUT SpeedRiven is the only company which can deliver the package for certain MB vehicle which supersedes the rest. I am sure someone will mention Kleemann or Renntech here, but both have there own weak spots and SpeedRiven rocks there.

If we are talking strictly ECU tune and small upgrades like SC pulley or crankshaft pulley, by all means, there are great and, probably better, choices out there. When it comes to TCU, Heat Exchanger, ICs, Downpipes, Turbos, Superchargers etc. (especially in combination with tunes), I have my reason to stick with SpeedRiven here...

Now, this post might get me in trouble big time. Bottom line, I know pretty much every major tuning company out there and tried it all. Also, we have many clients on this board who can prove that my shop knows what we are doing. When it comes to tuning, every vehicle is different and I prefer to select the vendor based on client's requirements and not to promote a single vendor. Trust me, they are all great, but all have there own niche and the key is to know which company has best combination for particular setup - this is one reason we have many happy clients on the board and outside this forum...
This will sound rude, but I am not International Peacekeeping organization, please do not PM or call me on how to get hold of SpeedRiven. If you are in Toronto/GTA or in Canada (but do not have any MB performance vendor locally), you are always welcome to get in touch and I will gladly help you to chose proper upgrades for your vehicle...

Igor.

Last edited by AccelToronto; 05-21-2013 at 10:47 PM.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:30 PM

06 e55 amg
I have nothing but good results with speedriven in the last few months!
Old 05-21-2013, 11:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 Carrera4
Originally Posted by MACH-E55
I have nothing but good results with speedriven in the last few months!
Im sure you have. i heard and read many wonderful things about their work, all im saying is that i was not able to get their attention.
And with speedriven being practically in my backyard it was a blessing when i heard about them.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:39 AM

What if by the end of May the Super Charger R and D is not Finished?

AccelToronto,

I am NOT shooting the messenger... I think Speedriven/Marcin are great!..

I understand Marcin closing to the public for a while... But WHY the hell didn't he announce to the world that he was "On Vacation or Gone Fishin" or Closed for R and D"...

A one line post...
Like-" Attention to all involved SPEEDRIVEN will be unavailable for and extended period of time but will return soon with our products"... That would have helped resolved a lot of the questions...

I am just in doubt that in just 7 more days Speedriven will all of the sudden come back to life... What if there are SC tuning issues? And once back how long will it take Marcin to get caught up on 6 months of backlogged orders?

These are just my thoughts/questions?

Last edited by EXECMALIBU; 05-23-2013 at 04:56 PM.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:27 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

I do not know why Marcin did what he did, but I have my thoughts...

As I said before, we shall see what will happen in June.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 Carrera4
Are you saying that you think speedriven will reopen in June?
Old 05-30-2013, 04:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CL600, SL600, Quattroporte, S/C Denali, Turbo M3, H1
Originally Posted by EXECMALIBU
AccelToronto,

I am NOT shooting the messenger... I think Speedriven/Marcin are great!..

I understand Marcin closing to the public for a while... But WHY the hell didn't he announce to the world that he was "On Vacation or Gone Fishin" or Closed for R and D"...

A one line post...
Like-" Attention to all involved SPEEDRIVEN will be unavailable for and extended period of time but will return soon with our products"... That would have helped resolved a lot of the questions...

I am just in doubt that in just 7 more days Speedriven will all of the sudden come back to life... What if there are SC tuning issues? And once back how long will it take Marcin to get caught up on 6 months of backlogged orders?

These are just my thoughts/questions?
Originally Posted by malahhaor
Are you saying that you think speedriven will reopen in June?
I believe Speedriven will stay open and continuing to make amazing products for the Benz community. They aren't a giant shop with tons of guys to take on a huge amount of work which is good because their attention to the small details is easier to do this way. Bottom line just be patient they'll be back soon.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: What happened to Speedriven ??