SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: What happened to Speedriven ??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 05:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Glad you FINALLY listened word by word & followed Speedrivens Instuctions to their.

Originally Posted by Ekselent
Hello.

Marcin contact me yesterday.... and he send me also a new file.
I save the file directly at the USB memory stick. Not at the MAC hard disk first as I do it first time.

Marcin ask me also if I have change the file name first time... I told him Yes and No. The first time I saved it as MYGFile (2)_000_MOD.MYG.2.10.2013.Scorpion tune+stock and without change the file name MYGFile (2)_000_MOD.MYG .... and I test upload them with booth file names and that time it's dosen't help.

So now when I save it directly at the memory USB stick and took it to my Think bad and try to upload it to Mygenius.....Gues what happen......
MyGenuis upload it...... I have not try upload it at the car yet because it's night.... but I think it's gone work now....

I must recognize maybe it have been my fault all the time..... and If it so
I sincerely apologize to all.... and to Marcin at Speedriven... this have been a night mare.

But I must mention again... that I do it this time different way when I upload it.
I don't save it at the MAC hard disk at al. I save it directly at the USB memory stick and not change or added the file name with date or something else. Then from the memory stick to MyGenius by Think Pad.

I'm so sorry if I have done something stupid and caused unnecessary harm to "you" al and Speedriven / Marcin.

But I think I have learn something and I hope somebody else to...

Juha
Specifications Though this thread is so MISINFORMED you "Jahu" have the MAJORITY" of members siding w/YOU & thinking Speedriven screwed you over etc.. ALL TOTALLY UN TRUE.. If you did what Marcin/Speedriven instructed you to do in the 1st ATTEMPT @ loading your NEW files All of this unneeded BAD press SHOULD'VE been AVOIDED..

Yes, I flipped my wig in the past years ago BUT only over having great difficulty reaching the "MAN" What you ALL have to UNDERSTAND is Marcin's basically a "1" man show in R&D/Fabricating/Install etc (I finally understood this KEY POINT, though never had a SINGLE problem with ANY of his PERFORMANCE PRODUCTS installed on my SL)

Speedrivens Fractional very affordable pricing on finished/proven products NO 1 else is even making is beyond AWESOME.. You CAN'T compare BRABUS/RENNTECH/ etc to Speedriven, they are giant Multi-million $$ Companies, w/super deep pockets to afford FULL staff's to talk for hours on the phone to Customers like you & MULTIPLE skilled fabricators/w/latest C&C machines etc to BURP out new & old proven products. Which will NOT come close to producing an already proven 850 rwhp on 93 pump gas, w/Race tune ms109-Q16 or better yet E85 file these Anarchy V12TT kits will make North of1000 rwhp (inmop) & others

AGAIN Renn/Brabus/MKBA are Titans in modding world, The RENNTECH/BRABUS/MKB MAJOR drawback besides Rumpelstiltskin Picing lol "Sell your 1st born child to afford their outlandish price gouging (Is NONE of these Tuners offers GT30-GT35 giant Turbo upgrades or TRUE shorty/header/manifolds to mount larger tubos to fit/work flawlessly)

Again Renn/Brabus/MKB PRICING is set for Celebrity clients or ultra Dubai wealthy Clintel etc.. Juah, at the VERY LEAST ask the moderators to REMOVE this completely misinformed thread here. Or/and better yet Submit a BRAND NEW Thread explaing how you were totally at fault & had ZERO to do w/Marcin not giving you the correct File/Tune/ or MOST of ALL the amount of times Speedriven has painstakingly TRIED walking you thru CORRECT way to load your latest ECU/files to your car..

Glad it ALL FINALLY worked out for you! & You'd be so bummed if you SOLD all these great performance parts in your 'Fire Sale" if you did so ONLY to find out it wasn't Speedriven or MYGENIUS handheld tune box's problem.. Good luck & enjoy your new HP/TQ

Last edited by Thericker; 10-26-2013 at 07:26 PM.
Old 10-26-2013, 05:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 SL600, 2016 ES300h, 2012 Hayabusa
as the guy that was hoping to get the intercoolers, I'm bummed that it all worked out....
Old 10-26-2013, 06:20 PM

SpeedRiven SL V12TT, ML320CDI
As I said before, tune is easy and can be done at an alternative shop. Hardware is what makes a world of a difference and 2500$ was a steal. I would have jumped on it with my eyes closed, but Juha would have never known what he missed...

Thanks Marcin for listening in this case I am next !!!!!

Igor.
Old 10-26-2013, 06:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
yo bud call me got sum good info forya

Originally Posted by NEMES1S
as the guy that was hoping to get the intercoolers, I'm bummed that it all worked out....
IC' related
Old 10-26-2013, 06:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 SL600, 2016 ES300h, 2012 Hayabusa
same number?
Old 10-31-2013, 11:00 AM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
SL600 / SL450 (107) / E350 / BMW M5 E60 / BMW 745i (E23) / BMW X6M / Toyota Hilux 4 WD/ Honda CBX 10
Faaaaast

Hi.

Yesterday evening I upload the new tune with no problem at all and the engine running well ..... today I have test it the first time.... the snow have melt away but it's cold weather and the roads is dried.
The problem now is I have no grip anymore.... so I can't test it
Not any kind of grip... so I can't tell you how really fast the car is now.... but it has certainly much more power
When the turbos start to spool up and when the tires lose the grip it seems that all Hell breaks loose at the engine.

Now I'm waiting after the 99 oct Vpower tune.When I get it I must take the car at a dyno so we can see the differences between 98 oct and Shell 99 oct Vpower gas and tunes.

Juha
Old 10-31-2013, 01:44 PM

SL600 / SL450 (107) / E350 / BMW M5 E60 / BMW 745i (E23) / BMW X6M / Toyota Hilux 4 WD/ Honda CBX 10
Originally Posted by Thericker
Specifications Though this thread is so MISINFORMED you "Jahu" have the MAJORITY" of members siding w/YOU & thinking Speedriven screwed you over etc.. ALL TOTALLY UN TRUE.. If you did what Marcin/Speedriven instructed you to do in the 1st ATTEMPT @ loading your NEW files All of this unneeded BAD press SHOULD'VE been AVOIDED..

Yes, I flipped my wig in the past years ago BUT only over having great difficulty reaching the "MAN" What you ALL have to UNDERSTAND is Marcin's basically a "1" man show in R&D/Fabricating/Install etc (I finally understood this KEY POINT, though never had a SINGLE problem with ANY of his PERFORMANCE PRODUCTS installed on my SL)

Speedrivens Fractional very affordable pricing on finished/proven products NO 1 else is even making is beyond AWESOME.. You CAN'T compare BRABUS/RENNTECH/ etc to Speedriven, they are giant Multi-million $$ Companies, w/super deep pockets to afford FULL staff's to talk for hours on the phone to Customers like you & MULTIPLE skilled fabricators/w/latest C&C machines etc to BURP out new & old proven products. Which will NOT come close to producing an already proven 850 rwhp on 93 pump gas, w/Race tune ms109-Q16 or better yet E85 file these Anarchy V12TT kits will make North of1000 rwhp (inmop) & others

AGAIN Renn/Brabus/MKBA are Titans in modding world, The RENNTECH/BRABUS/MKB MAJOR drawback besides Rumpelstiltskin Picing lol "Sell your 1st born child to afford their outlandish price gouging (Is NONE of these Tuners offers GT30-GT35 giant Turbo upgrades or TRUE shorty/header/manifolds to mount larger tubos to fit/work flawlessly)

Again Renn/Brabus/MKB PRICING is set for Celebrity clients or ultra Dubai wealthy Clintel etc.. Juah, at the VERY LEAST ask the moderators to REMOVE this completely misinformed thread here. Or/and better yet Submit a BRAND NEW Thread explaing how you were totally at fault & had ZERO to do w/Marcin not giving you the correct File/Tune/ or MOST of ALL the amount of times Speedriven has painstakingly TRIED walking you thru CORRECT way to load your latest ECU/files to your car..

Glad it ALL FINALLY worked out for you! & You'd be so bummed if you SOLD all these great performance parts in your 'Fire Sale" if you did so ONLY to find out it wasn't Speedriven or MYGENIUS handheld tune box's problem.. Good luck & enjoy your new HP/TQ

Hello Everybody.

I test load the first tune Marcin send me few weeks ago and it seems that it doesn't matter if I save it at hard disk or directly at the memory stick.
Now I'm sure it was my fault from the beginning.... not Marcin Speedriven because that tune also work just fine.
Sorry and apologize....

Juha
Old 10-31-2013, 03:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Good man!

Originally Posted by Ekselent
Hello Everybody.

I test load the first tune Marcin send me few weeks ago and it seems that it doesn't matter if I save it at hard disk or directly at the memory stick.
Now I'm sure it was my fault from the beginning.... not Marcin Speedriven because that tune also work just fine.
Sorry and apologize....

Juha
Juha! Now enjoy all that new hp/tq PS add 500-550cc larger INJ's to this combo you will see REAL power! IE the 600's have smaller INJ's than the 65's hence we do indeed run outtve fuel & need them it's worth every penny
Old 10-31-2013, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Thericker
Juha! Now enjoy all that new hp/tq PS add 500-550cc larger INJ's to this combo you will see REAL power! IE the 600's have smaller INJ's than the 65's hence we do indeed run outtve fuel & need them it's worth every penny
Thank you Thericker..
I'm gone do that...

Juha
Old 11-05-2013, 06:44 PM

OK guys. I am afraid it is time for me to start complaining...

Marcin, please let me know when I should expect my ICs and downpipes. I ordered those in February ! I did get the tune and was supposed to receive my items last month. Sent SpeedRiven multiple e-mails without any response.

Igor.
Old 11-05-2013, 06:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CTS-V
Yeesh..9 months? Unless a nuclear bomb hit the shop and killed everyone, I can't think of another legitimate excuse?
Old 11-05-2013, 07:41 PM

To be honest, it is 6 months as I asked for my money back in August.
After not seeing my money back at the end of September, I asked Marcin to send me at least something - money or the goods as at that point I did not care. October 3rd we agreed that I will finally get my stuff at the end of October and I promptly got my tune file at that time. I thought this saga will finally be over. Good luck...

October 23rd is the last time I heard from SpeedRiven and he said that my hardware will be shipping next week. Based on my calendar, "next week" already passed and I have not heard anything since.

Marcin, I was really patient, but we agreed that I will have my stuff before end of October. I have to put my car in storage shortly and not getting my upgrades now means I will not be able to install it till next year. This transaction is really getting out of hand. Never mind the fact that my shop was SpeedRiven dealer and I lost many of my tuning clients as I wanted to use my car as a SpeedRiven demo.

There is more to this story, but I will hold off hoping issue will be resolved shortly. I was always SpeedRiven fan and admire what Marcin is doing. I do realize that we are talking about custom stuff from the private shop and it does take time, but MY PATIENCE IS RUNNING OUT after 14 months of chasing SpeedRiven.

Igor.

Last edited by igor; 11-05-2013 at 07:55 PM.
Old 11-05-2013, 07:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CTS-V
Unbelievable. I don't care how great your car runs..if it takes this long to get parts and the obvious crappy service, so not worth it to me. How is it faie that they have your money for 6-9 months and you have nothing. Then they send you a tune, (which costs them nothing at this point) to try to appease you.
I guess I'm a little older and wiser, but I would have asked for my money back about 2-3 weeks after the order was made. Glad I can do stuff myself...Good Luck with your situation. Shame on you Speedriven.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by ttboost
Unbelievable. I don't care how great your car runs..if it takes this long to get parts and the obvious crappy service, so not worth it to me. How is it faie that they have your money for 6-9 months and you have nothing. Then they send you a tune, (which costs them nothing at this point) to try to appease you.
I guess I'm a little older and wiser, but I would have asked for my money back about 2-3 weeks after the order was made. Glad I can do stuff myself...Good Luck with your situation. Shame on you Speedriven.
Asking for money and getting it back are 2 different things. I hope at this stage SpeedRiven will at least through in couple extra goodies...
Old 06-09-2014, 03:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 53 Posts
Cars
I think he is out of business

I had him tune my Bentley last year and it was amazing, He also tuned my 06 CL 600 but now I have been trying to get him to answer my calls and emails for my new CL 600 and nothing. I noticed he hasn't updated his site, so I'm guessing he has gone out of business.

Please note: I was answering other responses as I too thought he had gone out of business but I was mistaken. He is just very busy.

Last edited by 2014CL600; 06-13-2014 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Correcting my mispoken words
Old 06-13-2014, 02:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
SL 63 W/B AMG , S600,C220
Heh Guys, I e mailed Speedriven yesterday, and got an instant reply,
asking how they could help.
Old 06-13-2014, 07:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars
Yes, so did I but after we chatted about me sending it in, he must be so busy that he doesn't have time to work on to many of our cars on line. He is just overwhelmed I think
Old 06-13-2014, 07:32 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 s65. Ford Excursion 6.0. Pontiac GTO convertible. Porsche 944 Turbo SCCA car. Wife-E550 and 968
Originally Posted by 2014CL600
Yes, so did I but after we chatted about me sending it in, he must be so busy that he doesn't have time to work on to many of our cars on line. He is just overwhelmed I think
So, I am confused...I have been posting about speedriven for a few months as they work on my ride, as had a dude Kamil in the cl forum... You just went from calling him out of business to calling him too busy to work on your car He is not out of business, he is just down a shop helper and is busy as sh:t. He is just buttoning up my ride, he should have more time soon
Old 06-13-2014, 08:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars
Dont be so confused!!!

Please go back and re-read my posts, your confusion will diminish.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:41 PM

2006 s65. Ford Excursion 6.0. Pontiac GTO convertible. Porsche 944 Turbo SCCA car. Wife-E550 and 968
Please go back and re-read my posts, your confusion will diminish.
Alright, you got me, I'm not confused. You are frustrated that Marcin hasn't gotten back to you so you assume he is out of business. Then you realize he is just busy. I got that the first time. I also have a sneaking suspicion that you were speculating in a public forum that he was out of business so that he would be forced to answer "nah, dude, I am in business, I wanna do your car, you are next!"

All in all a good strategy. Kinda the nuclear option, but I get it. He can be kinda hard to reach.
Old 06-13-2014, 10:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars
I'm a little above this conversation, so what ever you say.
Old 06-18-2014, 02:52 PM

So was anyone able to get hold of SpeedRiven ? I am still waiting for my coolers since last year and was told about 3 times that those were shipped and tracking number will follow. On May 27 Marcin said coolers were shipped - so far, no coolers or the tracking number and I do not get any response at all. I am afraid, I am also at the stage where I am about to give-up on SpeedRiven.

BTW, I did receive downpipes last month...

I understand he is busy, so am I, but maybe he should start fulfilling old orders before taking on new work. If he decided to concentrate on local community, he should stop taking remote orders or finally start filling them !

Igor.

Last edited by igor; 06-18-2014 at 03:12 PM.
Old 06-18-2014, 03:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars
Talk with Zax63

He seems to know it all. I am sure he can answer all your questions.
Old 06-18-2014, 03:23 PM

I would be more interested in getting my coolers or, at least, tracking number from Marcin.
Old 06-19-2014, 06:23 AM

He seems to know it all. I am sure he can answer all your questions.
I was certain from your above comments that you were above this conversation, but thanks for lowering yourself to communicate with me. I'm sure I will benefit. I never claimed to know it all. I was just refuting your speculation on Speedriven's untimely demise as my car is there and under the knife.

My car hit the dyno last night. I am awaiting results from Marcin. When I talk to him today I will ask him about your coolers if you PM me some details Igor. I know Marcin is knee deep in three projects right now and understaffed...but that is no excuse for poor customer service.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: What happened to Speedriven ??