SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: RENNtech Carbon Fiber 01-12 SL Rear Deck Spoiler

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 11:59 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts
Mercedes-AMG
RENNtech Carbon Fiber 01-12 SL Rear Deck Spoiler

RENNtech is proud to introduce this sporty yet elegant rear deck lid spoiler for the SL-Class. The rear spoiler integrates seamlessly into the rear of the SL and offers a dramatic, unique appearance to the rear exterior.

Our full carbon fiber spoiler is manufactured from extremely high quality, prepreg carbon fiber and available in both matte or gloss finish.
The spoiler will fit any SL-Class from 2001 to 2012
  • What exactly is prepreg carbon fiber?
  • Prepreg is widely known as the finest process in carbon fiber manufacturing and has been used for aerospace and military applications because of its superior consistency in weight, thickness, fitment, resin, carbon layout, and overall quality.
  • The pre-impregnated (prepreg) fiber method creates stiffer, stronger laminates with controllable, predictable results and the result is a consistent, tight fiber weave which not only looks amazing, but adds strength. Other companies use a lower cost, wet-layup method which results in components of inferior, strength, appearance and overall quality.
  • To explain this process in short, the fiber is pre-impregnated (hence the name) with resin at a production facility, rolled on spools, and frozen to prevent the resin from curing prematurely. This material is than cut and hand laid into a mold to the proper thickness and cured at strictly controlled temperatures. This process creates a laminate with a precisely controlled resin volume and in turn is 20-30% stiffer and stronger than an equivalent thickness wet laminate process.
  • This ensures our customers receive components which not only look good on the vehicle standing still, but won’t crack, warp, fall off or fade when mounted to the exterior of their vehicle after six months or while driving at high speed.

Price: $1,580

Old 05-29-2014, 01:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Edit erase post please.. My post not yours lol.. Mbw doesn't allow users to erase their own posts anymore.. After reading ur post closer I answered my own Q..

Last edited by Thericker; 05-29-2014 at 04:55 PM.
Old 05-30-2014, 09:22 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Mercedes-AMG
Ok. It did not get a 55 swap. The customer just took the 0 badge off.

Originally Posted by Thericker
Edit erase post please.. My post not yours lol.. Mbw doesn't allow users to erase their own posts anymore.. After reading ur post closer I answered my own Q..
Old 06-07-2014, 03:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 SL600, 2016 ES300h, 2012 Hayabusa
great look, just too rich for my blood
Old 06-07-2014, 06:36 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
SL65 AMG
Any chance you can post a better pic of it laying flat on the boot lid? Photo number 4 makes it appear to be lipping up on the edges. Price is a little steep.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:30 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Mercedes-AMG
I will look for some more pics but it does not lip up on the edges. The price may seem steep to you but you have to look at the PrePreg Carbon Fiber process. We do not use a low temp curing wet lay up. Our carbon fiber parts are cured at a very high temp so they will not lose shape in the hot sun or turn yellow. The reason they fit so well is because of the higher end tooling we use to make the spoiler. I had a customer here local order an Ebay knock off and then came in to get ours because of how poor the Ebay knock off fit.

Originally Posted by euphoriaDSM
Any chance you can post a better pic of it laying flat on the boot lid? Photo number 4 makes it appear to be lipping up on the edges. Price is a little steep.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:31 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Mercedes-AMG
If you look at this close up you can see it sitting flush on the edge of the deck lid.