SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Dust boots for shocks/struts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 10:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sl55
Dust boots for shocks/struts

I've been dreaming of owning a SL500 since I saw one in 1993. Finally took ownership of my first MB last month and it's a 2004 SL55! So far I've replaced the supercharger bearing, all four wheels, the rear high brake lamp and I am in the process of replacing the alarm horn/siren Whew! I'm glad you guys are around. Hydraulic seals in the roof still need to be fixed.

While changing the wheels, I saw that the dust boots on the struts are starting to get in pretty bad shape, but the system seem to be working fine right now and I didn't notice any leaks. I've seen several older discussions on the non-availability of replacement boots for the car. However, I have found that for the 2014 SL's, a dust boot is now available for less than $50 per shock. Anybody have any insight into how close the covers for the newer shocks are in size to the covers on the older shocks? Maybe someone has an friend that works at a MB parts counter that can visually compare the newer and older shocks? I'm tempted to buy one just to see if it would fit, but I'd hate to waste the money if someone knows the answer already.

Dust boot part number is 2313270092.

Thanks! I'm happy finally be part of the family.
-Steve