SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Problem sl65 AMG automatic gearbox

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2018, 10:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mercedes SL65AMG
Problem sl65 AMG automatic gearbox

Hello!!

I am new here, thanks for accepting me, I write from Spain I will try to have a good level of English
I own a mechanical workshop and we have in our hands a MERCEDES SL65 AMG
we have a problem with the

after removing the engine and cleaning together, engine blocks, trapezoids, hybridizing turbos, changing spark plugs, complete revision and oil change, we have assembled everything and it gives us the following error

"slide box changes in 3"

the car goes, but self-limits, we thought at the time that it was the VALVE BOX and we have also changed it, with its new oil, level and also the connectors, as well as we have also repaired the CHANGE BOX, (by an escepialist company in a gearbox) but the car remains the same, with almost no solutions, we say call a friend with a Mercedes SL55 and we have tested its exchange (ECU gearbox) and then the car did work and we were able to walk with the more than 100km

At that time we decided to buy an ECU and assemble the ECU (the car is already in an official dealer Mercedes Benz), but the problem persists with the new switchboard and do not hit it, they are not capable!

we think it is UPDATE between the gearbox and the ECU, but official mercedes tells us that you can not put an old software but has to put the most modern software and we think that's why it does not make the adjustment electronically

I resort to the forum, because I read a lot and I would like to know if anyone has had this same problem with an SL65 AMG, also the model we have has American frame

thank you very much