SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: ABC height/plunger calibration after replacing strut. How do you do this with DAS?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2018, 11:31 PM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
SL63, GTR
ABC height/plunger calibration after replacing strut. How do you do this with DAS?

I just replaced a failed tandem pump, passenger rear strut, front accumulator, and front pulsation damper.

After installation of everything, I filled up the reservoir with fluid and installed a new filter. I then hooked up Star/DAS and did a rodeo, flushed 10 liters of new CHS through system, installed another new filter, and finally checked fluid level after.

Car runs/drives good with no current/stored codes or warning lights and the pump is showing around 190 psi. However, the height of the replaced strut is noticeably lower than the other three when in the normal driving height. When the suspension button is pressed twice (highest possible setting), it appears that all four struts are at the same height.

I thought I remembered seeing somewhere that you need to to a perform a strut plunger or height calibration after replacing a strut? Can someone please walk me through the process using DAS? I would like to verify that all four corners are sitting at the same level at the slow/medium/high speed settings.

Thanks!
Old 05-05-2018, 07:55 AM
Banned

Received 388 Likes on 307 Posts
'09 S600, (2) R129 300SLs, '03 SL500, '03 SL55
Originally Posted by B Feelgood
I thought I remembered seeing somewhere that you need to to a perform a strut plunger or height calibration after replacing a strut?
I believe that is correct. From the main ABC menu locate the procedure under the controller "adaptations" sub-menu and follow the simple instructions.