SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: SL65 Roof issue - fuse for sensor?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-11-2019, 08:57 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
SL65 Roof issue - fuse for sensor?

Issue: Convertible top won't raise with this error message "close trunk lid". I've confirmed my trunk lid (inside lid) is shut and secured completely) This issue started immediately after I pulled, inspected and re-seated several audio fuses from the rear fuse box located behind the passenger-side seat underneath the lid. (e.g., 54, 66...)

Coincidental with this issue is that my trunk lid will no longer open with my key remote even though key remote unlocks doors etc. I had to use the physical key to open truck and confirm inside trunk lid is secured.

Does anyone know if there is a fuse associated with the trunk lid sensor and which one it is?

Does anyone know if simply pulling a fuse and robbing power from a device would cause this issue?

BTW, I had my convertible top down while messing with the fuses and it closed without apparent issue

thanks in advance for your ideas
Old 07-12-2019, 09:11 AM

Received 64 Likes on 63 Posts
2007 SL55
It could be that the catch cover in the trunk is not in the closed position? cover sensor not connected?

Other possibilities could be the fuses you R&R'd or could simply be the latch mechanism needs replacing.

I would check all the fuses and electrical connections first.
Old 07-12-2019, 09:45 AM

I'm going to check the fuses today and determine whether I inserted a fuse into a wrong vacant socket. Dumb error, but I've made errors before

I noticed last night that trunk does not open with the trunk switch on the door either. I'm thinking these multiple issues are connected. Thx for reply.

Originally Posted by Nor Cal SL55
It could be that the catch cover in the trunk is not in the closed position? cover sensor not connected?

Other possibilities could be the fuses you R&R'd or could simply be the latch mechanism needs replacing.

I would check all the fuses and electrical connections first.
Old 08-03-2019, 04:45 PM

my solution...

Originally Posted by carlsturm
Issue: Convertible top won't raise with this error message "close trunk lid". I've confirmed my trunk lid (inside lid) is shut and secured completely) This issue started immediately after I pulled, inspected and re-seated several audio fuses from the rear fuse box located behind the passenger-side seat underneath the lid. (e.g., 54, 66...)

Coincidental with this issue is that my trunk lid will no longer open with my key remote even though key remote unlocks doors etc. I had to use the physical key to open truck and confirm inside trunk lid is secured.

Does anyone know if there is a fuse associated with the trunk lid sensor and which one it is?

Does anyone know if simply pulling a fuse and robbing power from a device would cause this issue?

BTW, I had my convertible top down while messing with the fuses and it closed without apparent issue

thanks in advance for your ideas
Reporting back my solution was to pull and reinsert fuse = F71 (Pneumatic System Equipment pump) in rear fuse and relay box which is located behind passenger seat. I believe the PSE pump operates the trunk open/close which explains why I received the "close trunk lid" error message at dash.

Fixed just in time - Not a lot of Michigan summer days left
Old 01-15-2023, 04:23 PM

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 SL55, 2017 SL63, 2007 E63 Wagon
Originally Posted by carlsturm
Reporting back my solution was to pull and reinsert fuse = F71 (Pneumatic System Equipment pump) in rear fuse and relay box which is located behind passenger seat. I believe the PSE pump operates the trunk open/close which explains why I received the "close trunk lid" error message at dash.

Fixed just in time - Not a lot of Michigan summer days left
Thanks for this bit of information. Years later it was a HUGE help to me.