SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: NYS compliant green cats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2021, 03:57 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2006 SL55 AMG
NYS compliant green cats

Hello folks,
I'm looking to add a set of MBH long tubes. While i am in the process ordering hese, i figured i would research some NYS compliant 3 inch "green" cats.
Does anyone have any experience with using the green cats to pass the sniff test where OBD II and emissions tests still reign supreme?
Any links to cats that will work or part numbers or names will help.

Preferably, i'd prefer green cats with the O2 sensor ports already built in.
Thank you,
Ajai
Old 08-08-2021, 10:51 AM

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
SL 55 AMG, BMW M Roadster, Holden Commodore SSV
I have Kooks Green Cats on as SS with an LS3 and no problems with emissions. On my SL55, I opted to remove the primary cats when MBH LT's were installed as my future State of residence (FL) does not test tail pipes, hehe.
Old 08-08-2021, 11:07 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2006 SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by smithwn55
I have Kooks Green Cats on as SS with an LS3 and no problems with emissions. On my SL55, I opted to remove the primary cats when MBH LT's were installed as my future State of residence (FL) does not test tail pipes, hehe.
THat's one way to go.....move. but considering, NYS is home for the foreseeable future, i did some research and found that Kooks has a partnership with GESI. If anyone ones to get to the source of the cat manufacturer and skip the white labeled product, GESI is the way to go. The link is below. Basically looks like GESI white lapels these products and other people slap their name on it, in the most simplest sense. But, i will be looking to buy direct. I also found large find rear diffusers from a carbon fiber fabricator so get in touch if you want to get the details and go direct.

https://gsportbygesi.com/high-perfor...tems-products/