SL55 AMG, SL63 AMG, SL65 AMG (R230) 2002 - 2011 (2003 US for SL55 and 2004 for the SL65)

SL55/63/65/R230 AMG: Latest R&D

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2004, 10:16 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Put me on the list for one also..

I want to upgrade my car but have been working on making it more efficient in its current form before I put any more power into it.
Old 11-25-2004, 10:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C32 AMG
can't i just get another gasket from the dealer for $16 and slap it on top of existing one? same thing no?
No, stock gaskets are metal, so they still conduct heat. Spacer is phenolic (Hitemp Plastic) so it limits heat transfer from heads to the intake manifold.

Put me on the list for one also..
Thank you for your interest everyone!

Brad in sales will be collecting names next week for a group buy.
Old 11-25-2004, 08:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 SL55 AMG
Vadim:

So for the formal group buy, we'll have to contact Brad next week via this same thread or? I've already asked to be placed on the list via the E55 board as you probably know. I'm looking forward to getting this going. I know we have more than the requested 10+ buyers required for any group buy (10+ on each V-8 Kompressor forum alone).

Thanks!
Old 12-06-2004, 12:52 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
What's happening with this group buy? No one has contacted me and I havent heard any updates..

Is this product done or is it still being developed?
Old 12-07-2004, 08:38 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
Hey all, sorry for the delay in posting.

So here is what we are going to do for the MBWorld community. We are going to do the first 10 kits we make ONLY to MBWorld members and do them at $149.00 vs. the retail of $349.00 that we will sell them at after the MBWorld exclusive special!

So I know that there are many interested, so here is how I would like to proceed.

1. send an e-mail to brad@evosport.com
2. make sure the subject says "K55 Spacer Deal"
3. Give me your complete shipping, billing and payment information

Or you can call me at 714.901.3100 x15

I will keep a list of the 10 members who jump, and the deal will expire on the 10th sale.

Thanks for all the interest and continued support.

Brad
Old 12-07-2004, 11:23 PM

2004 SL55 AMG
Brad:

I've just sent you an e-mail for my committment with follow-up tomorrow morning regarding my VISA debit card info. I don't feel comfortable giving direct access to my account through a public e-mail system of servers which someone could unknowingly extract.

On behalf of the forum, why does the limit have to be 10 on the very first group purchase? Can't Evosport just do one large group buy for those that have continually supported and followed this effort? It just seems that a larger first group purchase would get the product out to the enthusiasts as well as generate the marketing Evosport requires to sell many more at a higher price in the near future. Besides that, you have a higher ROI initially with greater potential sales to follow. Just my thoughts.........

Thanks for your time and efforts,

Last edited by RU_MATRX; 12-07-2004 at 11:52 PM.
Old 12-08-2004, 01:41 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
Originally Posted by RU_MATRX
Brad:

I've just sent you an e-mail for my committment with follow-up tomorrow morning regarding my VISA debit card info. I don't feel comfortable giving direct access to my account through a public e-mail system of servers which someone could unknowingly extract.

On behalf of the forum, why does the limit have to be 10 on the very first group purchase? Can't Evosport just do one large group buy for those that have continually supported and followed this effort? It just seems that a larger first group purchase would get the product out to the enthusiasts as well as generate the marketing Evosport requires to sell many more at a higher price in the near future. Besides that, you have a higher ROI initially with greater potential sales to follow. Just my thoughts.........

Thanks for your time and efforts,
Great, I will check for your e-mail and await your call. Thanks!

As for the 10, the reasons are many, but here are a few:

1. We do not believe in group buys, they erode the wholesale market, create an artifical price level so no one ever wants to pay retail, etc.

2. We have a wholesale network to support, and if we continually sell retail at the wholesale price, we will never be able to sell our products via wholesale

3. We have R&D and Manufacturing costs to recoup (ie: 2 full time engineers, samples, designs, etc.), and we cannnot do that if we cannot move enough volume, and that volume is primarily acheived through wholesale (see above).

Thanks!

Brad
Old 12-08-2004, 06:42 PM

'19 GT 4 63s ,'17 Bentley Bentayga, '06 Ford GT
Talking

I just put my order through for a set . Personally, I think the special price is great, however I'd still have been willing to pay full retail if I had to. Last week I spoke with the owner of the local tuning shop I use and showed him a pic of the spacers. He does a lot of custom work for people on BMWs and Mercs so I asked him what the chances of getting such a spacer made up as a one off would be versus just ordering it from Evosport. He said down here it would cost the earth to do unless you were doing a serious run of them and that I'd be best to order one. So I'm really glad Evosport have made the effort to design and have these spacers fabricated. The modified parts market for Mercs is a lot smaller than other makes, so personally I'm always happy to see people offering new parts, even if the economics of it mean they cost a bit more.
Old 12-08-2004, 07:08 PM

2004 SL55 AMG
I've received the order confirmation and spoke to Brad directly. Thanks for offering and explaining your support for our group buy. It looks like Evosport will have them ready to ship next week.