SL65 AMG Black Series Forum & Registry Information and discussion on the R230 SL65 AMG Black Series and Registry for all owners.

SL65 Black Series....It's Coming!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 12-27-2008, 01:15 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Assorted Euro Trash
Sorry to disssapoint you, but I think I made it clear up top. Would you like me to just post random pics of cars?
Old 12-27-2008, 01:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
CLK63BS, SL55, G55, C43
Just busting your *****.

But provide pics ASAP!
Old 12-27-2008, 02:30 PM

CLK Black
Originally Posted by MercedesBW1
Those aren't cars for sale....I know what you're talking about, and they are not billed PO's. I'm pretty sure my data is right...
Nope, they are customers cars. I personally know three people including myself that have cars sitting there as we speak.

MB already has their press cars.
Old 12-27-2008, 02:31 PM
Almost a Member!

'09 SL65 BS, '08 SL65 AMG, '08 CLK63 AMG BS, '08 CL65 AMG, '06 Viper SRT10, '06 F430, '04 Gallardo
Those aren't cars for sale....I know what you're talking about, and they are not billed PO's. I'm pretty sure my data is right...
I don't think so because my dealer contacted me a few days ago to let me know that my car had arrived but was sitting at the port. I'm going to call them back to confirm on that and also to see when they are bringing it in.
Old 12-27-2008, 02:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'08 M5, '10 Land Cruiser
Originally Posted by AMG_Black
I don't think so because my dealer contacted me a few days ago to let me know that my car had arrived but was sitting at the port. I'm going to call them back to confirm on that and also to see when they are bringing it in.
Talking of pics, any of your fleet?
Old 12-27-2008, 02:37 PM
Almost a Member!

'09 SL65 BS, '08 SL65 AMG, '08 CLK63 AMG BS, '08 CL65 AMG, '06 Viper SRT10, '06 F430, '04 Gallardo
Originally Posted by Carl Lassiter
Talking of pics, any of your fleet?
yes, just go to my profile and I have an album.
Old 12-27-2008, 06:59 PM
Almost a Member!

Assorted Euro Trash
Those cars are at the port, German port...
Old 12-29-2008, 05:47 AM
Almost a Member!

Those cars are at the port, German port...
No i mean the port here in the states. However, I believe that the cars that are already brought in are the reserved models which are already sold and are still currently sitting at the port. The ones that are on their way are probably the models for sale.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:44 PM
Almost a Member!

Assorted Euro Trash
The cars ordered with customer names on them were built and brought to the port in October. They sat at the port until This month. Not sure what you are referring to. This is info coming from distribution. I know a lot of people know their ish on here, but this is info straight from MB.
Old 12-29-2008, 02:07 PM

'07 Denali
I have to agree with MercedesBW1. AMG Product management informed me that the SL65 BS has an extended production/delivery time of approx 6-8 weeks and that they anticipate a US release in late January. I do know that my PO had a "Production Date" of 12-4-08 and that its' current status is "produced-not shipped." Inasmuch as they are in their own shipping containers, perhaps MB wants to keep them all in their own shipping facility until they want the initial batch to ship to US. Over 50% of the cars are one of the two black colors. Each car will have a inscription on the gear shift knob that states "One of 175" or something to that effect. Total production is still 350 worldwide and the serial numbers in the VIN are not consecutive and may be thousands apart, with no rhyme nor reason.
Additionally, the price seems to have locked in at $299,000, plus $2,750 shipping and $3,000 Gas Guzzler Tax.

Last edited by aspkiller; 12-29-2008 at 02:12 PM.
Old 12-29-2008, 02:15 PM

CLK Black
They do have VIN's assigned to dealers and they do show when they are sold but they don't show who they are sold to do they? Cars aren't associated with individual people are they?

Seems like due to the way these cars are produced, many are confused at where their cars sit in the process. It would appear that they may get a produced and not shipped when they leave the plant bound for final assembly......
Old 12-29-2008, 02:37 PM

'07 Denali
I don't really follow. The PO is issued by a dealer that has an allocation. The only thing the dealer can do is specify the color. The car will then be produced according to the terms of the allocation. Once the car enters the production process, it is assigned a serial number. It could be a number beginning 156,--- or 157,---, based on numbers I have seen. Buyers only exist at the dealer level. Or so I believe.

The cars are completely produced when they are put into the containers. When they arrive at the US distribution center, they are unloaded from their containers and put on flat bed car carriers, such as are operated by Waggoners and forwarded to the individual dealer. I believe all cars arrive in or around Boston, so east coast cars will probably arrive at the dealer a few days before west coast bound cars. They will then be given pre-delivery service by the dealer and floored or sold, some at MSRP and some for as much as $75k over. It's the dealer's call.

Last edited by aspkiller; 12-29-2008 at 02:45 PM.
Old 12-29-2008, 03:26 PM
Almost a Member!

Assorted Euro Trash
The PO is not issued by the dealer. The PO is assigned to the dealer by MB. The first wave of cars were produced in October. The vehicle port on the east coast is Belcamp, which is located in Maryland, not Boston. My vehicle, which was built in the first allocation, actually on of the first cars, if not the first, finished production on October 24th. The vehicles that were built within that cycle, sat at the port in Germany in a "produced not shipped" state until about a week and a half ago. I have an estimated delivery date to the port of 1/2/09. Official launch of the vehicle is 1/15/09. You guys can go by whatever you want, but this is fact, not heresay.

Last edited by MercedesBW1; 12-29-2008 at 03:36 PM.
Old 12-29-2008, 03:41 PM
JDB

CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by AMG Dictator
They do have VIN's assigned to dealers and they do show when they are sold but they don't show who they are sold to do they? Cars aren't associated with individual people are they? . . . .
When my CLK63 Black Series was scheduled for production, my name was listed on the paperwork that my dealer receives from Mercedes-Benz.

I think that the customer's name is listed when a vehicle is specially ordered.

If it is a vehicle that the dealer has ordered for its own inventory, then I think that there is no name listed, even if that inventory unit has been allocated by the dealership to a customer.

JDB
Old 12-29-2008, 03:44 PM
Almost a Member!

Assorted Euro Trash
MBUSA specifically asked for the names of the owners who had left large desposits to order the SL5BLK. That's how they started the production cycle. They are listed internally. If not, dealers can just put whatever names they want on the VII to vehicles sold to inventory. I personally, do not know of any dealers that are taking this car as an inventory car.
Old 12-29-2008, 03:47 PM
Almost a Member!

Assorted Euro Trash
I posted this on a different thread:

"Here you go guys...I did not notice this post up, but I have had this for about a month now:

$299,000 price tag not including d&d or gas guzzler.

175 units will be produced, not the larger allocation they were talking about.

There will be a welcome kit included which will contain the following:

-A custom tailored indoor display cover hand fitted to the aggressive lines of the Black Series addorned with the Affalterbach crest.

-The cover will come in a hand built presentation box apholstered in the same black AMG exclusive leather in the black series. It will also have coordinating grey contrast stitching accompanied by a letter hand signed by Ernst Lieb.

-An engraved plate showing the individual VIN# and an AMG engine plaque signed by the same master tech who assembled the engine in that car. I should be seeing the brochure in a few days. My clients car will hit the port 1/1/09. It actually is slated as the first production SL 65BLK.
"
Old 12-29-2008, 04:13 PM

CLK Black
Originally Posted by JDB
When my CLK63 Black Series was scheduled for production, my name was listed on the paperwork that my dealer receives from Mercedes-Benz.

I think that the customer's name is listed when a vehicle is specially ordered.

If it is a vehicle that the dealer has ordered for its own inventory, then I think that there is no name listed, even if that inventory unit has been allocated by the dealership to a customer.

JDB
Then you must have had a VIP allocation as this is not normal. Is your name listed on your vindow sticker or is it your dealer?

In the case of a VIP allocation, it is my understanding that the PO is issued to a dealer by MB and done so attached to a specific person.

Dear so sand so dealer, PO # klkhlkhklh has been allocated to your dealer on behalf of VIP customer JDB.......
Old 12-29-2008, 04:31 PM

Velvet Fleetwood
I'm getting chills just reading this post. I can't imagine how you feel.
Old 12-29-2008, 04:32 PM

CLK Black
MBUSA specifically asked for the names of the owners who had left large desposits to order the SL5BLK. That's how they started the production cycle. They are listed internally. If not, dealers can just put whatever names they want on the VII to vehicles sold to inventory. I personally, do not know of any dealers that are taking this car as an inventory car.
They may have asked but that means nothing. Once a dealership is assigned a PO, they can sell that car to anyone they want. They will own the car and are free to do as they please. If all the cars are spoken for then we should not see a single one sitting on a showroom floor with a stupid price on it.

I am happy to hear that it sounds like MB is trying to stop the brokers from getting their hands on the cars by asking for names but let's be honest, in the end it is up to the dealer as to who they sell the cars to.

I know for a fact that three dealers that were issued a PO will be trading them to other dealers for a variety of reasons. Cars are floating around and I don't believe for a minute that MB is using that list to determine build spots.

As much as I hate it, many dealers have better relationships to brokers than they do to their customers. Not suprising since the brokers probably buy more cars than most enthusiasts.

Oh, and I decieded to pass on my allocation. I will wait it out for a little while and pick up a car around 200K.
Old 12-29-2008, 04:36 PM
JDB

CLK63 Black Series
Originally Posted by AMG Dictator
Then you must have had a VIP allocation as this is not normal. Is your name listed on your vindow sticker or is it your dealer?

In the case of a VIP allocation, it is my understanding that the PO is issued to a dealer by MB and done so attached to a specific person.

Dear so sand so dealer, PO # klkhlkhklh has been allocated to your dealer on behalf of VIP customer JDB.......
Yes, you are correct.

My car was a "VIP" allocation.

Window sticker did not show my name though, only the delivering dealer's name.

JDB
Old 12-29-2008, 04:55 PM
Almost a Member!

Assorted Euro Trash
LOL....a VIP allocation means nothing. The only thing, in my opinion, that can even be anywhere close to "VIP" is a Euro Delivery, because you get to watch your car come off production and drive it around and stay in a few nice places Mercedes wanted the names of people who left significant deposits ($50k+) for purposes of allocation and build numbers. I work for Mercedes, guys. Who cares about brokers, dealers and POs??? It has nothing to do with this. The point of the matter is, cars are on their way to the US ports for be delivered to clients who are REALLY purchasing them. Bottom line. This forum is getting filled with stupidity fast. I think I will just close it and respost when I get the car in with pics.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:23 PM
JDB

CLK63 Black Series
VIP Allocation

I don't know why you think that a VIP allocation is meaningless.

In my case, I was very pleased to find that certain people within Mercedes-AMG in Germany, as well as MB USA, took the time to see that I was able to get a CLK63 Black Series, close to the initial launch of the model.

I really respect the enthusiasm of the people from Mercedes-AMG. They showed themselves as true car people who really understand the enthusiasm that one can have for a car.

I have enjoyed the special experience of taking delivery of another Mercedes-Benz for my wife in Germany. And while that was wonderful, nothing will compare to finally receiving my CLK63 Black Series here in the U.S. Every time that I hear the engine fire up, it brings back the memories of all of the people who were involved in helping me obtain this car.

It has made a special experience even more enjoyable.

I wish I could afford to repeat the experience with an SL65 Black Series . . .

JDB
Old 12-30-2008, 02:28 PM
Almost a Member!

Assorted Euro Trash
Oh, well you are talking about a European Delivery. Not the same as a "VIP Allocation."
Old 12-31-2008, 01:59 AM
JDB

CLK63 Black Series
Red face

Oh, well you are talking about a European Delivery. Not the same as a "VIP Allocation."
I apologize if my post was not clear.

I was referring to two separate deliveries.

1. The November 2007 delivery of a CLK63 Black Series, here in California. This was the "VIP Allocation".

2. The May 2006 delivery of a European Delivery Program C350 at the factory in Sindelfingen, Germany.

I hope that clarifies my message.

JDB

Last edited by JDB; 12-31-2008 at 07:50 AM.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:29 PM

'07 Denali
A deposit is only a deposit if it is non-refundable. One of our local dealers with an allocation was charging a $50k deposit, but would give it back if asked. Another in Oregon also would give back the deposist, if asked. I put down $10k, NON-Refundable, which is a lot stronger indication of intention, don't ya think?

Also, I was of the opinion there would be no Euro deliveries of US units. True of False?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: SL65 Black Series....It's Coming!!!!!!