SLK-Class (R170) 1998-2003: SLK 200, SLK 230K, SLK 320

SLK/R170: adding a chip to SLK 230 with Carlsson CK23 pulley kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 09:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
adding a chip to SLK 230 with Carlsson CK23 pulley kit

Okay, its spring again and my SLK could use some extra HP. Would adding a chip to my CK23 tuned SLK 230 (facelifted) give what I want?

I was offered a custom chip to fix fuel/air mixture levels to optimum (carlsson ck23 kit gives much more air - increases the kompressor pressure). The original MB programming is a bit adaptive, but the gap is too big.

The price for the customized chip is 700-750€ and according to the tuner this chip would give approximately 8-13 horsepower (or can someone comfirm a lower or better increase?). Do you think that this chip installation would be worth the money?

Is the fuel/air mixture important enough to make it ride better or the engine work otherwise better? What about fuel economy? (Im not only considering the potential hp increase)

Do you think facelifted 2001 SLK 230K would benefit from better exhaust? Any experience? I know a SLK 200K does benefit a lot, but what about 230K? They have much different stock exhausts.

Can some tell the kompressor pressure difference of the stock SLK 230K and CK23 kit?

I was offered a Sachs Suspension Kit (Shock absorbers + springs) for about 750eur + 200eur for installation. This is quite good offer I presume?

Yet this kit lower the car 35mm and I am worried that this will make the car too low for local parking houses. What do you think?

Are Sachs any good?