SLK-Class (R170) 1998-2003: SLK 200, SLK 230K, SLK 320

SLK/R170: New to this forum

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 01:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Crossfire
New to this forum

Hello all. I noticed from some of the photos in the photo thread that the interior of the SLK is identical to that of my '05 Crossfire. I knew that the 3.2L was of MB origin, but didn't realize that the Crossfire is a re-skinned SLK. Very cool.

I've had no luck finding any sort of marketplace online for the Crossfire, but now should have some luck searching for SLK parts.

Does anyone here have any idea to what extent SLK and Crossfire parts are interchangeable?

Anyway, good to be here...
Old 09-30-2005, 05:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Gooday Steve

These forums "may" have a few more helpers that know the crossfire better if we cant help here.

Welcome aboard.

http://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/
http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/Web...REd.0@.ef0e9e2

Cheers Bazzle
Old 10-01-2005, 08:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W205 C300
Originally Posted by El Steve
Hello all. I noticed from some of the photos in the photo thread that the interior of the SLK is identical to that of my '05 Crossfire. I knew that the 3.2L was of MB origin, but didn't realize that the Crossfire is a re-skinned SLK. Very cool.

I've had no luck finding any sort of marketplace online for the Crossfire, but now should have some luck searching for SLK parts.

Does anyone here have any idea to what extent SLK and Crossfire parts are interchangeable?

Anyway, good to be here...
Mercedes (Daimler Benz) bought out Chrysler a few years back and became Daimler Chrysler. They made a few crossover vehicles like the Crossfire and the 300C. The Crossfire is built on the frame and has the DNA of the SLK but the interior is close but not the same. The designers tweeked the parts to make them more like an American Chrysler.

Last edited by E-Klasse; 10-01-2005 at 08:09 PM.