SLK-Class (R170) 1998-2003: SLK 200, SLK 230K, SLK 320

SLK/R170: One Touch Top Operation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 11:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'03 ML500 & '11 R350
Originally Posted by Buellwinkle
Probably, they are very similar. Does the Crossfire have a button that lights up when you activate the top and then the light shuts off when it's done? If so then it should work as it's just some relays. If you can pop the console off and look behind the switch, see if the wire colors are the same as DesignoSLK's instructions (if I remember it's brown for ground, pink/red for power, green/red for lamp power, white/violet and one more), then it's easy, if they are different you have to figure out which is ground, power, and lamp power, the other two don't matter as much as they are interchangeable. You can figure it out with a needle and meter.
Thanks anyway Buellwinkle, I do belive that the Crossfire roadster does have similar roof mechanics. But I just need to know if I can operate the windows via the remote and I'm not sure exactly who I should contact. When I click on the links you guys gave and begain the download nothing happens.

By the way mines the gray one:
Attached Thumbnails One Touch Top Operation-xf.jpg  
Old 11-15-2006, 11:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'99 SLK230
purdy car.. there's definately a way but you'll have to look around.

nah I haven't gotten it yet designo I'll probably be ordering it this week actually. 2 questions though.. does it put the top up? Does the top up procedure also put up the windows?
Old 11-16-2006, 02:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'00/'04 SLK230 Designo Copper, '17 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport Ultimate
Originally Posted by scbysnx
purdy car.. there's definately a way but you'll have to look around.

nah I haven't gotten it yet designo I'll probably be ordering it this week actually. 2 questions though.. does it put the top up? Does the top up procedure also put up the windows?
Hey scbysnx...Yes, it puts the top up, no it does not put the door windows up, only the small triangular ones. Most folks find this to be a nice feature because it takes the guesswork out of when to release the top button so the windows don't go up. The module functions, through the use of relays, off the voltage drop of the bulb in the button.

BTW...04Fire...nice "aerial" pic.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:38 AM

'03 ML500 & '11 R350
[QUOTE=scbysnx;1843702]purdy car.. there's definately a way but you'll have to look around.QUOTE]

Originally Posted by DesignoSLK
BTW...04Fire...nice "aerial" pic.
Thanks guys! I'll just keep looking around, but if anyone finds anything could they post it here please.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

If you want more functionality get the Bipe BVRC, it has one touch with remote control although it's slightly more expensive than 20 euros, close to 20 times more expensive.