SLK/R170: SLK MB Babysmart Booster Seat

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2002, 02:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK 320 (auto)
SLK MB Babysmart Booster Seat

I'm a newbie and need some advice.

I am looking for the MB Babysmart seat and was told that the MB Dealers are backordered with no specific date for delivery of the remodeled version. Seems the old one (made by Britia?) was recalled a couple of years ago. I've looked online and can't find it anywhere and like many others are waiting for the new Babyseat model to come in. The parts used in these "smart seats" have a transponder/receiver combo which deactivates the air bag on the passenger side (made by Seimens, I've visited their site too) of SLKs.

Any ideas, timelines on the Babysmart seat (or work arounds) would be appreciated....thanx in advance.
Old 11-19-2002, 01:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK 320 (auto)
Smile

OK, I found the MB Booster seat on e-bay. Now I can tool around with one of my five kids when spring returns.
Old 11-20-2002, 11:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'02 SLK32 AMG
I was going to suggest E-bay.

Also, Porsche uses the same system, so you might be able to find the Porsche seat instead of the Mercedes seat.

I'm not sure what the deal is with the seat being recalled. I know there are three sizes and one was recalled over 2 years ago. I assume that's the same one that still isn't available.

I know the newest seats now have the "Latch" anchor system in them and the seat price has almost doubled because of it.