SLK-Class (R170) 1998-2003: SLK 200, SLK 230K, SLK 320

SLK/R170: My slk 230 leaked a lot of oil while in storage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2018, 02:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slk230 kompressor
My slk 230 leaked a lot of oil while in storage

I need anyone’s advice or input on what the heck happened to my 99 slk230 kompressor supercharged with only 76,xxx miles on it. I store it inside of my garage every winter and use my Jeep during that season and during one of the very very coldest nights we had during winter my slk230 just leaked a mass quantity of oil. While it was in park, not started for couple months, and battery was not even connected under the hood. It was probably about negative 20 degrees windchill and I’m not sure if maybe something cracked from being so so fricken cold but it was definitely a lot of oil I had to clean up under my slk. Curious if anyone has any type of hunch as to what might’ve happened. Please help me. It is finally spring time and i want to take my baby out of retirement soon. All help is appreciated
Old 03-25-2018, 05:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 994 Likes on 766 Posts
2003 CL 600
No one is going to be able to solve that over the internet, i'd suggest looking under it and seeing where the leak came from, before you start it up. Jack it up and pull the underpanels.

Since it was sitting, i'd suspect an issue on the oil pan or very bottom of the engine, as most of the oil will be there when it hasn't run in a while. It's possible an oil level sensor broke or something of that nature, but you'd have to look and see.
The following users liked this post:
leapyfish (03-28-2018)