Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz SLR & SL Roadsters > SLK-Class (R170)
Beeping Noise When My Top Is Down >

Beeping Noise When My Top Is Down

Notices
SLK-Class (R170) 1998-2003: SLK 200, SLK 230K, SLK 320

Old 07-02-2019, 11:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 SLK230

I have a 2002 Slk230, when I let my top down the knob that is used to let the top down turns red and flashes and there is a beeping sound that sounds like it is coming from the driver side of the car. It beeps and then it stops and then starts back again. The knob continues flashing even when the beeping sound pauses. Anyone knows what is causing this and how to fix it

Thanks
Ronald
Old 07-04-2019, 12:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 56 Likes on 50 Posts
2001 SLK320
Originally Posted by Ronald1265 View Post
I have a 2002 Slk230, when I let my top down the knob that is used to let the top down turns red and flashes and there is a beeping sound that sounds like it is coming from the driver side of the car. It beeps and then it stops and then starts back again. The knob continues flashing even when the beeping sound pauses. Anyone knows what is causing this and how to fix it

Thanks
Ronald
Does the roof open and close fully and the windows go up and down normally? Are you opening or closing it with the car in motion?
If you are doing it when the car is moving the action should stop and the warning signal will come on if you are traveling too fast which is about 1/4 normal walking speed.
Explain more please
Old 07-09-2019, 03:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 SLK230
The car is parked not moving when opening and closing. It will not open or close if the car is moving. When opening it there is some hesitation for the top to go back and after I hit the top it goes back as normally and closes with no problem.