SLK/R171: Color confusion?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2005, 12:02 AM
-1-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SLK55///AMG The MONSTER on the block
Question Color confusion?

I 'm confused. Can anyone explain why MB offers two silver colors, Diamond silver and Iridium silver? Is there really a difference? The same with two blacks. At least with the blacks, one is metallic. Same for the two blue shades. With the two blacks and two blue colors, they would be hard to distinguish between at a distance or under dim light. Don't get me wrong, They are all beautiful colors, but some are too similar. The '05 SLK 350 was offered in emerald green, but discontinued in '06. I know they have the "designo" colors. I'm confused.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:33 AM
Almost a Member!

SLK55, Ford F350 Diesel, WV Jetta TDI
BIG difference

You can easily distinguish between the Iridium Silver (pure silver color) and Diamond Silver (more of a light blue tint). We were leaning heavily towards the Diamond if we ordered the SLK55. Until 'she' saw one in Obsidian Black. The Charcoal/Ash combo interior looks much better with the Obsidian Black exterior than it did with the Diamond Silver.
Old 12-16-2005, 08:32 AM

06 SLK55 AMG Firemist/Blk
Originally Posted by gdsmith56
You can easily distinguish between the Iridium Silver (pure silver color) and Diamond Silver (more of a light blue tint)....
Agreed, when you see a full size car the deference is obvious. It is probably more obvious than the deference between Black and Obsidian or Caspian and Capri. It could be renamed something like Crystal Blue Diamond and drop the silver from it's nomenclator. Also I believe that more color chooses is better and don't understands why MB dropped Orion (beautiful IMO) and Everest (slow seller) and should add a yellow.