SLK/R171: ecu software upgrade recall fyi

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 10:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 SLK 55 AMG
ecu software upgrade recall fyi

Hey all,

went into mb service this morning for an lof (oil,lube,filter) and also for a brake inspection and the recall ecu software upgrade. After 2 hours, I get my car back and in looking over the maintenance sheet, it stated for the ecu software upgrade recall:

open campaign#200611002
ecu
cause ecu camp
correction cannot perform at this time - software faulty

I asked for an explanation and my service rep stated that just this morning, service centers were informed not to perform this ecu software upgrade recall as there have been too many reports of more harm than good by performing it at this time. I live in Florida and was not concerned about the cold weather starting issue associated with this campaign. The rep said that if it is reinstated, i will get it when i come in for service again.
So whether or not this is true I wanted to pass it on. I did read on our board of at least one member getting the 'check engine light' after having the upgrade.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:42 PM

'07 slk55 AMG; '00 Lexus RX300
Hi jbanks,

Thanks for the info. This interests me since we won't see above 0 degrees until Tues. of next week (not that I would drive in this god-forsaken weather anyway). Cars not here yet anyway. Do you know if this recall affects 2007 models?? Thanks again!!
Old 02-02-2007, 03:55 PM

2009 SLK 55 AMG
chris

i do not believe it affects 07 but if it did you would have received a letter from mb or when you went into service they would have informed you. since you do not have car yet, i would think during dealer prep they would bring it up to speed but i would still ask them