SLK-Class (R171) 2004-2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

SLK/R171: Custom performance kit options for M271 engine...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 05:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 SLK 200
Question Custom performance kit options for M271 engine...

http://www.andysautosport.com/merced..._kits/vortech/

I found this site and in a local tuning magazine saw 3 Hondas boosted up to500 HP, that is why I am starting the thread in fact

I am going yo buy a new car for my aunt, so I have to stop modifying mine for at least 6 months Ther are too many things in my mind but they have to wait. Long ago I posted a thread, telling that I want to turbocharge my engine. Thanks for your replies, they helped me a lot. I talked to many Gurus here and they simply said dont ruin your car, it is not a cheap japanese one. They were right and my 1.8 supercharged engine is not the best for getting more ponnies out of it.

There are known companies for MB tuning. Carlsson, Vath, Brabus, Kleeman... I think kleeman kit is the best option for the price. I don't know why but now web shop is not available for Europe right now but I remember something like 1680 Euros for a new chip, pulleys, air filter and fuel injector for K1. It is really a good price. But do we have to buy ready performance kits from those companies? Pulleys are really chip if you know which one to get( I don't know for myself), Kleeman is not offering the best airfilter( it is a mushroom shaped one), fuel injectors are everywhere and easy to find and you can modify your chip to its limits in an experienced garage. I am not sure but may be you can change your stock kompressor with Vortech supercharger one... We have Iskender Usta in Istanbul, very talented guy doing incredible things custom made headers and downpipes. We can also put an aftercooler for better results. There are also many things to do inside the 4 cylinders...

I have no experience in one of the things I wrote above. So besides Kleeman and others , best brands for;

1. Pullies

2. Air filter

3. Supercharger

4. Fuel injector

5. Aftercooler

for SLK 200 Kompressor M271 engine. I think choosing each of the products for best performance will end up with better results. I know what to do with headers and down pipes. Some may say it is better to get 350 or 55 AMG but not in my country
Old 04-30-2007, 11:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 SLK 200
I know some of you bought Kleeman K1 kit, for instance you have experience. Slkfans have everything I want to buy, there are some other mates in C class forum modded their cars with kleeman kit. You may have something to say...