SLK/R171: headlight steering?? (BI-X)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 06:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C230 coupe , NOt THE AVATAR!!
headlight steering?? (BI-X)

on my SLK with Bi-xenon package, i was wondering how it work?

i thought the low beam would turn along when i turn my steering wheels right??

but i found out when i turn my steering it only turn out is Fog Light that is flashing on and off...

or am i missing something??

anyway is there a way to disable the fog light steering because to other people eyes it looks like one of my light burns out since i don't like driving with fog light on
Old 12-30-2007, 06:26 PM
dsb
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 slk55
Your car is operating correctly. I think you can disable it through Star Diagnostics at the dealership.
Old 12-31-2007, 06:09 AM
-1-

SLK55///AMG The MONSTER on the block
Double check the manual and see if it's a selectable item under the menu. Cornering lights are a great feature, consider using them.

What's with the two pics in your signature. You have two MBs available, why not picture them?
Old 12-31-2007, 02:37 PM

2005 SLK350, Mars Red - Tan Interiors
Originally Posted by Brabus_x2
but i found out when i turn my steering it only turn out is Fog Light that is flashing on and off...

anyway is there a way to disable the fog light steering because to other people eyes it looks like one of my light burns out since i don't like driving with fog light on
I'm not sure what you mean by "flashing on and off". The fog light on the side to which you are turning is supposed to turn on when you use the turn signal indicator, but it is not supposed to flash on and off as if it were the turn signal. It stays on until the turn signal indicator returns to neutral.

The respective side fog light also turns on when the steering is turned enough to one side or the other.

But in both cases, the fog light turning on is limited to speeds less than 25 miles per hour. So it will rarely look as if one light is burned out. It just comes on to illuminate the immediate roadway at slow speeds as you turn, or indicate a turn.
Old 01-01-2008, 02:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 coupe , NOt THE AVATAR!!
Originally Posted by -1-
Double check the manual and see if it's a selectable item under the menu. Cornering lights are a great feature, consider using them.

What's with the two pics in your signature. You have two MBs available, why not picture them?
it was because i don't even have any MB hehe jk

anyway, the pics was my really first car which was available in US, and i still do love it a lot...

i will post some pics of my 2 MBs when i get a clear day with some professional looking shot soon