SLK-Class (R171) 2004-2010: SLK200K, SLK280, SLK350, SLK55, SLK55 Black Series

SLK/R171: Two missing features from the R171 SLK.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2004, 08:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Two missing features from the R171 SLK.

Two features that are on the SL i would have loved to see in the SLK are as follows:

1) Panaromic Roof.
Such an awesome option although it does not appeal to many people.

2) Roof Lift (not sure what its actually called)
This is the option that raised the stowed vario roof by just a few inches in the trunk to give better access to stored items in there.
In the R-230 SL, its a red button on the right side of the trunk.
Old 05-16-2004, 08:39 AM

E500
You forgot Keyless-Go!

But seriously, did you expect MB to offer the same options on the SL and SLK???
Old 05-16-2004, 01:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by slytoksy
You forgot Keyless-Go!

But seriously, did you expect MB to offer the same options on the SL and SLK???
Not really but I had hoped that it would be an option. The "lift" button is standard on the SL and is a feature of the Vario roof. Since the SLK is an "improved" version of that, i expected it to have said feature as well.

Oh well...
Old 05-16-2004, 04:06 PM

sl and M-class E320 4Matic SLK350
However, with "Neckscarf" the SLK driver will be able to keep the top down in weather that the SL cannot.

The tilt trunk feature sure would have been nice to have though. I really liked it on my SL.

Will also miss not having that extra room behind the seats on the SL to throw a jacket, bag of groceries, or a camera bag.

I guess these are the conveniences you have to learn to live without for the $30,0000 you save in getting an otherwise equally stunning Mercedes convertible.

Last edited by northbenz; 05-16-2004 at 04:11 PM.
Old 05-16-2004, 10:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by northbenz
However, with "Neckscarf" the SLK driver will be able to keep the top down in weather that the SL cannot.

The tilt trunk feature sure would have been nice to have though. I really liked it on my SL.

Will also miss not having that extra room behind the seats on the SL to throw a jacket, bag of groceries, or a camera bag.

I guess these are the conveniences you have to learn to live without for the $30,0000 you save in getting an otherwise equally stunning Mercedes convertible.
I agree with you. I am however starting to look seriously at a preowned SL500 now.... hmmm choices choices....
Old 05-17-2004, 12:21 AM
klq888

Also

A Built in bluetooth Car Kit would be nice.. I dont think thats an option...?
Old 05-17-2004, 04:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SLK55 AMG
There is a bluetooth built in option, I guess in the APS 50! or the Nav dvd system too.
Old 05-17-2004, 04:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SLK55 AMG
Panoramic roof will be great if its a coupeeeeee! I dont think it suits a roadster.... just my opinion! but it looks damn cool !
Old 05-17-2004, 09:16 AM

987S
Originally posted by northbenz

Um..... a true convertible driver will drive with the top down even if it gets a bit cold!. The lack of hot air blasting down my neck in my current convertible doesn't stop me driving with the top down in sub zero weather, when its dark or even when it looks like it will rain! I only put the roof up if it does actually rain!. I don't see the point of having a droptop if you never get the roof off!...... even in good weather it amazes me at the number of cars that still have their roof up...... worried about messing their hair maybe????
Old 05-17-2004, 01:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by SLK55AMG
Um..... a true convertible driver will drive with the top down even if it gets a bit cold!. The lack of hot air blasting down my neck in my current convertible doesn't stop me driving with the top down in sub zero weather, when its dark or even when it looks like it will rain! I only put the roof up if it does actually rain!. I don't see the point of having a droptop if you never get the roof off!...... even in good weather it amazes me at the number of cars that still have their roof up...... worried about messing their hair maybe????
I like the way you think!!!
Thats why I wanted a panaromic roof - so i can see the sky even when it is raining.
Old 05-17-2004, 04:00 PM

987S
Originally posted by Silver_Lana
I like the way you think!!!
Thats why I wanted a panaromic roof - so i can see the sky even when it is raining.
I'd love a panoramic roof as well as it makes a huge difference to the SL when the top is up...... Merc lent me an SL500 for a week last year at a time when the weather was fairly crap so the glass roof spent more time up than down unfortunately...... but it was much better than a standard hardtop!
Old 05-17-2004, 04:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thumbs up

I'd love a panoramic roof as well as it makes a huge difference to the SL when the top is up...... Merc lent me an SL500 for a week last year at a time when the weather was fairly crap so the glass roof spent more time up than down unfortunately...... but it was much better than a standard hardtop!
What I'd like to know if how you convinced Mercedes to loan you an SL500 for a week!
Old 05-17-2004, 04:42 PM

987S
Originally posted by Silver_Lana
What I'd like to know if how you convinced Mercedes to loan you an SL500 for a week!
Asking them nicely while talking about buying a new SL55
Old 05-17-2004, 05:19 PM
Almost a Member!

2002 SLK 320 Silver with AMG exterior package, black & BLUE leather interior
active ventilated seats

another option I sure wish MB would offer for SLKs is the active ventilated seats that are offered in the SLs. The hot humid summers here in the Washington, DC area really would make me appreciate such "air-conditioned" seats :p
Old 05-17-2004, 09:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Asking them nicely while talking about buying a new SL55
Bugger me!
I should try that soon too
Old 05-17-2004, 09:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Re: active ventilated seats

Originally posted by SLKfan
another option I sure wish MB would offer for SLKs is the active ventilated seats that are offered in the SLs. The hot humid summers here in the Washington, DC area really would make me appreciate such "air-conditioned" seats :p
Talk about convenience!
I wouldn't mind that option either. Maybe its something that'll come as a mic model option.
Old 05-17-2004, 09:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55
Re: active ventilated seats

Originally posted by SLKfan
you don't know what hot & humid is until you are in Florida in the middle of summer

and i don't really see the ventilated seats doing too much work in my dad's sl 55, but it would be a decent add on with the airscarf